What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Will bring someone in to complement the players already at the club. Suits the playing style and what we already have at the club. Ivan isn't a fan of dual hookers sharing the role.

It was hoped Api would stay but the Tigers offer was too good. I thought among others his close relationship with Ivan would get us over the line. The Tigers improved offer swung it their way. We weren't in a position to get close to it. Further proof that we never chased Brandon Smith. We don't have the money.
The Tigers have already started pushing for a player swap. I would be surprised if it happened.

I said last week May returning could be on the cards. It was thought he would go away for a few years and then return. The leaking to The Mole is about getting the story out there, so it won't be a total shock if it happens later on. If he does come back in 2023 It won't be as a hooking option.

It is hoped a 2-year extension for Edwards will be done before the Christmas break.

Merry Christmas all.

I can only hope there’s enough of a backlash to the Tyrone May leak that it won’t happen.

Besides all the bad publicity he’s brought on the club, he’s just not that good of a player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not bringing him back isn’t a punishment. We owe him nothing.

He shouldn't have been sacked in the first place for occured. Sure sack him for the sex tape. But to sack him for a social media post against the media and trolls.......

You can't continue to punish a person over and over again for the same crime. There is a law against it too, in legal turns it's called double jeopardy. It's also discrimination.

He shouldn't have been sacked in the first place for occured. Sure sack him for the sex tape. But to sack him for a social media post against the media and trolls.......

You can't continue to punish a person over and over again for the same crime. There is a law against it too, in legal turns it's called double jeopardy. It's also discrimination.

That’s irrelevant now, he was sacked. Not re-signing him is not a punishment.

Also the law you refer to is only in the judicial system, double jeopardy doesn’t count in your work life.

murraymob

First Grade
If you lot want to talk about may coming back fine but keep why he was sacked to that other thread and remember this is signings and keeping players

If you lot want to talk about may coming back fine but keep why he was sacked to that other thread and remember this is signings and keeping players

Sorry, but it’s relevant to this thread. There’s been a report of him being re-signed for 2023, and this has been confirmed by Blade. Totally legit to discuss it in the rumoured signings thread.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Under no definition would not offering someone a contract be considered a punishment, you can disagree all you like, you’re still wrong.

And your point about double jeopardy & discrimination is off the charts wrong.

Because I disagree with you're opinion. I'm wrong. Sorry mate you'll have to do better than that.

Everyone in the world deserves to re start their life, once the said punishment is complete.

Because I disagree with you're opinion. I'm wrong. Sorry mate you'll have to do better than that.

Everyone in the world deserves to re start their life, once the said punishment is complete.

Not everyone deserves an NRL contract with the Penrith Panthers, that’s the point!

I don’t want to see Tyrone May ostracised from society, unable to earn money to support himself. I just don’t want to see him at the panthers. Aside from his troubles, he’s not even a good player.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not everyone deserves an NRL contract with the Penrith Panthers, that’s the point!

I don’t want to see Tyrone May ostracised from society, unable to earn money to support himself. I just don’t want to see him at the panthers. Aside from his troubles, he’s not even a good player.

The club suits obviously think differently.

To the point about him being a 'crap' player.....Penrith would not have won the game against the storm earlier in the year, without his involvement.

May is a good utility perhaps one of the best in the NRL.

The club suits obviously think differently.

To the point about him being a 'crap' player.....Penrith would not have won the game against the storm earlier in the year, without his involvement.

May is a good utility perhaps one of the best in the NRL.
It’s got nothing to do with them thinking he deserves another shot, If May wasn’t so close to the Cleary’s, there’s absolutely no chance he’d ever be coming back to the club. The suits only want to appease the Cleary’s.

Go canvass fans of other clubs about his talent, most are utterly bemused about all this fuss over a very limited player.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It’s got nothing to do with them thinking he deserves another shot, If May wasn’t so close to the Cleary’s, there’s absolutely no chance he’d ever be coming back to the club. The suits only want to appease the Cleary’s.

Go canvass fans of other clubs about his talent, most are utterly bemused about all this fuss over a very limited player.
Did look a player in the 20's but he's done sweet FA since. The only reason he was here was the Clearys 100%

Munky

Coach
May looked a good running five eighth with a solid passing game.

The leg injury and bulking him up removed the running game and being a good passer is pretty useless when teams can hold off and watch. Look at Moylan these days, teams let him run into the gap since its an easy cover tackle.

Latest posts