What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Which is f**king laughable. He can't pass.

I don't disagree - but it's the truth, isn't it?

We have Rein we can rely on, but until we sign another hooker, we have Stone to fill in for Mahoney.

Obviously, it's a big dip in quality - but I'd wager that because Stone is nor a natural dummy-half, if he were to become our 9, our gameplan would boil down to much, much more simple bash and barge tactics, and to allow Moses and Gutherson to create.

Besides - word has it we are looking at Verrills for 2023, who is a good young prospect.

We still have Mahoney for 2022.

Is the club making some interesting choices?

Sure.

But I say we wait to see what fruit these choices bear, before burning them all at the stake.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fair enough have your opinions, put crap on BA and the eels but do you really need to start posting crap about a 16 year old kid…..keep that crap to the other site Alan with your fan boys !!
Settle pettle, take a joke. We all know you are on the Parramatta payroll and that’s fine but don’t be sooking when others aren’t drinking the cool aid.

And other site?? I don’t post on the TCT lovefest.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
its interesting that moving forward over the next 5 years you's say ideally the nucleus of this side would be Penisini, Drwon, Mahoney, Marata, papallii.

Now you cant keep everyone but losing a fringe origin spine player and a dally m 2nd rower of the year in one off season is a huge step backward for the club. Even more painful considering the club is closer than ever to ending the drought.

But it wasn't as if Papali'i came to us as the reigning second-rower of the year, nor was he a desired signing for clubs. He came in with a good attitude and we gave him the right environment to flourish. We've got a few young forwards currently training with the first grade squad, if they're willing to put in the effort there's opportunities for them to flourish like Papali'i has done.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We’ve already lost Ferguson, Niukore, Papali’i and Mahoney over the course of the next two seasons without signing anyone of note.
If you think we need to replace these guys with 'anyone of note' you're missing the point of being a development club. Their replacements aren't yet big names. Just like the players leaving were once nobodies. How many big names did Penrith sign for their recent premiership team? They let plenty go in recent years: Mansour, Tamou, Blake, RCG, Maloney, Merrin, Moylan, even Koroisau left before coming back. Smartarses would've gloated about him coming back at double the price.

The Rosco

Bench
Latest news on Stefano: Storm offered to swap Brandon Smith with Stef.
But apparently the negotiations with you guys are too far down the track.
It's nearly a done deal.
Sooner than later.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Latest news on Stefano: Storm offered to swap Brandon Smith with Stef.
But apparently the negotiations with you guys are too far down the track.
It's nearly a done deal.
Sooner than later.

I was disappointed he left, but didn't begrudge him taking a good offer to her regular First Grade time.

I'd be pretty happy if we got him back, but I don't see it happening.

gaffer

Juniors
if Jnr goes how many not counting gutho is Ayoub representing at our club It could be why we're letting his cash cows go so we don't have to put up with his shit every year

JokerEel

Coach
Don't we have 3 junior merkins at hooker?
Penrith signing
Knights signing and our Flegg Hooker?

I will be happy if we can get Verrills in 2023 for around 400k.