What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Verrills has won a comp at 22. He scored a try too. So clearly has some attack
Had more kick metres then Api last season.
Had more try assists then Api. Api did score more tries though
Defence wise Verrill's at 90% and Api 91% tackle effectiveness

Running was way down between the 2 but if the price point is good then it looks a good fit

Verrrils looks okay, but I think he’s a fair way from Api or even Mahoney’s class.

But he’s under contract until the end of 2024, likely on a really cheap deal. This is exactly what I’m talking about, where’s the planning? No guarantee the roosters would release him, and if they do they’ll probably want a player swap. The roosters aren’t mugs.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
There’s only three teams that can win next year, and we’re one of them. That’s about as good as odds as you’ll ever get. There’s no real cashing in here either, the other options available to us for 2022 are average to poor.

Back to back titles is hard, but I’d wager our chances of winning in 2022 are still higher than in 2023-2025. Plays the odds.
Who are the other 2

Iamback

Coach
Verrrils looks okay, but I think he’s a fair way from Api or even Mahoney’s class.

But he’s under contract until the end of 2024, likely on a really cheap deal. This is exactly what I’m talking about, where’s the planning? No guarantee the roosters would release him, and if they do they’ll probably want a player swap. The roosters aren’t mugs.

Roosters did this same thing with Pearce. Signed Cronk to get rid of Pearce. Clubs talk to managers all the time. They know more then they let on. I doubt they wouldn't have had something in play

Depends what you want. We don't need a flashy 9 nor clearly want to spend big $ on a hooker

We do need those things, but we possibly can’t pay for them because we’ve spent huge money on a centre and a prop.

The club hasn’t prioritised properly, unfortunately.

Roosters did this same thing with Pearce. Signed Cronk to get rid of Pearce. Clubs talk to managers all the time. They know more then they let on. I doubt they wouldn't have had something in play

The point is there’s no guarantee of a release. He’s likely on a super cheap deal, great option for a backup. This isn’t like the Pearce situation at all.

DinkyDi

Juniors

Are you in the inner circle? No you're not. You are making some bold declarations. Trust the system, which delivered.

Hooked

Juniors

I don't know the Roosters plans. They could even keep him. Start Smith at hooker then shift him to lock when Verrils comes on.
I haven't seen much of Freddy Lussick. He could be the odd one out.

What the club does next on the hooking front will determine how much planning there is after Api. I am concerned, but can't pass judgment until I see who is the replacement.

oh yes I think Souths be struggling in 2022. Also Storm I do not see them as a Threat. Do not right off Parramatta, 2022 will be their last year to make anything of their squad.

But wait a minute, it you don’t think the Storm or Souths are a threat, why do you rate our chances poorly?

We can easily mix it with Parra and the Roosters.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
But wait a minute, it you don’t think the Storm or Souths are a threat, why do you rate our chances poorly?

We can easily mix it with Parra and the Roosters.
I don't rate our chance because of the probability historically, it probably comes down to my line of work as an Analyst. I look at things with the best Probabilities. Plus I do think alot of other teams are on the up. I just prefer to have someone in who will be here long haul. I don't want a small window. I want finally a team that can build a dynasty for years to come.