What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Interesting that the club has come out and denied ever approaching Brandon Smith. I would’ve thought it’d benefit the club in their negotiations with Api.

Original Name

Juniors
Granville has been past it for several years. I was surprised they re-signed him. Then I remembered why. The idiots running the club.
He was good this year playing different positions. Just been very bad at starting hooker. Looks quicker and better as a bench hooker when played there.

roofromoz

First Grade
Yeah i dont see why anyone cares about this. Its PPE to stop getting alcohol in their eyes while celebrating.

It will become more common and become normal. Storm just appear to be the first NRL team to do it.

Yeah, the goggles thing itself was fine. It was Smith's carry on (whilst wearing the goggles) that pissed off the boys. Provided some great motivation for the preliminary.

Sounds like Smiths been talking himself up. Little embarrassing for him to have his comments corrected by the club. Cheers Cheese

Seems quite possible to me the club would’ve at least made an informal approach to Smith. The Roosters and the Storm are chasing him, why wouldn’t we?

Iamback

Coach
Wether you agree or not, May’s firing was related to his earlier conviction, especially for the sponsors. You just can’t seperate the two things In the public’s mind.

Which is my point with Smith. Is off side with the playing group due to bagging out Mt Druitt.
The same area those Sponsors come from. On a suspension for taking drugs.

Then you have team morale. May was popular is suddenly gone. Rumoured to add someone unliked.

I see why they would hose it down

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think it all comes down to vaccination. Looks to me like they aren’t prepared to sign him unless he gets vaccinated, and it’s taken him this long to decide, so there must be serious doubts.

I agree. I don't think the club is willing for Api to re-sign whilst remaining unvaccinated.

It would mean Api not being able to travel with the team when they play out of the state.

Outside of playing Api would also face other restrictions.

I don't think the club are willing to go there, by having an unvaccinated player on their books.

The_Frog

First Grade
Which is my point with Smith. Is off side with the playing group due to bagging out Mt Druitt.
The same area those Sponsors come from. On a suspension for taking drugs.

Then you have team morale. May was popular is suddenly gone. Rumoured to add someone unliked.

I see why they would hose it down
I see also why they wouldn't be interested. This is a million dollar player, or close to it. Absolutely the opposite to how Panthers operates these days. Signing players like this would foreshadow a trip south on the table in my view. Not so sure that won't happen at the Roosters either.

The first option would be to make a first grade dummy half out of Mitch Kenny. It's not too late.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I see also why they wouldn't be interested. This is a million dollar player, or close to it. Absolutely the opposite to how Panthers operates these days. Signing players like this would foreshadow a trip south on the table in my view. Not so sure that won't happen at the Roosters either.

The first option would be to make a first grade dummy half out of Mitch Kenny. It's not too late.
Kenny will never be a starting 9. He rips in but he's a few levels below that