What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
We are literally paying for the US to defend our borders.

1641785097027.png

Good stuff. That should get Rio's grubby little lobbyists into a frenzy. After the company has come up with some environment raping scheme to recover those losses here. Hopefully the minister tells them all to F.O!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Good stuff. That should get Rio's grubby little lobbyists into a frenzy. After the company has come up with some environment raping scheme to recover those losses here. Hopefully the minister tells them all to F.O!
You rely on mining to live the quality of life that you do.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You rely on mining to live the quality of life that you do.

I don't reckon Rio mining lithium in Serbia would have all that much economic impact in Aus.

And it appears the people there don't care all that much for whatever benefits it might bring them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't reckon Rio mining lithium in Serbia would have all that much economic impact in Aus.

And it appears the people there don't care all that much for whatever benefits it might bring them.
Agree with both of those statements. I was sensing a bit of anti-mining sentiment so my comment was a broader one.

Don't know enough about the project to assess impacts so maybe it was appropriate to ban it on environmental grounds.

But as we continue to decarbonise, mining will play a key role due to the increased demand for 'new economy minerals'. The Serbian mine would have produced enough lithium to power 1 million electric vehicles.

I'm not sure people have gotten their heads around that yet.

Latest posts