What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Dragons Juniors

BIG RIG

Juniors
I was recently in attendance for the beginning of the training sessions for both the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions for the St George JRLFC

I finished up playing league only a couple of years ago after a bad back injury and was apart of junior league rep teams but was appalled by how shit it was run especially being a player from the St George comp ( I played for Hurstville United )

but after attending today’s session to help out with training drills I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the system had changed for the better

Anthony Griffin was in attendance today alongside Aaron Woods and Ben Hunt who gave great speeches at the end of the session

Both Chase and Kyle Stanley are official trainers alongside Jason Nightingale and Jamie Soward but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Frank Pritchard has also taken up a coaching position for the juniors

overall I’m pleased to see that Hook and the club are finally putting a focus on the St George junior leagues

blacksafake

First Grade
I was recently in attendance for the beginning of the training sessions for both the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions for the St George JRLFC

I finished up playing league only a couple of years ago after a bad back injury and was apart of junior league rep teams but was appalled by how shit it was run especially being a player from the St George comp ( I played for Hurstville United )

but after attending today’s session to help out with training drills I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the system had changed for the better

Anthony Griffin was in attendance today alongside Aaron Woods and Ben Hunt who gave great speeches at the end of the session

Both Chase and Kyle Stanley are official trainers alongside Jason Nightingale and Jamie Soward but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Frank Pritchard has also taken up a coaching position for the juniors

overall I’m pleased to see that Hook and the club are finally putting a focus on the St George junior leagues
Good to hear Big Rig.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

You're way too young to be on this forum-but nice to hear of your positive experience with the St George juniors- sounds like the new blood they've brought in are doing the trick.

Dragon David

First Grade

Fantastic to read, thanks Big Rig. All those guys helping out - what a treat!

jeffdragon

Bench
Playng trials this week v manly.
Bolts Hadley on gb gave Kyle Stanley a wrap about the trials this Saturday regarding covid protocols.
Saying all who represent us on the weekend will be compliant.
Unlike Manly who are keeping a guy on the books who ain't vaccinated.

denis preston

First Grade

Great stuff BR. Thats what is great about these forums where you hear about things that is otherwise unreported. Good to see ALL the club invested in junior development. I also hear that a couple of their junior signings are finding their way to St George rather than exclusively to the Steelers. Is there a reason for this shift ?

BIG RIG

Juniors
Great stuff BR. Thats what is great about these forums where you hear about things that is otherwise unreported. Good to see ALL the club invested in junior development. I also hear that a couple of their junior signings are finding their way to St George rather than exclusively to the Steelers. Is there a reason for this shift ?
I think the main reason for this is Hook who new that Illawarra was already strong enough to cope and wanted to build St George back up so that the club could have 2 major junior pathways

Willow

Assistant Moderator

I recall it was a forum discussion point some years ago about how the Club had more-or-less turned it's back on the St George juniors. The reasons were unclear.

While the Illawarra is a great backyard, it made no sense to discount the St George juniors right on our doorstep.

It's good to hear that common sense has finally prevailed.

redv13

Bench

Up the mighty struggos