What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

84 Baby

Referee
So here I was on news.com reading an article about this Guiness record holder, super tall teenager. Not a particularly interesting article, just mainly about that he’s really really tall, then at the end there’s some of his Insta feed with photos.
Good choice news

Gronk

Staff member
So here I was on news.com reading an article about this Guiness record holder, super tall teenager. Not a particularly interesting article, just mainly about that he’s really really tall, then at the end there’s some of his Insta feed with photos.
Good choice news
Coincidence.

41754876-9470319-image-a-68_1618414921706.jpg

1638221681107.png

Bandwagon

Staff member
Election coming then?

Well it's gotta be by May, so yeah.

Best bets are May following March early budget ( Parliamentary sitting days ( lack of )) strongly indicate this.

Or maybe March, on account of things are really falling apart and that's realistically the earliest feasible date.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^ the ranking is irrelevant Albo. It's the average speed and reliability that is under the microscope.

I can't see anywhere a number which is deemed appropriate for AU. Until I know that number, it's like comparing a Bugatti with a Falcon. I'm sure that all Australians want and need is for "fast" reliable broadband which has the capacity for a wide pipe when required.

Professor Tucker also rejected the NBN Co's arguments, observing that Ookla's data was "remarkably consistent".

"[It] provides a direct measure of the quality of service provided to those who do have broadband, wherever they are," he said.

"The fact that Australia has a poor broadband ranking and Australia's mean and median speeds are well below the world average is a direct indication that Australia's broadband services are not up to world standards."

Professor Tucker added that Australia was a "highly urbanised country", making its population and geographic conditions "ideal for the rollout of high-quality broadband".

1638394221203.png