What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
That is the flip side.
Given how Api's back end of the season went. Guys like Mason or Smith would of played NSW Cup and we would see how they went.

Some of the guys we want in the side will effectively be jumping 2 grades

Sam Walker took to first grade amazingly well. IMO the Roosters did his career a disservice by continuing to play him when it was obvious to everyone his body in it's 2021 state couldn't handle the defence required in first grade especially against well coached teams who can set up the plays to work him over.

Allowing Kikau and NAS to isolate and trample him was not a great look given the damage it could to his already flimsy shoulders.

But what do I know, I'm just a clueless fan with no medical qualifications.

martielang

Bench
I’ve seen nothing in Turuva yet to suggest he’s anywhere near first grade let alone at centre position. Same with Jenkins and May at centre. Especially after 12 months of no NSW Cup.

Suicide going into the season without getting an experienced centre in.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I’ve seen nothing in Turuva yet to suggest he’s anywhere near first grade let alone at centre position. Same with Jenkins and May at centre. Especially after 12 months of no NSW Cup.

Tago is legit and will be centre but yeah agree with what you've said here

BossleyPanther

Juniors
The centre or backup centre will be filled internally. Tago, may, Turuva and Jenkins will all be options there in 2023. Prop I think will be filled internally. One of smith or hopgood will play as a middle forward plus we have a couple more coming up behind them like Tanner. The young kid Sagaga has a wrap on him also.

Will be interesting to see how Geyer goes, would love to see him start the year in reserve grade. If he can kick on over the next 12 months it really solves some headaches for us in 2023.
I have Turuva pencilled in as a fullback threat to Staines and Edwards. Tago can play centre, but still we need a back up. May is on the wing

BxTom

Bench
As people know, I can be a bit negative with my opinions, that’s probably because I’m an analyst by trade, but I think we’re genuine favourites in 2022.

The Storm have lost Hynes, JAC, Finucane and could be about to lose Solomona.

Souths have lost Reynolds and Bennett, big losses

The roosters have lost a stack of experience, but if they somehow get Smith for 2022 they could be dynamite.

The Eels are largely in tact for 2022, definitely a top four chance
And you didn't list the players that we have lost? Naden, Momo, Burton, Capewell and May won't make a difference?

GongPanther

Referee
oh yes I think Souths be struggling in 2022. Also Storm I do not see them as a Threat. Do not right off Parramatta, 2022 will be their last year to make anything of their squad.
I totally agree. Parra to really push for a premiership, with Easts our other major threat. Cronulla, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Canberra to vastly improve. Manly, Souths and Melbourne to slide down a bit. IMO, teams will have had the off season in how to plan for Tom Trbojevic, so I think if you stop Turbo, you stop Manly as we did during last season.

mxlegend99

Referee

Yep. 2 years with little footy for developing players is a huge setback.

And you didn't list the players that we have lost? Naden, Momo, Burton, Capewell and May won't make a difference?

I didn’t think I needed to, given this is the Penrith section and all.

Of course some of them will make a difference, the point of my post was to highlight that we aren’t the only top four team to lose players. I still have us as favourites even with our losses. Burton and Capewell are the only two that worry me. Momirovski I was a little surprised we let go, would’ve been decent for depth.

I totally agree. Parra to really push for a premiership, with Easts our other major threat. Cronulla, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Canberra to vastly improve. Manly, Souths and Melbourne to slide down a bit. IMO, teams will have had the off season in how to plan for Tom Trbojevic, so I think if you stop Turbo, you stop Manly as we did during last season.

Cronulla and the GC could be smokies, but I don’t see enough in Canberra or Brisbane to really be a threat.

Iamback

Coach

I have only Cows and WT that can't make the 8

The top 6 from last year will stay the top 6 again just different order

maple_69

Bench
We played the second half of 2021 woefully out of attacking form. Overpowered middle, kicking and wings meant the other side never had a chance to attack. A hooker that keeps a tight middle and fast service works in that system. Api is a blow and we have work to do to replace him but I think it’s bizarre to suggest we’ll drop out of contention without him when sides can’t put more than 10 points past us and we have the best 6/7/13 in the game, all just about to hit their prime. If we can sort a hooker a tier below Api, there’s plenty of other areas we can improve to compensate, the right edge being the most prominent.

There’s a story today from The Mole (so take it with a grain of salt) about Tyrone May coming back to play hooker in 2023. Putting aside all the drama surrounding May, and just focusing on the on field aspect of it, this would be a very bad option. May was fine filling in at hooker for 10 mins or so, but he’s not an 80 minute player. Too slow for the position.

BxTom

Bench
There’s a story today from The Mole (so take it with a grain of salt) about Tyrone May coming back to play hooker in 2023. Putting aside all the drama surrounding May, and just focusing on the on field aspect of it, this would be a very bad option. May was fine filling in at hooker for 10 mins or so, but he’s not an 80 minute player. Too slow for the position.
I wonder which of the posters on here started that rumour?

We played the second half of 2021 woefully out of attacking form. Overpowered middle, kicking and wings meant the other side never had a chance to attack. A hooker that keeps a tight middle and fast service works in that system. Api is a blow and we have work to do to replace him but I think it’s bizarre to suggest we’ll drop out of contention without him when sides can’t put more than 10 points past us and we have the best 6/7/13 in the game, all just about to hit their prime. If we can sort a hooker a tier below Api, there’s plenty of other areas we can improve to compensate, the right edge being the most prominent.

I’m not sure that level of defence is sustainable, we’ll need to find more in attack. Anyway sorting out a hooker a tier below Api is easier said than done, the options out there don’t look great at this stage.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This sounds atrocious. If this happens it's over.

Iamback

Coach
I’m not sure that level of defence is sustainable, we’ll need to find more in attack. Anyway sorting out a hooker a tier below Api is easier said than done, the options out there don’t look great at this stage.

I agree. Not taking anything away but there were some lucky bounces, drops against us to help

Iamback

Coach

Need some one externally. May doesn't count in that field. Need to get one of those young guys in early 20's and develop them

Latest posts