What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Fair comeback that. I’m not gonna state considered and reasonable replies in here anymore, no point. I will just do what the others do.

Wow….don’t really know where to start with that deluded pile of shit. As much as it might burn you mate the Sharks have sold out all their apparel sponsorships for the next two years. We’re not looking for a new stadium…. Just an upgrade to our humble ground. I might be biased but I don’t reckon there’s a better atmosphere than at these suburban grounds and the spanking new leagues club and restaurant precinct will only add to the game day experience for the punters. That and a side that is competitive every year as opposed to a team who has finished…13th….14th…14th and 15th in the last 4 years. The funniest thing of all is that Chad Townsend is your marquee signing for ‘22. Enjoy the spoon in your whiz-bang stadium.
The fact your team draws low TV ratings, despite being competitive on the field, proves my point. If you can't get anyone to pay attention to you when you're winning then you're useless to the game, its broadcast partners and its sponsors.

I didn't say Cronulla cannot get a sponsor. I said major companies won't want to throw money at a brand that has a terrible reputation and small audience.

What's the name of the sponsors and how much are they paying?

Are any of them the sort of companies who would want to be associated with Man Utd or any other major sporting club, or are they small companies that deal in waste management, pest control and plumbing?

Dolphins have a sponsor paying $1.5m, which is more than most other clubs. They won't play a game until 2023. Cowboys have had Toyota as their main sponsor since 2003. Warriors, Broncos and Storm have strong sponsorship deals with major companies. Even the Titans have some major companies sponsoring them.

Your club will continue to fall behind the other Sydney clubs when Penrith, Parramatta, Canterbury, Wests, Sydney and South Sydney are playing out of world class stadiums. Even Manly will have a decent stadium. That leaves the two Southern Sydney teams playing out of dumps.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The fact your team draws low TV ratings, despite being competitive on the field, proves my point. If you can't get anyone to pay attention to you when you're winning then you're useless to the game and its partners.

I didn't say Cronulla cannot get a sponsor. I said major companies won't want to throw money at a brand that has a terrible reputation and small audience.

Are any of them the sort of companies who would want to be associated with Man Utd or any other major sporting club, or is it some small company that deals in waste management, pest control or plumbing?

Dolphins have a sponsor paying $1.5m, which is more than most other clubs. Cowboys have had Toyota as their main sponsor since 2003. Warriors, Broncos and Storm have strong sponsorship deals with major companies. Even the Titans have some major companies sponsors them.
Zzzzz…….

Croz Au

Juniors
ARLC isn't going to kill off a team that has a world class stadium and draws very strong TV ratings.

There's no argument for Cronulla to be in the competition ahead of NZ2, Perth, Bris 3 or Adelaide. They don't rate on TV and they don't draw strong crowds. Nor do they have strong companies lining up to sponsor them. If you're a company looking to align yourself with a sports club to promote your brand, would you rather be with a club that plays out of a quality stadium and draws high TV ratings, or a small club playing at a tiny derelict park with few people watching on TV?

If you sponsor the Sharks you're competing with 8 other teams for media exposure. Compare that to teams from areas that aren't oversaturated.

Rhetoric about The Sharks being needed for kids to play the game in Sutherland is debunked by Logan having just as many juniors , if not more, despite not having an NRL club and not having a Queensland Cup team based in it since 2002.

Cronulla will never have a stadium like Parramatta Stadium, Melbourne Rectangular Arena, Townsville Stadium or Robina Stadium. Nor should it. There's no A-League, Super Rugby or AwFuL team in Southern Sydney, so no need for a new stadium or a even a team, if we're being fair dinkum. The crazy thing is we have two teams in this small region playing out of dumps while Perth and Adelaide have none.
Just an upgrade which will enable the club to continue. To enable a women’s team, to support and enhance our sponsor and can engagement. To ensure front of house has good working accommodation to ensure the club, team and other community groups prosper.
Sharks Park is more than just a Stadium, it’s a home not to sharks , but fans of sharks, community groups and sharks have heart charity.
the game isn’t all about money, big stadiums, players, fans and action…no, it isn’t the essence of the game, the essence of the game is community.

