What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons re-sign Mikaele Ravalawa

randomdragon

Juniors
I felt sorry for him when I first saw him play. Since then he’s got better and better and betterer. I love the Fijian sidestep regardless of who’s in front of him. Matt Dufty’s fever dream!
Speaking of dufty, how good would it be to see ravalawa in the clear with only dufty infront of him. I’d pay really good money to see the result of that

slippery5

Juniors
I felt sorry for him when I first saw him play. Since then he’s got better and better and betterer. I love the Fijian sidestep regardless of who’s in front of him. Matt Dufty’s fever dream!
OMG if only that plays out, I would actually hide under the sheets for him.

Dufty will pull of Tackle of the year head on
Haha.
That WOULD be good.
Me being a Dufty lover.

He has (or had?) his weaknesses, but boy oh boy, he could do some amazing things.

I know this is not the thread, but...

It's like he was a "poor mans" Teddy Goodwin.
No offence Duff.
I wish you all the best.
You can do it.

Yow

Juniors
Good one @VodkaSaint . Maybe you should write books with a vivid imagination like that! Dufty was exciting to watch in attack, but cringeworthy in defence. Anyway, good luck to the duffman at the doggies as he seemed like a nice enough kid.
Ive meet him a couple of times and a couple drinks with him he seemed to a good kid. ps wasnt at a bbq

possm

Coach
I think you forgot to put the word 'out' after the word 'pull'.

If Dufty tries to tackle Rava head on near the try line, more chance that Dufty ends up in hospital than pulling off any tackle.
Dufty would never even attempt to tackle Ravalawa or any player his size anywhere on the field. If Barrette\ can cause him to change his defensive attitude and skills, all credit to him.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Dufty would never even attempt to tackle Ravalawa or any player his size anywhere on the field. If Barrette\ can cause him to change his defensive attitude and skills, all credit to him.
That's true @possm . It seemed to me that whenever players were running at him, Duffys go to move was to try for an intercept. I don't recall him ever being successful with that tactic.

Spazer

Juniors
That's true @possm . It seemed to me that whenever players were running at him, Duffys go to move was to try for an intercept. I don't recall him ever being successful with that tactic.
that's true, fullbacks often go for the intercept in that situation. I think there's little to no chance of defending a 2 on 1 especially when you are of dufty's size. A lucky intercept can turn the game similar to when we versed the panthers a couple years ago.