What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Panthers should take Thompson off the dogs next year.. Wouldn't mind him at prop next to Fish move Leota back to the bench for impact and try turn Spencer into a big edge running hard running backrower 🤤

kinghippo

Juniors
Panthers should take Thompson off the dogs next year.. Wouldn't mind him at prop next to Fish move Leota back to the bench for impact and try turn Spencer into a big edge running hard running backrower 🤤
Thompson is a good option, but he is on some big $$$.
The dogs would need to be paying for more than half his wage.
I also thinks it's important we give Spencer big minutes. He hasn't had a real chance to establish himself, getting 15 minutes a match.
It's a balancing act, if we bring in a first grade player the kids who are ready to step up get left behind and look elsewhere.

Top3 hooker hey?.. behind B.Smith, Api, Cook and H.Grant... pawwa couldn't stay top4 by seasons end, top 3 hooker.. please.

I'd even put ben hunt above him and he's only a part timer

Your pawwa bias is showing again
I’m with Hindy; I think Rheed is a gun.

Cook no longer the player he was and Grant is best suited as a bench player at this stage of his career.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Wonder if one day clubs will only have 20 contracted players with a few real development guys(ie under 20 say). There will be 2 new teams, 60 players needed in 3-4 years, imagine salary cap pressure and the effect on junior nurseries.

The Realist

Juniors
Least of his worries. Any coach worth his salt will be doing everything to address those sort of issues. I have no doubt with the depth of players the Bulldogs have brought in they will be a serious challenger in 2022.

They will definitely be far better in 2022 but not yet a real challenger.

2023-2024 are their years to take a true strike at the Premiership.

The Realist

Juniors
Bulldogs Grand Final appearance's ending in 4
1974 Loss.

1984 Won 1994 Lost.

2004 Won
2014 Lost
2024 ???
2004 still burns me. We should have won that semi final but for some reason we refused to bomb their short arse wingers when we had Rooney and Lewis up against them. I think we’d have had the Chooks covered in that GF. We would have had a mini dynasty as well…what could have been.