What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the most over-rated player in the NRL?

_snafu_

Immortal
I certainly don't think Rein is up to SOO level like some commentators think. He can't play 80 minutes, throws badly directed passes and makes ineffective tackles allowing the opposition attack to get a roll on.

To be fair to Rein, he had his best season in 2015 and hopefully he improves further in 2016.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Sam Burgess should win this in a landslide.

Even as a souths fan I'd agree with that.
He is talked up as our most important and influential player and as a game winner for Souths, but that player is greg Inglis. Sam is a great forward, but to say he is far and away better then other middle forwards like james graham, jwh, bromwich, scott or before he left sbw is overrating him.

LESStar58

Referee
In the NRL I tend to agree, lots of wraps, but for me he's not stood up in too many big games - that said, he's still young and a big talent

Pretty much the reason I don't rate him. Far too inconsistent despite the media kissing his ass.

beave

Coach
Have to agree with Aussie Jim being overrated .
Well up until SOO finished .
He went back to the cows & his form was very good for the rest of the season ...especially the finals .

Trouble is he will probably go back to putting in a half hearted effort for most of next season .
I see a difference between overating a young up & comer & someone who has had yrs in top grade .

The up & comer is usually rated on their UN 20 form or flashes of brilliance in top grade .
That's fair enough ..it's looking at what they can potentially do .

Blokes like Tamou shit people off because they have the ability they've shown how good they can be ..they just don't bother giving 100% every week .
Jesus he went a few seasons doing very little .
To me He's not overrated ..he's just lazy

This.

Aussie Jim could be anything if he put his head into it. But it's a big head and needs a lot of motivation. He has been over rated for 3-4 years, is best month or 2 in this period was the backend of 2015. If he left us, we have a few lads that could very easily replace him (Hannant, Bolton) infact these 2 guys were hugley important to us in 15, Bolton is an unsung hero for NQ

Dav0c

Juniors
Pretty much the reason I don't rate him. Far too inconsistent despite the media kissing his ass.

See all I ever hear is how inconsistent he is yet people still say it like it's a new opinion. I'm sure 90% of fans don't even watch warriors games unless it's against their team so they just go from what they've heard. Johnson was in great form last year up until his injury.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
See all I ever hear is how inconsistent he is yet people still say it like it's a new opinion. I'm sure 90% of fans don't even watch warriors games unless it's against their team so they just go from what they've heard. Johnson was in great form last year up until his injury.

Pretty much this. The media/commentators/fans are always banging the "inconsistent" drum so really not sure how he can be over rated based on inconsistency when that's exactly how he's rated.

Saying he's inconsistent is not a revelation or new thought.

Matua

Bench
I watch every Warriors game, every week, and Johnson is overrated. He's too inconsistent to be the guy they're making him out to be.

Johnson was in average form most of last season aside from the ANZAC test where the forwards laid the best platform possible, and he was leaving most of the work to Chad Townsend (this may be the coach's fault TBF) in Warriors matches.

Maybe he'll become a dominant player, worthy of the raps given him, he certainly has the talent, but he isn't near there yet.

Dav0c

Juniors
I watch every Warriors game, every week, and Johnson is overrated. He's too inconsistent to be the guy they're making him out to be.

Johnson was in average form most of last season aside from the ANZAC test where the forwards laid the best platform possible, and he was leaving most of the work to Chad Townsend (this may be the coach's fault TBF) in Warriors matches.

Maybe he'll become a dominant player, worthy of the raps given him, he certainly has the talent, but he isn't near there yet.

When he's firing he's one of the best players in the game. Unless you are willing to argue that then I don't see how he can be considered 'overrated' as he has always been labeled inconsistent. :?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I feel like you could say that about a few of their signings
That's always the case with clubs who don't have a successful culture. They have to sign players on overs and ones who have gone well at successful clubs, but will battle in less than ideal environments.

For example, Isaiah Papalii will probably be in this thread as a Tiger. Adam Blair was a superstar at Melbourne, OK at the Broncos, then a bum at the Tigers and Warriors and regularly in this thread.