What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Pantherjim.

Referee
Last I'll say for tonight but some of you are very quick to forget how bad we were before Api came back. Yes the team is better overall but a LOT of that is his doing.

Yeah, I’ll grant you that, but then a lot of our current star players were no where near the form they’re in now back then either.

But at the end of the day, it comes down to investing in the future of the club.

What are the Tigpies paying for Api’s services? 700k? 750k a season?

If they believe that kind of coin is a good investment for 3 years for a 30 year old hooker, lotsaluck to them, but I’m with the Panthers Board and Coaching Staff on this one.

There is a few around that could be decent. Rumours are we offered Api $600k, Kikau $700k

While it didn't get the job done. Having $1.3m left with our roster opens all sorts of options

Options are great, if they’re out there. Right now I don’t see it.

You need to maximise your premiership window, to me we’re letting it slip. If we offered Api 600k we could’ve easily got Mahoney for 650k, instead we’re going to be taking a punt on an untested hooker.

Unless something amazing happens, the recruitment/retention for 2023 onwards is looking poor. No way around it. There just aren’t the players out there that match our salary cap space.

I do remember similar doubts when we lost Tetevano, Mansour and Tamou. That seemed like very big blows at the time.

None of those guys were spine players. Without a decent replacement the loss of Api is huge, people are deluding themselves in here.

I’m fine with not signing Api, but we needed an elite or close to elite replacement, that option doesn’t exist.

Not fazed by Penrith releasing Api beyond 2022 TBH.

1. The Tigpies have signed him for 3 years and he’ll be 30 when he starts pre-season training with them.

2. Api is an anti-vaxer

3. With Kikau’s departure, it will free up cap space for 2023.

4. We also still have Mitch Kenny.

Cap space means nothing when there’s no quality players to sign. Mitch Kenny isn’t a first grade standard hooker.

MugaB

Coach
and yet remains unvaccinated. That is crazy as. No wonder he took it.
So what, he has had allergies before, all this vaxx talk is inconsequential towards contracts 2 years ahead really, its all about can i get a premiership with these guys? Or do they need me and can can a get 3-4 seasons at a higher price elsewhere...
This vaxx thing isn't an issue, there are clubs that take whoever from whereever to get ahead

MugaB

Coach
Cap space means nothing when there’s no quality players to sign. Mitch Kenny isn’t a first grade standard hooker.
He'll do until we get someone else or one of our juniors can take over, have Api till end of 2022, then can spend a season with mitch see how he goes and bring on a lower grader, that way theres a season and a half gap of finding a replacement

mxlegend99

Referee
Amazing how people think everyone from a grand final winning squad is easily replaceable.

We will be a shadow of ourselves in 2023. You cant just replace half a grand final squad and expect to be anywhere near as good.

Unless you're doing it it with superstars which we know we can't. We have a slim chance in 2022 with a still top 4 quality side at full strength. I really fear for our 2023 side though.

Latest posts