What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Toulouse survive?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Do promoted clubs get a payment to help boost their squad and make it competitive, similar to parachute payments for teams getting relegated?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do promoted clubs get a payment to help boost their squad and make it competitive, similar to parachute payments for teams getting relegated?
no I don't think so. Its a shame they havent been able to sign a couple of good Aussies or kiwis to bolster them. The step up is huge between the two divisions as leigh found pout last year.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
no I don't think so. Its a shame they havent been able to sign a couple of good Aussies or kiwis to bolster them. The step up is huge between the two divisions as leigh found pout last year.
Thanks mate - all the best to them then in what will be a tough year.

RedVee

First Grade
I hope so. A few familiar names and quite a lot of French flags in that list.

fingers crossed anyway

DIEHARDTITAN

Juniors
Wish they'd have an international supporter membership. I want to support the club. Don't know if I can deal with another RL failure.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The game they won against Fev is known as the Million Pound Game so that should help expenses a little plus Toulouse are owned by a wealthy patron.
It's only known as the Million Pound Game because the SL central funding is/was about a million pounds more than Championship, but in real terms that extra funding doesn't really equate to much. Many clubs in Championship would blow through that just raising the standards of their club from semi-pro to fulltime, though that's not an issue in Toulouse's case.

The Great Dane

First Grade
To answer the question; in short, as things stand Toulouse have Buckley's of surviving relegation next season, but if the SL are smart they'll do everything in their power to make sure that they do. Unfortunately the SL isn't smart...

I'll be rooting for them though.

Tigers1986

Juniors
They'll finish ahead of Hull KR

Is relegation even a chance? I've read rumblings that they'll be trying to expand SL to 14 teams for 2023, so the existing 12 are 'safe' for this season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
To answer the question; in short, as things stand Toulouse have Buckley's of surviving relegation next season, but if the SL are smart they'll do everything in their power to make sure that they do. Unfortunately the SL isn't smart...

I'll be rooting for them though.
Covid might help them. If other teams have to forfeit because they cant travel then they'll get the points and a health points difference!

Perth Red

Post Whore
They'll finish ahead of Hull KR

Is relegation even a chance? I've read rumblings that they'll be trying to expand SL to 14 teams for 2023, so the existing 12 are 'safe' for this season.
haha no chance if we stay fit. We finished 6th last year and have added the SL's best FB to this years squad.

Relegation is definite for 2022

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
Bad news for Toulouse.
Kheirallah walking away this close to the start of the season would almost certainly be the final nail in the coffin. They'll be totally f**ked unless they can pull one of the bag and find a strong replacement in the next couple weeks.

If the the SL/RFL are smart they'll step in and make sure that there's a good outcome, whether that be finding a way to convince Kheirallah to get vaxed (admittedly unlikely), or making sure that Toulouse find a good replacement. But again they aren't smart.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
Kheirallah walking away this close to the start of the season would almost certainly be the final nail in the coffin. They'll be totally f**ked unless they can pull one of the bag and find a strong replacement in the next couple weeks.

If the the SL/RFL are smart they'll step in and make sure that there's a good outcome, whether that be finding a way to convince Kheirallah to get vaxed (admittedly unlikely), or making sure that Toulouse find a good replacement. But again they aren't smart.
Bad management by Toulouse for leaving it this late for me.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Bad management by Toulouse for leaving it this late for me.
They had no option really, they are just stuck in a shitty situation outside of their control.

They don't have any power over the law, they couldn't afford to just fire a player as important as Kheirallah is to their team when there was hope he'd still get vaxed, their was no obvious replacement on the market that was a realistic option for them. I mean what can you really do in that situation when every course of action is a bad one.

Hopefully they have a plan B up their sleeve, if not it's time to get desperate.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
They had no option really, they are just stuck in a shitty situation outside of their control.

They don't have any power over the law, they couldn't afford to just fire a player as important as Kheirallah is to their team when there was hope he'd still get vaxed, their was no obvious replacement on the market that was a realistic option for them. I mean what can you really do in that situation when every course of action is a bad one.

Hopefully they have a plan B up their sleeve, if not it's time to get desperate.
All depends on when Toulouse became aware of the vaccine laws in France.

If the law ruling has just come to being in the last couple of weeks then it’s bad luck on their part but if they’ve known about it for months then it’s bad management.