What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
My brother isnt as passionate parra fan as me but still supports them.

I said it will never happen but he reckons Parramatta should just grow some balls and offer a big fish in Munster a contract he cant refuse around 1.3 to 1.4 million a year along with no alcohol ban.

He may be a grub but he is a winner with a care free attitude.

Would compliant Moses well with his running game

Forget the go home factor just get in his managers ear everyweek players follows the $ these days anyway.

My brother said the roosters would try it and if you dont ask the question how do you ever know. Just dont assume he wants to go back to QLD. Make him not want to go to QLD

hindy111

Post Whore
Guys are seriously over rating these players.

Papali'i is our biggest loss. A machine and a heart of a lion.

Marata is not a dynamic second rower. And at prop he is hardly in the Jnr of RCG class.

If Kafusi steps up next season remembering he wasn't part of our best 17 then one of these guys role is filled.

We than have Greig and Hollis who both have the potential to take the other spot. Problem with people crying is they do not know what the coaching staff think of these two. They are watching them in gym and can see their power, fitness and strength. If they are matching the others BA will know he can give them their roles.

Hooker is harder to fill. But again Rheed is not a superstar. He is however very good. But he will always be small and his goal line defense will always be a weaker point. He also now has had a shoulder reco. I'm unsure how serious these are. But he has to pass the ball how many times a game and tackle 40+

hindy111

Post Whore
They are having to plug the gaps in the grande marquee with kids who are significantly underdone.

It’s still a cocktail and no one knows whether it will result in anti-freeze.

But credit to the bulldogs for assembling what appears to be a competitive side.

If you club wants to get going.
Burton has a player option for 2024. Offer him 1.1. And try and sign Amoti from the Dogs.

If you club wants to get going.
Burton has a player option for 2024. Offer him 1.1. And try and sign Amoti from the Dogs.

I love my Burto too. I think he’s in 700 territory at least.

Apparently Lucy left because he was outraged we signed paps on sub marquee money.

But we all need to find out how bunnies secured Murray for $650k and copy that approach.

Or all teams collude and tell players $700 is max. A slush fund for agents to keep them happy and stop the rampant extortion and tricks.

The eels side is being gutted and Bea has been inching closer. So it’s a shame.

On the average though, our wt churn is about a quarter of the squad per season.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I think we already look weak and amateurish tbh.

Its a shame because the club has done a lot hard work since Max donnelly took over to change the image and overhauling of the goverence of the club.

Unfortunately all that hard work looks like being pissed away atm as we look like a baaketcase again being run by people who don't know what there doing
TBH I can't believe that since the current Board came in way back in 2018 we have only managed to jag a semi-final spot 3 years out of 3. I mean what other basket case club being run by people who don't know that they are doing has performed as badly as us?

We should definitely revert back to a Board filled with self-serving factional directors who have their snouts in the trough and who put former-footballers on the board with them as their puppets so we can enjoy making the semis twice in 10 years.

Glenneel

Bench
Melbourne have a number of elite level players in important positions, which means that any loss of other players is not going to impact on them as much as it will with us.
Melbourne have a well established system of recruitment and retention, (along with a long history of winning, which can influence players to sign with them for slightly less, and/or be prepared to stay with them for slightly less). Then, of course there's the opportunity to be coached by Craig Bellamy. Parramatta doesn't have any of those things. We don't have any elite level players, so losing Niuikorai, Papalii, and Mahoney is a far more serious blow to us than Melbourne losing the players you mentioned. We might be on our way to becoming more like Melbourne, I don't know, but when Melbourne lose (and replace) players, it looks like a far more measured and thought-out process. With us it appears more random. Personally, I do think Mahoney is replaceable, but losing those two forwards will hurt us big time. I get the feeling we were blind-sided over Mahoney, and should have offered the other two more money. But that's just my opinion.
Different team, different story, or is it a different perception?
Storm have lost 3 very good players in Finucine, Haynes and JAC and only replaced JAC with probably a better player, plus have ageing props, so imo will be far weaker next year. Additionally after having such a great season they failed big time in the finals (not mentioned in the papers like Parra would have been if it was us) and not even making the g/f. Imo their retention is just as shitty, if not more so, as us as they have lost nearly every player off contract whereas we have lost 4 (very good) players out of 10 or so.

TheRam

Coach
In a sense Mahoney's departure is kind of Gutho's fault, because he pissed around and took so long mid-season before only recently re-signing. In theory we could have had these guys locked up before Gus was even at Canterbury if Gutho showed some f**king common sense and loyalty earlier on.

So what you are saying is our club retention committee can't chew gum and walk at the same time.

Delboy

First Grade
Storm have lost 3 very good players in Finucine, Haynes and JAC and only replaced JAC with probably a better player, plus have ageing props, so imo will be far weaker next year. Additionally after having such a great season they failed big time in the finals (not mentioned in the papers like Parra would have been if it was us) and not even making the g/f. Imo their retention is just as shitty, if not more so, as us as they have lost nearly every player off contract whereas we have lost 4 (very good) players out of 10 or so.
True, we concentrate on the club we are passionate about, and the Storm are a Melbourne based team where anything they do is a complete afterthought from journos down there.

We see click bait suggesting that Eels players coming off contract are being looked at by other clubs, and as a headline. Forgetting that all players with expiring contracrs are hawked around to every club by their manager. Doubt that is ever questioned in whatever the newspaper is in Melbourne, maybe 6 pages in from the back sports page, certainly was any time I worked in Bleak City.

lucablight

First Grade
I think Parra fans would be a lot more forgiving if we’d tasted the level of success Melbourne has had in the last decade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Face it, our club is shit.

Despite so many examples of clubs losing players, none of them have managed to do it in the exact same circumstances as we have. So their shitness isn't shit.
Yep. The more detail you look at in any situation the more unique the situation becomes, and the more difficult it is to compare any two situations. In data science this is called overfitting. Did you know that no team has ever made the finals after losing a player named Reed?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But how can you tell which player is motivated only by money ?
Let me guess . . . the ones that leave your club are only motivated by $$$, and the ones that join your club are motivated by some higher cause ?
Well when we were shit they joined us for money but now that we're on the rise they join us for opportunity to improve their game. Case in point is Papali'i.

TheRam

Coach
He has only done this job once before and he messed that place up. As soon as they sacked him they were good.

Mate if you don't think he was running the show and had his fingers on everything at all the clubs he was coaching or associated with you are delusional.