What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Isaac A

Juniors
A side note to remember. Ryan Matterson signed at the Tigers when Ivan was coach. Part of his reason for leaving was he didn’t sign under Maguire. Wouldn’t shock me to see Ryan Matterson come into discussion for 2023 along with Tariq Sims.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Players gone... Players replaced
Burton. ..............Tago.
Momoroski ......... (Back up only)
Capewell .............. Hopgood.
May ..................... Salmon or Sullivan

BossleyPanther

Juniors
A side note to remember. Ryan Matterson signed at the Tigers when Ivan was coach. Part of his reason for leaving was he didn’t sign under Maguire. Wouldn’t shock me to see Ryan Matterson come into discussion for 2023 along with Tariq Sims.
Ryan would replace Kikau and I would be happy with that

The_Frog

First Grade
Angus is arguably the most consistent 2nd rower in the game. He was a beast in origin this year. Hes coming into hes best years.
Great player, would love to have him in our side but how many local juniors would need to be shed to get him?

WestyLife

First Grade
He dropped one pass, and it was a poorly directed pass at that. That was the only mistake. He was fine apart from that, playing with an injury. I'm sure if he'd thrown that ball you'd still have blamed him for the error.

You might as well say Cleary and Edwards nearly cost us the game by letting Walker waltz through them to score.

If the premiership winning coach with a 91% win rate over 77 games believes in him, who are any of us to argue?

Ivan isn't exactly impartial though. It's a massive conflict of interest with the close relationship between May and the Cleary's so even if I'm being unfair about May's form I wouldn't trust the coach to be making the best decision under the circumstances. Especially when no other fanbase would be happy to get him. We're the only ones even discussing it.

The_Frog

First Grade
Pretty sure the epic Sorensen cover tackle was because May was too slow to cover his man if I'm remembering correctly. His lack of athleticism is his biggest problem. If he could get some speed in his legs even to average nrl player he'd be a lot better.
Grade 3 medials that haven't yet healed will do that to a bloke.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ivan isn't exactly impartial though. It's a massive conflict of interest with the close relationship between May and the Cleary's so even if I'm being unfair about May's form I wouldn't trust the coach to be making the best decision under the circumstances. Especially when no other fanbase would be happy to get him. We're the only ones even discussing it.
If the team had run 13th, you'd definitely have an argument.

Iamback

Coach

Every coach has favourites though. May was dropped to NSW Cup during the year though

Iamback

Coach

Not sure Sims would fit. Matterson fits the mould that has worked. Mid career guys seem to work better in team and price wise

Girds89

Bench
Great player, would love to have him in our side but how many local juniors would need to be shed to get him?

I think hed be a great pick up as a kiks replacement.

Given we were trying to retain kiks i wouldnt think angus would block anyone.

I think wed have the coin to match or beat the chooks to. But i couldnt see him wanting to leave there.

betcats

Referee
Angus would be great but I don’t think we could afford him if we couldn’t afford kiks, if he’s on the open market he will get similar offers.

Re Api swap, stuff that. For the tigers to make it worthwhile for us they’d have to offer up more than we could fit in salary cap wise. There’s not one player in their team is swap one for one for Api for 2022 so it would have to multiple players which would stretch us I think. I’d love Blore back but Simpkin and Blore isn’t enough imo, I’m not overly familiar with Simpkin but I think were better off keeping Api anfd getting him to school Kenny and our own young hookers for the next 12 months. I’m happy to let Api play out next season and let him move on, we’ve got what will likely be his best years for a very good price.

Latest posts