What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

jk13

First Grade
The look after me for life comment gave me the shits. But I reckon he’s milking the roosters to match the dolphins

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who's the boss?
Tony Danza 80S GIF

Glenneel

Bench
Contrary to many on here, I reckon Jake has a bright future ahead of him.

But he needs to get used to the speed of First Grade, and hit the weights.

Still - he's only 19. Plenty of time to develop.

But what I saw from this year, I saw a player with a good football brain, some athleticism, and a decent kicking game.

Give him a year, or two, and let's see where he is at.
Seems all arms and legs atm but will grow into his body. I can see in the future he'll probably end up as a skilful edge forward.

TheRam

Coach
So what about all the off contract Storm players who weren't in a hurry to re-sign in April or May? Why is it only stupid when our club can't get players to sign for unders six months before they're free to test the market?

Again we can't compare ourselves to the storm other then to try and emulate their success.

They have been a winning club since their inception and have the best coach in the business and probably the best football manager in the business too. They can and do whatever they feel is the best for them at the time. They can afford to because players do play there for more then just money. Sure they lose plenty, but only when they don't have them as their priority must keep players.

When was the last time they lost a spine player of note that they didn't have an equal one to replace him with? Also only their two halves are in the top 25 paid players list. I find that remarkable considering the strength of that roster. I mean the three front rowers are at least worth $700k each on the open market, but they opted to stay there obviously on unders. Their fullback could easily get $700K on the open market. Their centre could easily get 700K on the open market. Their hooker could get about that too on the open market. But they are all there. Some have been there and re-signed just recently for what any reasonable judge would say is unders from what they could get if they went to market and a media circus auction took place. But they opt to stay put for less.

Cronk doesn't count for the obvious reason of loving someone in Sydney and being very close to retirement at the time.

Never compare us to the Storm mate other then to point out where we are going wrong or what we can do better.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Seems all arms and legs atm but will grow into his body. I can see in the future he'll probably end up as a skilful edge forward.

Absolutely.

I do not think he will end up in the halves - he will likely be too big.

However, he could end up a similar player to Ryan Matterson, which is pretty good, imo.

Latest posts