What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Canberra star locked up for police punch up

The_Frog

First Grade
The “best evidence” appears to be the account of the girl that it did happen as she described.

Why would she make it up? What could she possibly gain from that?

Prima facie, Squidesco has a case to answer.

If he harbours a racist predisposition, his contract should be torn up henceforth.
Why would the DeBelin girl make it up? It still was not enough to convict.

myrrh ken

First Grade
He 100% said squid games, that is not in dispute.

They have absolutely no idea about the context and whose version of events is true so to save face they went with the bullshit drink in public fine.
What was the other context?

- Hey Ted, you been watching Netflix? There this show with a really unique name that every ones raving about. Do you know what it is?

- Oh yeah it's (looking over shoulder) SQUID GAMES.

- excuse me, what did you say to my friend?

- hey lady, don't you know who I am?

Yeah that sounds right

Valheru

Coach
What was the other context?

- Hey Ted, you been watching Netflix? There this show with a really unique name that every ones raving about. Do you know what it is?

- Oh yeah it's (looking over shoulder) SQUID GAMES.

- excuse me, what did you say to my friend?

- hey lady, don't you know who I am?

Yeah that sounds right

You clearly believe the girl for... reasons. Save us all the time and just say so.

Why would the DeBelin girl make it up? It still was not enough to convict.
Two very different cases, on reflection a remarkably poor and unhelpful comparison.

But I will concede that having the NRL and the Roosters involved in “taskforce crustacean” is a bit:

B179BABA-7B58-431C-94B7-D7B405BED3DE.jpeg

Im otherwise for a stand down pending the arrival of the detectives who handled the Cleo Smith affair.

A vigorous cross examination of all witnesses would be better value than Nick determining the outcome before a magnifying glass is raised in anger.

Where a finding is made that did utter racist remarks, even in an arrogant drunken stupor, he should be removed from the sport.

Last edited:
I also fear that where he is innocent, leaving the door ajar for a belief that he may be a racist by members of the general public, is intolerable and is a great disservice to him, the roosters and the game at large.

Last edited:
The Roosters came to the conclusion that was in their interests. The NRL did the same. The whole things reeks of self interest and kangaroo courts.

what’s the biggest punishment we can give him that will both keep those who believe the ladies happy and not piss of Tedesco.

I would hazard a guess that talking to both sides they can tell who is telling porkies.

The_Frog

First Grade
what’s the biggest punishment we can give him that will both keep those who believe the ladies happy and not piss of Tedesco.

I would hazard a guess that talking to both sides they can tell who is telling porkies.
In this man's NRL you can sanction people on hunches, you don't need to prove anything. I'm sure Tedesco wouldn't even notice 10k, but his previously impeccable record of behaviour has now been tarnished in order to protect the NRL from the media, on whom it utterly depends. Maybe he does turn into an 8 year old boy on the sauce, shouting out lame insults to random passers by, but I reckon we'd have heard about it before this.

In this man's NRL you can sanction people on hunches, you don't need to prove anything. I'm sure Tedesco wouldn't even notice 10k, but his previously impeccable record of behaviour has now been tarnished in order to protect the NRL from the media, on whom it utterly depends. Maybe he does turn into an 8 year old boy on the sauce, shouting out lame insults to random passers by, but I reckon we'd have heard about it before this.

he hasn’t been fined for yelling anything out. Not being present for the investigation we have no idea what has (or hasn’t) been uncovered. For all we know Tedesco admitted the allegations are true.

In terms of hunches, if one side are consistent in their stories and their versions of events all match up, vs another side who are inconsistent and have discrepancies in their versions of events, then the former will be the ones telling the truth.

Unless either side comes out and admits to making the whole thing up, I doubt we will ever know what happened that night. That being said, by round 1 the whole thing will be long forgotten about (had it been promptly dealt with to start with then it would be forgotten by now)

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I feel sorry for the girl. I have Asian family members who have all sorts of random references thrown at them. The odd 'Jackie Chan' comment subtly dropped for my father in law as we walk past someone, not to mention 'Love you long time' being a common one for my wife and friends. Real pearler that one.

In the past couple of years they are less genderspecific. They seem to just be either a subtle 'Coronavirus' - just the word and eye contact or a less subtle 'F*** off back to China'.

It would not surprise me at all if a boofhead football player thought it funny to randomly say Squid Games towards an Asian girl. Because that is obviously hilarious in their eyes despite being demeaning for the girl.

Generalzod

Immortal
I feel sorry for the girl. I have Asian family members who have all sorts of random references thrown at them. The odd 'Jackie Chan' comment subtly dropped for my father in law as we walk past someone, not to mention 'Love you long time' being a common one for my wife and friends. Real pearler that one.

In the past couple of years they are less genderspecific. They seem to just be either a subtle 'Coronavirus' - just the word and eye contact or a less subtle 'F*** off back to China'.

It would not surprise me at all if a boofhead football player thought it funny to randomly say Squid Games towards an Asian girl. Because that is obviously hilarious in their eyes despite being demeaning for the girl.
But seriously is it any different to an Italian being stereo typed as a mafioso…

Does "ahh me so hawnee" get a run too?

If so:

Teddy needs to #StopAsianHate

The squid needs to get on the front foot and do a press conference explaining himself.

It’s a very serious allegation and it will haunt him forever if it’s not resolved.

The powers that be think it will go away, but it won’t.

I see his face now and I think “ racist prick” when he might not be. I don’t care how many dally ms and premierships he’s won. Means nothing to me.

This is one of the most multicultural countries on earth, which we are very proud of.

Half my workplace is of Asian background, if a person did come in with a comment like that, it’s more than likely, the people of non Asian background would ensure appropriate measures were taken.

Once again, i have no idea if he’s said what is alleged. Just giving my honest opinion.

Last edited:

I saw the old classic on the train last week “you can’t sit there you’re too close to me” ignoring the woman on the other side of her sitting exactly the same distance away. Fortunately there was enough people around to put the dickhead in her place.

I saw the old classic on the train last week “you can’t sit there you’re too close to me” ignoring the woman on the other side of her sitting exactly the same distance away. Fortunately there was enough people around to put the dickhead in her place.

I would have coughed on the entitled bag "accidently"

@TruSaint over on the dragons forum has spoken out against racism against Asian heritage people in the past. Champion.

Last edited:

Latest posts