What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
I agree but players are doing it for the extra money. We cop it as well. Aloiai, Matterson and now LL. Do we get Papali'i early ?

It's becoming a way to do business without integrity from players and player managers.

I can't see anyone at that club letting Luch go early after the bullshit his manager pulled with Jason Saab. Garner and Blore to start, Luch for depth like Burton was until we get Papa onboard.

Wizardman

First Grade
Overall guys, I think we have had our best week of 2021.
1) The purchase of Papalli on a reasonable deal for us.
2) Not paying an insane amount of freight for Hodgson.
3) Not paying overs for Leilua. I'd have liked to keep him but we are better off losing him than paying 700k. His defence for a back rower is pretty poor.

Wizardman

First Grade
I like the fact that for the last two off seasons, we are not paying overs for blokes. It will bear some fruit over time

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I can't see anyone at that club letting Luch go early after the bullshit his manager pulled with Jason Saab. Garner and Blore to start, Luch for depth like Burton was until we get Papa onboard.
Remind me, what did Tartak / Saab do. I recall Saab was on WT radar before he signed with Manly.

Tigerm

First Grade
Cowboys cap suicide
Lucifer, Chad and Lolo = 2.5m... wtf
We have been there before, haven’t we? It never ends well.

Hopefully, we do a like for like swap for Lucy to get him off our books, he isn’t worth the money imo.

I agree re:Hodgson, we cant pay full freight while we still have Liddle and Simpkin. Persist with these 2 guys and throw some cash at Centre/Winger.
Certainly agree with the 'persist with these 2 guys' both show plenty, Liddle in 1st grade looks ok but you have to take into account the forwards he has around him, I'd go as far as to say that he does the defensive work of some meek and mild defenders like the new Cowboys recruit, Garner and Tamou. Love to see him surrounded by Blore, Musgrove, Stefano and Seyfarth to start the new season plus Hastings barking at these guys heels. I guarantee that when Liddle makes his breaks next season (and he certainly can get out from dummy half) Peachey will be backing up because he can read the game, unlike some of the slow lame ducks who have stood back and watched Liddle.

Jake Simpkin, well no NSW Cup hasn't helped him has it? can't say he has been poor, more a case of oh well 'the experts think he will be a good one, so we live in hope. Simpkin is very much like Jock Madden, they need game time and when they do get their chance they need the forwards above, to be firing.

As for a centre/winger - well the Cowboys can have Leilua today if they give the Tigers Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.

Tigerm

First Grade
Certainly agree with the 'persist with these 2 guys' both show plenty, Liddle in 1st grade looks ok but you have to take into account the forwards he has around him, I'd go as far as to say that he does the defensive work of some meek and mild defenders like the new Cowboys recruit, Garner and Tamou. Love to see him surrounded by Blore, Musgrove, Stefano and Seyfarth to start the new season plus Hastings barking at these guys heels. I guarantee that when Liddle makes his breaks next season (and he certainly can get out from dummy half) Peachey will be backing up because he can read the game, unlike some of the slow lame ducks who have stood back and watched Liddle.

Jake Simpkin, well no NSW Cup hasn't helped him has it? can't say he has been poor, more a case of oh well 'the experts think he will be a good one, so we live in hope. Simpkin is very much like Jock Madden, they need game time and when they do get their chance they need the forwards above, to be firing.

As for a centre/winger - well the Cowboys can have Leilua today if they give the Tigers Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow.
Good post

Must admit I had never heard of Hamiso, but just checked his club stats, they are pretty good and only a youngster who could develop into a good urn?

simmo05

Bench

Vozzy

Juniors
I also read in the article that it wasn't a Madge thing more of a Pascoe one. This bloke just screams of unprofessional. Seems to be hard to negotiate with. Not saying Luc is worth what he is getting but ignoring it completely is a bit slack.

simmo1

First Grade
While I'm happy we didn't break the bank on Leilua, it's entirely possible Papali'i could regress the same way Luciano did this year. The effort he puts in for Parra next year after already getting his payday, will be a key indicator of his character.

Latest posts