What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Burns

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Or he will just get slower and less mobile than he already is. Another Griffin mistake we will have to endure as Griffin is a stubborn mule (i.e Norman)
I won't bag Hook for anything. He is still in "the honeymoon period" with me, and possibly will be there next year as well. I am just so grateful to have someone other than Mc85 coaching us. (I will declare that I respected Mc85 as a player, but he offered nothing as a FG coach).

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I won't bag Hook for anything. He is still in "the honeymoon period" with me, and possibly will be there next year as well. I am just so grateful to have someone other than Mc85 coaching us. (I will declare that I respected Mc85 as a player, but he offered nothing as a FG coach).
The honeymoon is over if Norman is selected again, it makes no sense for the present and absolutely no sense for the future.

This Year?

Immortal
Burns needs to be put in the 11 jumper and left there. He runs some great lines at times and needs stability and structure for his game. Under no circumstances should he be put at centre and I don't understand why it is when we have others who can play there.
Kerr needs to be back at prop. The experiment was fun while it lasted, but we get rolled in the middle way too easily and miss his offloads badly.

Gomarchin

Juniors
I hope I'm wrong but he doesn't instill any confidence in me with our without the ball. I know he's played out of position but he looks very average to me.

Old Timer

Coach
B Moz couldn’t catch a cold in his early years
as well. Luke Patten was another.
Chris Walsh, John Jansen, Graham Wynn, Scott Gourley all had butter fingers early in their career and all went into very fine careers.

Burns like them us quick and can run a line just needs some time to adjust to the pace of the game

I dare say that if the above mentioned players were starting out their careers now under the new rules including the constant attempts at stripping the ball they may have been worse than than Burns and Kerr for that matter.

I personally think he will pan out a pretty handy player.

Como Connection

First Grade
Chris Walsh, John Jansen, Graham Wynn, Scott Gourley all had butter fingers early in their career and all went into very fine careers.

Burns like them us quick and can run a line just needs some time to adjust to the pace of the game

I dare say that if the above mentioned players were starting out their careers now under the new rules including the constant attempts at stripping the ball they may have been worse than than Burns and Kerr for that matter.

In my opinion Burns has far more upside than Kerr who is still disappointing.
CC

redv13

Bench

Beau Scott had terrible hands early on too then once he sorted that out he turned into an absolute beast for the red V

rasaint

Juniors
Billy Burns reminds me in some respects to Brent Kite. Long lean frame in our 1st season. Brent pumped up about 8 to 10 kgs next season and took off. Brent gained power through the extra weight? Billy can run a good line. Add an extra 8 kgs he could take off.