Croz Au

Juniors
The fact your team draws low TV ratings, despite being competitive on the field, proves my point. If you can't get anyone to pay attention to you when you're winning then you're useless to the game, its broadcast partners and its sponsors.

Are any of them the sort of companies who would want to be associated with Man Utd or any other major sporting club, or are they small companies that deal in waste management, pest control and plumbing?

Dolphins have a sponsor paying $1.5m, which is more than most other clubs. They won't play a game until 2023. Cowboys have had Toyota as their main sponsor since 2003. Warriors, Broncos and Storm have strong sponsorship deals with major companies. Even the Titans have some major companies sponsoring them.

Your club will continue to fall behind the other Sydney clubs when Penrith, Parramatta, Canterbury, Wests, Sydney and South Sydney are playing out of world class stadiums. Even Manly will have a decent stadium. That leaves the two Southern Sydney teams playing out of dumps.
Again with those ratings … you failed to answer it all.
Those ratings don’t mention whether the statistics have any biases, whether it was a sample of a population, and how accurate the results are.
Cronulla sponsors hmm..
Aramex is an international company, which serves in 50 nations. Yes they are throwing some big money at club and they have been waiting to do extra for the club.
Sharks have a good combination of international, national and local business sponsoring the club.

Stop digging yourself a hole, as you don’t know what you are talking about.

Croz Au

Juniors
ARLC isn't going to kill off a team that has a world class stadium and draws very strong TV ratings.

There's no argument for Cronulla to be in the competition ahead of NZ2, Perth, Bris 3 or Adelaide. They don't rate on TV and they don't draw strong crowds. Nor do they have strong companies lining up to sponsor them. If you're a company looking to align yourself with a sports club to promote your brand, would you rather be with a club that plays out of a quality stadium and draws high TV ratings, or a small club playing at a tiny derelict park with few people watching on TV?

If you sponsor the Sharks you're competing with 8 other teams for media exposure. Compare that to teams from areas that aren't oversaturated.

Rhetoric about The Sharks being needed for kids to play the game in Sutherland is debunked by Logan having just as many juniors , if not more, despite not having an NRL club and not having a Queensland Cup team based in it since 2002.

Cronulla will never have a stadium like Parramatta Stadium, Melbourne Rectangular Arena, Townsville Stadium or Robina Stadium. Nor should it. There's no A-League, Super Rugby or AwFuL team in Southern Sydney, so no need for a new stadium or a even a team, if we're being fair dinkum. The crazy thing is we have two teams in this small region playing out of dumps while Perth and Adelaide have none.
Not much of ratings; however I do know a lot of statistics.

how accurate are they are?

As I don’t see whether they have either confidence in the results; or whether there are any biases or how big the sample of the population was done

Plus could you supply whether there is any statistical errors within those.

those results would be only an sample of the population.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Just an upgrade which will enable the club to continue. To enable a women’s team, to support and enhance our sponsor and can engagement. To ensure front of house has good working accommodation to ensure the club, team and other community groups prosper.
Sharks Park is more than just a Stadium, it’s a home not to sharks , but fans of sharks, community groups and sharks have heart charity.
the game isn’t all about money, big stadiums, players, fans and action…no, it isn’t the essence of the game, the essence of the game is community.
Good post mate….these interstaters just don’t get it. Think it’s all about flash stadiums…crowds and tv ratings. I’m just about done here…as Chad would say…Lesssgoo.

Again with those ratings … you failed to answer it all.
Those ratings don’t mention whether the statistics have any biases, whether it was a sample of a population, and how accurate the results are.
Cronulla sponsors hmm..
Aramex is an international company, which serves in 50 nations. Yes they are throwing some big money at club and they have been waiting to do extra for the club.
Sharks have a good combination of international, national and local business sponsoring the club.

Stop digging yourself a hole, as you don’t know what you are talking about.
You sound like an anti-vaxer by questioning the source.

Do you have any evidence that the data is unreliable?

The burden of proof is on you since you're the one making the claim.

Are you starting to understand why a new state of the art stadium isn't being built for your club?

Or will you babble on about bullshit like community spirit, or some other rubbish that doesn't mean anything?

