What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

ground zero

Juniors
Not including the designated car parks for each unit, there are over extra 700 car spaces for the leagues club and shopping centre alone.................... As for noise complaints/game day - what has changed? Plus its a clause in the purchase agreements and most of the sales have been to shire locals who more likely support the team. Another ill informed comment.
I'm sure coles an woolies whoever will have security at there carparks on game day an turn fans away from parking in there precincts. Happens all the time at other venues near shopping centres. So no sharks will not be getting any special treatment from Coles woolies etc.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Not including the designated car parks for each unit, there are over extra 700 car spaces for the leagues club and shopping centre alone.................... As for noise complaints/game day - what has changed? Plus its a clause in the purchase agreements and most of the sales have been to shire locals who more likely support the team. Another ill informed comment.
Whenever it's anything to do with Cronulla, mentally challenged opposition fans flap their gums for their two bobs worth of bile.

yadamisha

Juniors
I'm sure coles an woolies whoever will have security at there carparks on game day an turn fans away from parking in there precincts. Happens all the time at other venues near shopping centres. So no sharks will not be getting any special treatment from Coles woolies etc.
Again you are showing your ignorance, its a condition of being a tenant in the centre (Coles isn't) that the car park is available for game day use - they have no control over that!

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
From a personal stand point id planned to start attending the GF every year (reside in Brisbane) after they announced the original redevelopment plans of ANZ. if that plan gets replaced with a roof but no improvement to the rest of the stadium I definitely wont be coming down and dropping 5k in to the NSW economy, ill just watch it from home. just one persons feedback I know but if you don't invest in decent infrastructure you wont get people willing to spend to attend these major fixtures. ANZ needs to be reconfigured to a purpose built rectangular stadium.

ground zero

Juniors
Again you are showing your ignorance, its a condition of being a tenant in the centre (Coles isn't) that the car park is available for game day use - they have no control over that!
Ah you got to read the contract between the anchored tenant . I'm almost certain they will not have carparking an no customers for 3 hours every 2nd weekend just for a football game. Playing with the big boys when you wanna play with coles or woolies. I know who will win that battle. An it wont be the sharks. Sharks will be looking for another home ground when sh:t hits the fan real quick.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What do we think the plan for Leichardt would be? Cant see them spending squillions for three games a year, unless Tigers plan to ditch WSS and move more games back there? I suppose in theory if its capacity ups over 20k with at least 12k undercover seats and decent corporate facilities they could move back there for 7 or 8 games? Its very unambitious and very RL but that's tribalism for you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
From a personal stand point id planned to start attending the GF every year (reside in Brisbane) after they announced the original redevelopment plans of ANZ. if that plan gets replaced with a roof but no improvement to the rest of the stadium I definitely wont be coming down and dropping 5k in to the NSW economy, ill just watch it from home. just one persons feedback I know but if you don't invest in decent infrastructure you wont get people willing to spend to attend these major fixtures. ANZ needs to be reconfigured to a purpose built rectangular stadium.
Of all the stupid decisions that will come out of this botched NSW stadium strategy that will probably be the worse. Having said that I think a total rebuild for a 70-80k new national stadium should be on the cards with State and Feds covering half each. When you look at some of the new stadiums in Europe and USA ANZ is already so outdated and inappropriate its not funny. For Australia not to have a large state of the art rectangular stadium is a national embarrassment. There are at least 3 state of the art oval ones, time for a rectangular one!

Mind you it doesnt help that the NRL changes its mind with every new leader to come along! Smith wanted centralised stadiums, Greenberg wanted a new or seriously refurbished ANZ and Vlad wants lipstick slapping on suburban grounds. No wonder the NSW govt doesnt know what its doing lol.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don’t know exactly but the sharks played at least 2 seasons at home with stage 1 appartments next door already complete. There is more concern of golf balls or plane noise than football crowd noise.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t know exactly but the sharks played at least 2 seasons at home with stage 1 appartments next door already complete. There is more concern of golf balls or plane noise than football crowd noise.
Do residents get discounted tickets? When the built Optus they gave the apartment dwellers near by concessions to keep them happy like cheap tickets to events.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Ah you got to read the contract between the anchored tenant . I'm almost certain they will not have carparking an no customers for 3 hours every 2nd weekend just for a football game. Playing with the big boys when you wanna play with coles or woolies. I know who will win that battle. An it wont be the sharks. Sharks will be looking for another home ground when sh:t hits the fan real quick.
I can personally guarantee you that 1 of the 2 big grocery stores in the centre are not demanding any such guarantee. You can speculate about which it is I’m referring too and it’s not coles. They aren’t a tenant.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Do residents get discounted tickets? When the built Optus they gave the apartment dwellers near by concessions to keep them happy like cheap tickets to events.
Not that I’m aware of. The transparency around the ground being next door was enough for residents to make their own big boy/girl decisions.

Croz Au

Juniors
I’ll agree with Ozzi on this one also.

I do recall the another retailer going in as they had their details on some signs as part of the building permit (who isn’t coles or part of that group )

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I wonder what the buy and live percentage was vs the investment purchaser from overseas that rent them out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder what the buy and live percentage was vs the investment purchaser from overseas that rent them out.
If its anything like Perth it'll mostly be investors! Sadly these developments tend to get priced beyond the home buyer and its a safe investment for overseas rich people.

TheRam

Coach
Of all the stupid decisions that will come out of this botched NSW stadium strategy that will probably be the worse. Having said that I think a total rebuild for a 70-80k new national stadium should be on the cards with State and Feds covering half each. When you look at some of the new stadiums in Europe and USA ANZ is already so outdated and inappropriate its not funny. For Australia not to have a large state of the art rectangular stadium is a national embarrassment. There are at least 3 state of the art oval ones, time for a rectangular one!

Mind you it doesnt help that the NRL changes its mind with every new leader to come along! Smith wanted centralised stadiums, Greenberg wanted a new or seriously refurbished ANZ and Vlad wants lipstick slapping on suburban grounds. No wonder the NSW govt doesnt know what its doing lol.

I don't think Governments need the NRL to help with that.

yadamisha

Juniors
No but it is not a secret. Woolworths, Aldi and Dan Murphy's all agreed to these conditions when they signed up! Have a chat to the developers you might learn something. Most of their traffic will be locals in the units anyway, won't be a huge issue.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Whenever it's anything to do with Cronulla, mentally challenged opposition fans flap their gums for their two bobs worth of bile.
Just a pissed off Goons fan whose club has missed the boat yet again. As if they were ever going to upgrade a ground that is only used 6 times a year max. More chance of getting the gong updated when Gordon bails them out next time and they move full time down there. (Bar a token derby at Kogarah)

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Just a pissed off Goons fan whose club has missed the boat yet again. As if they were ever going to upgrade a ground that is only used 6 times a year max. More chance of getting the gong updated when Gordon bails them out next time and they move full time down there. (Bar a token derby at Kogarah)
Pretty much.

Now that the SFS is almost finished Kogarah will be an even bigger white elephant than it already is once Sydney FC move back to Moore Park.

Last edited: