What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Pezz70

Juniors
I view the Papa signing as one of these type of signings.
If he brings 2021 form to the Tigers in 2023 he will be the buy of the season for sure, definitely got potential and I think the Tigers got the pricing pretty much right on this one. I think our forward pack has massive potential, cultivating an insatiable desire for victory is what we need to do, turn those big boys into assassins

Luciano is a loss, but for what he’s asking he either needs to play flatter or trim down and get nimbler. A guy with his size and speed is almost impossible to stop for a smaller half, yet he almost never runs a flat line at a halfback, seems more concerned with trying to ball play and be another half. Between him and IP I think we’ve got the better player.

WA Tiger

Bench
From Luch's point of view, Good on him. He got confidence at WT for whatever reason, his game lifted and at times looked like and believed he is a top-tier player. Not the very top but one step down.

When selling anything you just need someone wanting to part with what you ask for. And if the product has some very good points there's usually someone somewhere that will.

Good post

Must admit I had never heard of Hamiso, but just checked his club stats, they are pretty good and only a youngster who could develop into a good urn?
Tigerm, remember the game v Cowboys this year when the Tigers were going to honour Tom Raudonikis at Leichhardt?

Watch the 1st try

Vic Mackey

Referee
Vic, I'm interested in why you think he'd be good for us? Please don't take this as a criticism, as maybe I've missed something you see. 4 years ago I'd have thrown the house at him. Since then he's done 2 knees, & IMO looks considerably off the pace of the modern game.

Canberra fans biggest issue with him is he's lost his speed & no longer causes the defence to second guess themselves & he gives slow service, as he looks to explore before passing. However with his loss in speed this is no longer effective.

He certainly isn’t what he was 5 or even 2 years ago. I’d say my wanting him here says more about my faith in our current hookers and spine overall then anything else.

Our likely Round 1 spine:

1. Laurie - great first year, hope he can back it up
6. Hastings - i have hopes for him but been in ESL for 3 years
7. Brooks - ...
9. Liddle/Simpkin - Lids was my most disappointing player in 2021. Poor service and his running game wasnt what it was. Jake looks more likley but could do with a full season playing nsw cup and a bit of NRL here and there

Thats an absolute bottom 3/4 spine with little direction or experience. A guy like Hodgson could play the main controller and also a kicking option close to the line. That would then let the other 3 play their natural game and hopefully not suck too much.

He is also a big talker on the field which without Doueihi we sorely lack. Tamou is captain for some reason but seems to be a mute on the field, same as Brooks.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

The Rosco

Bench
They are going to be even more butthurt now that Reed Mahoney has signed with the Doggies. Or is he now also one from the reject bin, LOL?
Lololol. LOLOLOLOL.
Yeah, for sure Mahoney is over-rated. Those stupid head doggies are digging in the Parra reject bin with their poo-poo head mates the WT.
If you look at his 2021 games closely, he misses at least one tackle per game. Parra don't tolerate such misgivings in their top tier systems, and those idiots at the dogs have paid WAY overs for him.
Parra don't do stupid things like that.
They offer realistic money and the attraction to play at a club that hasn't been able to spell GF for 35 years.
Reed is over-rated, he is not the type of player that Parra want.
And besides, the Parra production line of optimum junior talent will surely have 2 or 3 Mahoney's, at least 4 IP's and a few Niukora's as well . . . all ready to play top flight league next year.
That's the Parra way.
Put it another way . . . . of their big "stars", the 2 most loyal are Moses and Flatterson. Think about it.
And slightly off topic . . . . those bozo's on the Parra forum are convincing themselves that Stefano is coming back to them. Dear God NO.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
I also read in the article that it wasn't a Madge thing more of a Pascoe one. This bloke just screams of unprofessional. Seems to be hard to negotiate with. Not saying Luc is worth what he is getting but ignoring it completely is a bit slack.
I don’t agree. Players need to learn that if they pick a shit human being to be their manager then that will have consequences.

Fordy20

Juniors
Remind me, what did Tartak / Saab do. I recall Saab was on WT radar before he signed with Manly.
Tartak guaranteed that he’d secured a release for Saab to come to us and all we need to do to accommodate it was release Thompson to the Titans. Saab is now at Manly, Thompson is at the Titans so we were without a good winger and very decent fullback.

We managed to get Kepaoa as a stop gap for the wing, but the gap it left didn’t get resolved until we signed Maumalo, almost 12 months later.

I sincerely doubt after that debacle and example provided by the Panthers, that the club will succumb to the kind of pressure applied by merkins like Moses, Matterson and Aloiai.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Tartak guaranteed that he’d secured a release for Saab to come to us and all we need to do to accommodate it was release Thompson to the Titans. Saab is now at Manly, Thompson is at the Titans so we were without a good winger and very decent fullback.

We managed to get Kepaoa as a stop gap for the wing, but the gap it left didn’t get resolved until we signed Maumalo, almost 12 months later.

I sincerely doubt after that debacle and example provided by the Panthers, that the club will succumb to the kind of pressure applied by merkins like Moses, Matterson and Aloiai.
Thanks. its coming back now.

Shredder

Juniors
Im a little disappointed that Luch is gone. Just a little. I liked the idea of him a ij in the backrow for us. But 500k was my price.

If a club even more desperate than ours wants to pay more good luck to him. He's not a marque back row and will hate the pressure on him up there though.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have no ill feelings towards Luciano for taking a huge offer elsewhere. I would have liked to keep him for a number of reasons but that's the way it goes in NRL.

If he throws a Matterson then it's another story. I'd really like a player to just rip into their final year and go out with a bang