What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Nobody knows what the future holds, this might turn out not to be such a big deal in the grander scheme of things but I must say I haven't been this disappointed to lose one of our players for a long, long time. Certainly none come to mind in the recent past.

I dare say if we don’t challenge for the gf in 22, we won’t be challenging any time soon.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Tough loss, Mahoney going ! Pretty important part of our side!!

No issues not matching offers to Papa/Marata! But if the dogs offer to Mahoney is correct, we shouldn’t have lost him and got close to it to keep him!!

Pretty disappointing actually !! The club/retention team have some pretty big decisions to make moving forward……at least we should have some decent cap dollars to spend …

We may have the money to spend but there's no talent to spend it on

Delboy

First Grade
What will be the clubs official statement on this, will O’Neil finally be heard , for a HOF he has been able to escape the media.

PVL and Abdo opened a can of worms with this Nov 1 , 18 months before contract expiry idea. Confirms that they don’t understand the supporters attitude, again NRL HQ miss the target, only concerning themselves with player agents and RLPA.

84 Baby

Referee
Nobody knows what the future holds, this might turn out not to be such a big deal in the grander scheme of things but I must say I haven't been this disappointed to lose one of our players for a long, long time. Certainly none come to mind in the recent past.
Hayne the first time and Judas having his tanty are possibly the only ones that top it for mine

Stevie

Bench
I am actually devoed. I really really liked him but also think he is a quality human.
I cannot believe we lost a spine player of his calibre at his age for 600k. If we win the comp in 2022 then fine, but I don’t think we will. What a downer.

84 Baby

Referee
Whilst it’s great we turn nobodies into millionaires, I’d prefer to win a comp then be a breeding ground for other teams

eels_fan

First Grade
Losing Reed is a massive kick in the guts, the rumours had been around but I was hoping it was just media noise.

he’s our best hooker in over a decade, rep quality.

There is no one else in the market - Brandon Smith is commanding $1m so we won’t entertain that.

I’d have rather we cut Gutho to swing Mahoney an extra $100k but no doubt Ayoub was playing both sides

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The most disappointing aspect is he left for a reported $600k, the retention co surely wouId know that’s a pretty decent figure for an origin level hooker!!

the only reason I can think off not offering that amount is it reduce Sam’s influence at the club!

pazzaeel

Juniors
PVL and Abdo opened a can of worms with this Nov 1 , 18 months before contract expiry idea. Confirms that they don’t understand the supporters attitude, again NRL HQ miss the target, only concerning themselves with player agents and RLPA.

dont think we can blame the NRL for our abysmal management. we have been shithouse in the management and football department for some time now.

losing Papa and Reed in one week is extermely frutrating as a supporter. hopefully there is some good news on the way - unfortunately (IMO) the retention of Guth and Junior will not make up for the loss of the 2 aforementioned players.

Incorrect

Coach
Hayne the first time and Judas having his tanty are possibly the only ones that top it for mine
Strangely enough I didn't care that much when Hayne left at end of 2014. Maybe because we still hadn't played Finals footy and were still a long way from a premiership.

With Rheed f**king off, I feel like unless we jag it in 2022, the window we had for the next 3-4 years is now firmly shut. If we had kept Ice and Mahoney I'd have been a lot more confident we could push in the next few years. As it stands, 2022 is last chance saloon for a while IMO. And even 2022 could go pear shaped as these things often do when players know their team is being split apart in the near future.b

IFR33K

Coach
Losing Reed is a massive kick in the guts, the rumours had been around but I was hoping it was just media noise.

he’s our best hooker in over a decade, rep quality.

There is no one else in the market - Brandon Smith is commanding $1m so we won’t entertain that.

I’d have rather we cut Gutho to swing Mahoney an extra $100k but no doubt Ayoub was playing both sides

Once again Gutho gets what he wants. I have no doubt we were the highest bidders. Who prioritized signing Gutho ahead of reed? I thought it was a no brainer. I guess the BA/Gutho bond is an unbreakable one. Smh

yy_cheng

Coach
like someone mentioned before, $600k for 4 years is actually cheap for Rheed as he'll probably be worth more in those last 2 years

Latest posts