What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Good as what Foran is/was he is passed his best we should be looking at players with long term in mind, players in mid 20’s, not saying we get Brooks but he is the right age and experience so should suit. We need to buy smart and develop our young local players

Yosh

Coach
I love Foran but the price will never be right because he will ultimately only play 1 out of every 3 or 4 games. Real pity because he is a real good player.

Burwood

Bench
We already have youth in Ponga, Brailey, Clifford and Crossland. What we don’t have is experience and that steady hand to fill the role that we desperately needed when Pearce was missing last season.

Foran can defend, has won a premiership, extensive big game experience in finals and for NZ, played 240 NRL matches, played 25 games last year, allows Clifford to play his natural position of halfback, has a strong running game. That’s quite a few positives.

Plus he’s reportedly after $400k.

Jono078

Referee
doesnt make their team stronger
Potentially it does..

The could say Foran is getting old and slow. Schuster offers a bigger stronger body and unpredictability.

Moving Schuster might allow them to play Ben Trbojevic in the second row and obviously there's big expectations of him.

Knight76

Juniors
We had Hodkinson, past it and a spent force.
Then Pearce, right at the end of his effective lifespan in the NRL and really went downhill last season.

And, we are talking Foran as the answer?

I can see that plan backfiring.

I'd like to see the next half signed, if we even sign one, to have a good few years ahead of them before they hit 30.