How much is Aramex paying?

yadamisha

Juniors

Your major sponsor is a couple of local car dealerships - NOT TOYOTA international!!!! But then again a lot of what your are saying just makes it obvious you don't know your facts, history or the bigger picture! Also you need to do a bit of research in the size of the companies sponsoring Cronulla and the $s paid based on this dribble, leaves your mob for dead as well. We have local car dealerships but they don't qualify for our front of jersey!!!

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Are you starting to understand why a new state of the art stadium isn't being built for your club?

Or will you babble on about bullshit like community spirit, or some other rubbish that doesn't mean anything?

We don’t want a new stadium mate…. Doesn’t make you play any better as the Cows have proven. T.v rating mean SFA… you don’t get a bigger grant from the NRL for having higher ratings. For what it’s worth I believe the Aramax sponsorship is 4 mill over 3 years plus incentives for making the finals etc etc. Guess those sort of incentives are futile at the Cows hey?

Your major sponsor is a couple of local car dealerships - NOT TOYOTA international!!!! But then again a lot of what your are saying just makes it obvious you don't know you facts, history or the bigger picture! Also you need to do a bit of research in the size of the companies sponsoring Cronulla and the $s paid based on this dribble, leaves your mob for dead as well. We have local car dealerships but they don't qualify for our front of jersey!!!
It's multiple dealerships from all over North Queensland chipping in money. Your club has a sponsorship deal with just one car dealership that's based in Sutherland.

Croz Au

Juniors

Nope, had my jabs early on in the piece.

I actually do work within business analytics, which handles quite a bit of statistics.
yes, the questions I asked about the statistics of those ratings; are missing that information makes them not reliable.

I know abit in relation to stadiums. You don’t need full brand new stadium to have the effect what fans require. If you invest in certain areas to improve the facility,
You’ll get the desired effect

Community = fans = members = $$

We don’t want a new stadium mate…. Doesn’t make you play any better as the Cows have proven. T.v rating mean SFA… you don’t get a bigger grant from the NRL for having higher ratings. For what it’s worth I believe the Aramax sponsorship is 4 mill over 3 years plus incentives for making the finals etc etc. Guess those sort of incentives are futile at the Cows hey?
$4m over 3 years?

Aramex said it's for 2 years and didn't state how much they paid.

yadamisha

Juniors
$4m over 3 years?

Aramex said it's for 2 years and didn't state how much they paid.

Since upgraded their sponsorship in multiple ways and Redcliffe is $1 million a year - its over 4 years including next year.

beave

Coach
Your major sponsor is a couple of local car dealerships - NOT TOYOTA international!!!! But then again a lot of what your are saying just makes it obvious you don't know your facts, history or the bigger picture! Also you need to do a bit of research in the size of the companies sponsoring Cronulla and the $s paid based on this dribble, leaves your mob for dead as well. We have local car dealerships but they don't qualify for our front of jersey!!!

FMD, I can't believe I am responding to the absolute f$@&ing garbage in this thread.

1. The "couple of local" car dealerships is every toyota dealer north of Mackay in QLD,
so if you're idea of a couple is 12, then so be it.

2. Cronulla aren't going anywhere and neither should they, the amount of coin they have made
since the development fruitery has gone on will ensure they survive well into the future.

3. Arguing over who is a better club on the field
between NQ and Cronullla is like arguing that aids is better cancer........ they're both shit.

Can you clowns take this shit to a different thread??

Exactly local car dealerships paying peanuts
"The North Queensland Toyota dealer group is comprised of 10 dealerships operating 13 outlets in Townsville, Cairns, Atherton, Innisfail, Mareeba, Tully, Ingham, Mount Isa, Charters Towers, Ayr, Bowen, Proserpine and Mackay."

You said it was two dealerships. The actual number is 13, which you compared to Cronulla's one dealership.

You wouldn't have a clue how much the deal is worth.

Cowboys are one of the more financially stable clubs and have been for years, which proves they're generating a decent amount of revenue from sponsorship deals and gate receipts.

How many times have Cronulla been in the shit over the last 10 years?

If you want a new state of the art stadium then create a club that's worthy of playing in one.