What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

qld redvee

Juniors
Yes mojo it is great . The passion here on the forum is almost infectious , we all have have our ‘ wish ‘ teams that will certainly need some adjustments made to them , but if the enthusiasm here is matched by all Dragon fans out there , then WIN stadium and Kogarah will both have good home crowds to support the boys in Red and White this season . 🐉
Gareth -- would love to see on tv a packed jubilee & win with the dragon army jersey in pride of place.. then we can get the boys firing up with the crowd behind them .... Fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thebigredv

First Grade
Its good to read that Griffin is giving Sloan and Ramsey praise and that they are both getting heavier which is what they both need to put on weight and muscle. At the end of the day, one will be the winner of the fullback spot full-time, so it will be as Griffin says - to "duke it out".

Mbye can cover the full back spot as well quite OK, like he did at the Tigers so there are other options if needed.

If Sloane and Ramsey are duking it out for the 1 jersey then things are in pretty good shape in that department. It's Sloane's position to lose if you ask me.

Dragon David

First Grade
If Sloane and Ramsey are duking it out for the 1 jersey then things are in pretty good shape in that department. It's Sloane's position to lose if you ask me.
Just thinking about last season and how Sloan scored 6 tries in 5 games and I know Ramsey was injured a few games at the end but when he played, he didn't show me much. Also when Ramsey had a go at full back he didn't do enough to oust Dufty. Hook already knows where he will play the two and I'm sure it will be Sloan at full back. I'd like to see Ramsey play a full game in the trials and see if he has improved in breaking a tackle, taking several high balls and finishing off scoring on the wing.

The big thing for next season is the defence of the Dragons. The players must improve greatly in defence to be successful.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth -- would love to see on tv a packed jubilee & win with the dragon army jersey in pride of place.. then we can get the boys firing up with the crowd behind them .... Fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes that would be a sight qld redvee , the Dragons would play far better when they have a big home crowd cheering them on .

Mojo

Bench
Just thinking about last season and how Sloan scored 6 tries in 5 games and I know Ramsey was injured a few games at the end but when he played, he didn't show me much. Also when Ramsey had a go at full back he didn't do enough to oust Dufty. Hook already knows where he will play the two and I'm sure it will be Sloan at full back. I'd like to see Ramsey play a full game in the trials and see if he has improved in breaking a tackle, taking several high balls and finishing off scoring on the wing.

The big thing for next season is the defence of the Dragons. The players must improve greatly in defence to be successful.
100% agree.

hewi

Bench
I liked the way McGregor eased players into first grade. Put them on in the 77th minute when we’re down by 30.

Undoubtedly he was a trend setting coach coming up with new ideas and ways to do things that other mere mortal coaches like Bellamy, Bennett etc will follow. It is plainly obvious that Parramatta are ahead of the game and taken this shining light onto their coaching staff before he was nabbed by another club.

Yow

Juniors
Yes mojo it is great . The passion here on the forum is almost infectious , we all have have our ‘ wish ‘ teams that will certainly need some adjustments made to them , but if the enthusiasm here is matched by all Dragon fans out there , then WIN stadium and Kogarah will both have good home crowds to support the boys in Red and White this season . 🐉
Yes get to our games and get behind the boys will be at sunny coast for round 1 and flying down to Sydney for a couple of games lets pack Kogarah and Win

Dragon David

First Grade
A very lot can be and a very lot has been said about Mary's ways with his coaching methods and we certainly know his pitfalls and end result as far as his coaching career at the Dragons went.

Looking at the highlights of Jai Field in lower grades during his time at the Dragons, I thought that we had a beauty for a 5/8th to take over from Widdop, but somehow Field just did not come on and it could be said that several of the other "young guns" we had did not as well. Just goes to show that highlights in some cases do not justify signing up the youngsters. In saying this though, while these players show natural ability, they definitely needed finer tuning by an astute coaching staff which at the time we didn't have.

Hopefully the current crop of "young guns" will get this finer tuning and become champions for us.

After watching some of the highlights of Field, I looked at the highlights of Dufty. Boy, am I going to miss his attacking skills - albeit mainly at our home grounds as he wasn't much chop on other grounds.

Rod Coil

Juniors
A very lot can be and a very lot has been said about Mary's ways with his coaching methods and we certainly know his pitfalls and end result as far as his coaching career at the Dragons went.

Looking at the highlights of Jai Field in lower grades during his time at the Dragons, I thought that we had a beauty for a 5/8th to take over from Widdop, but somehow Field just did not come on and it could be said that several of the other "young guns" we had did not as well. Just goes to show that highlights in some cases do not justify signing up the youngsters. In saying this though, while these players show natural ability, they definitely needed finer tuning by an astute coaching staff which at the time we didn't have.

Hopefully the current crop of "young guns" will get this finer tuning and become champions for us.

After watching some of the highlights of Field, I looked at the highlights of Dufty. Boy, am I going to miss his attacking skills - albeit mainly at our home grounds as he wasn't much chop on other grounds.
Probably had something to do with McFlop telling him to put on as much weight as possible in the off season. Completely destroyed his speed, confidence & career.

Sloan for me; he floats around effortlessly ready to explode. In his time at FB Ramsey looked exhausted and battered. I know this is simplistic but I can't get past that only one looks like he belongs there.

Dragon David

First Grade
Probably had something to do with McFlop telling him to put on as much weight as possible in the off season. Completely destroyed his speed, confidence & career.
Yes you are right Rod. He did put on quite a bit of weight to his detriment. I think Field is back in Australia looking to get back into another NRL Club.

The Word

Juniors
Maybe. But from everything I saw he simply wasn't strong enough to tackle anyone at NRL level. The advice to put on muscle would have been the best chance he would have had at the time to give himself a chance to make the grade.

The same advice has been given to Ramsey, Sloan, Sullivan and Amone this year.

Field's incredible pace would make him a threat in so many different sports. First grade NRL requires a toughness not many other sports can match. Brilliant athlete, no doubt about it. Not sure if NRL was the best option for him.