What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

He'll do until we get someone else or one of our juniors can take over, have Api till end of 2022, then can spend a season with mitch see how he goes and bring on a lower grader, that way theres a season and a half gap of finding a replacement

Then you can write off 2023 as a potential title year.

We don’t need to spend a season to see how he goes, he’s got no running game and a very average passing game. We know how he’d go right now. Kenny always gives 100%, and thats great, but he’s not an NRL starting hooker.

Last edited:
no but there are options. Who are cheaper and aren't anti vaxxers

There’s always options, but none of them a good. At best there’s some okay prospects. That might be okay if we weren’t in the middle of a premiership window, but 2023 is going to be tough without an elite hooker.

Amazing how people think everyone from a grand final winning squad is easily replaceable.

We will be a shadow of ourselves in 2023. You cant just replace half a grand final squad and expect to be anywhere near as good.

Unless you're doing it it with superstars which we know we can't. We have a slim chance in 2022 with a still top 4 quality side at full strength. I really fear for our 2023 side though.

There’s some much delusion going on.

If there was a top hooker that remained unsigned I’d have a little hope, but there’s no one if that caliber.

DinkyDi

Juniors
So what, he has had allergies before, all this vaxx talk is inconsequential towards contracts 2 years ahead really, its all about can i get a premiership with these guys? Or do they need me and can can a get 3-4 seasons at a higher price elsewhere...
This vaxx thing isn't an issue, there are clubs that take whoever from whereever to get ahead
Adverse reactions happen all of the time. Every products we use to bathe, every food we eat, and every fluids we drink, all contains chemicals, which has the potential to cause adverse reactions. That, in my opinion, is a cop out. It would not surprise me if Api, becomes fully vaccinated before he joins the Tigers.

I really can’t believe people don’t think this hooker situation is a failure when Mahoney only signed with the Bulldogs for 650k. We probably could’ve picked Mahoney up for a little cheaper than the dogs paid, perfect replacement and we don’t need to hope a youngster comes good.

It’s possible a young players bursts on to the scene, but teams in premiership windows shouldn’t gamble on possible for such a key position.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Adverse reactions happen all of the time. Every products we use to bathe, every food we eat, and every fluids we drink, all contains chemicals, which has the potential to cause adverse reactions. That, in my opinion, is a cop out. It would not surprise me if Api, becomes fully vaccinated before he joins the Tigers.

I doubt it. He and his wife were always posting anti vax stuff before their accounts went private on instagram.

Would you be happy with the club paying almost 2 million dollars for 2 season. With Api remaining unvaccinated.

I already answered that. His name is Reed Mahoney.

I said in here weeks ago that they needed to make a move on another quality hooker. This isn’t about Api, this is about the lack of a replacement.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Cap space means nothing when there’s no quality players to sign. Mitch Kenny isn’t a first grade standard hooker.

Maybe not yet, but there’s still one more year for him to spend under Api’s wing.

In any case, as I’ve said: Api will be 30 when he starts pre-season training with the Tigpies in 2023. I don’t believe that 700-750k pa over 3 years is a particularly good investment for a 30 year old dummy half. (I’m starting to sound like a capitalist… I feel dirty!)

Particularly a dummy half who refuses to get vaccinated against Covid-19.

I have no idea how the Tigpies are going to handle this for their interstate/international away games in 2023.

I honestly don’t know how the f*ck we’re supposed to deal with it next year. Mitch Kenny will just have to step up when we play the Broncos, Cowboys, Storm and Warriors away.

Maybe not yet, but there’s still one more year for him to spend under Api’s wing.

In any case, as I’ve said: Api will be 30 when he starts pre-season training with the Tigpies in 2023. I don’t believe that 700-750k pa over 3 years is a particularly good investment for a 30 year old dummy half. (I’m starting to sound like a capitalist… I feel dirty!)

Particularly a dummy half who refuses to get vaccinated against Covid-19.

I have no idea how the Tigpies are going to handle this for their interstate/international away games in 2023.

I honestly don’t know how the f*ck we’re supposed to deal with it next year. Mitch Kenny will just have to step up when we play the Broncos, Cowboys, Storm and Warriors away.

We don’t need to see anymore of Mitch Kenny to know what he’s capable of, he’s not a first grade quality hooker full stop.

DinkyDi

Juniors
What some people are forgetting are these:

1. the spine, minus Api, will be together.
2. only six players, will be missing in 2023.
3. Api will be 30 at the conclusion of his contract
4. Our club is a development club.
5. Api, and Kiks, started of as rookies, and both turned out great.
6. Matt Cameron, Ivan Cleary, and co. knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don’t think we need to Panic.

We’ve got Api for this season.

Its not like his departure has come as a surprise, it’s been pretty obvious that he was going to chase some coin.

Trust the System team.

SideNote: What’s Soni Luke up to?? I always liked that dude as he was coming through.

I can remember not to long ago, the world was ending over Blake and RCG moving on. Club made 2 grand finals since then, even won one.

There will be good options out there.