What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad 2022

WA Tiger

Bench
Nofo is the least of our worries. .. I don’t mind the look of Toa. He’s big enough, he seems fast and he looks like he is hungry for the gap…There’s very little on video of him last year, but he is scoring tries despite I think not getting much ball being on the wing, and not being a big name ball magnet.
And of course he covers wing fullback & centre

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think there’s enough positive changes in the team for ‘22 to warrant an expected top 8 finish. Unless your just an habitual sad arse mother fkr. This is assuming Madge is under and not out of control, and even better if he is found out and axed

Last edited:
Tim is simply not going to wear the lapses we saw last year.

Madge was too soft and he lost his head when we jagged a couple of wins and became a bit of a media darling.

Tim is on the record for being critical of some of some this distracting media expose. It was nonsense, I agee. Tim hated the tales for example.

Madge’s tenure is far from safe. He will play it safe and do as Tim says in the most serious of matters. That includes, selections, game plans, training and representations to players. He won’t risk his own judgment on the back of last years humiliation.

We only need a couple of extra wins to reach out to the 8. I don’t think we’ve lost anyone of high value. Maybe Mbye on the basis of a theoretical partnership with Hastings. A stretch, but a variable no one thought to try. We paid sgi a whopping $410k instead. That’s a roll of the dice in itself.

A bump in the road is the Brooks affair, but we’ve done everything we can to help him.
If he can’t reach factory he’s got to be punted by soo1. For someone of his ability, he’s been consistent garbage.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
It reminded me of the fire safety and security van I saw speeding through the tollways in Sydney today. 110 in a 90 zone and accelerated away.

I thought to myself “ well I hope he catches himself or puts the fire out when he crashes”

Double masks and gloves in Sydney now. I hear Government departments and courts looking to shut down. Schools meant to be open, soon but no kids will risk attending.

No toilet paper on our shelves. People getting mugged for their instant co vid tests.

It’s coming your way Interstate buddies. Be prepared. Just a couple of extra things in the basket before lockdown. Especially Queensland, no one hates their community more than your government.

Still, most of our pathetic lot in nsw have stood down or about to be arrested. No one is running this state. That’s fine by us.

Many Victorians are protesting about their rights to try to get co vid. Dopes. Surely the most stupid people on earth.

WA ready to shoot COVID sufferers on sight if they try to enter.

Ladies and Gentlemen ….and Stryker ….our country is a complete mess lol.

Qld is fine. Well north qld anyway, can't say much about the rest. He'll of alot better than 'gold standard' nsw!

Qld is fine. Well north qld anyway, can't say much about the rest. He'll of alot better than 'gold standard' nsw!

Gold standard is 100k new cases a day.

If you get the pox, or think you have it, the advice now is to stay at home because the hospital system can’t cope.

For the vast majority of people that might be ok, but there’s a number at risk. Oldsters, already sick etc. Theres no tests here, every day you’re sent a message you’ve been somewhere where it was detected at the same time.

Half our staff have it and are banned from work.

Oh yeah, no chicken today at Woolworths in the pre pack. Whole shelf gone.

People are preparing to get it.

If the states are bad, the federal outlook is worse.

Scomo is without a clue, won’t get us any tests, last week the opposition leader was mumbling on about fast trains. People are dying of co vid and he wants to blow billions on a railway version of Tesla. A giant train set @Quigs might agree with it though. He loves his model railways. And that dodgy fatheaded useless prick supporting people’s right to get co vid and die.

This country is ripe for an invasion or maybe a military coup, but no one could be bothered.

Buderim is as far north as I have made it. Very beautiful part of the world. Paradise.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Oh yea but ain’t the fast train something to look forward to .. over 250km an hour cutting a 2 hr 30min trip from Sydney to Newcastle down to 45min and then further afield later on, and more high speed nbn where it currently isn’t (at my place) …I like Easy

Last edited:
1ED54FB4-A3F4-4685-A892-704AE91E5573.jpeg
NSW government hard at work…

You may have co vid afterwards…

It’s a bit like kfc when you finally get to the speaker box and they tell you they are out of Madge Burgers but a you can have the giant bj chicken gizzard finger instead.

Last edited:
Oh yea but ain’t the fast train something to look forward to .. over 250km an hour cutting a 2 hr 30min trip from Sydney to Newcastle down to 45min and then further afield later on, and more nbn where it ain’t (at my place) …I like Easy

Equip each carriage with a Ventilator and I’ll give you a preference.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I think new recruit star will be a mainstay in the centre’s. I watched him play a bit and thought he was impressive, I’ve heard he has lazy attributes which contributed to Newcastle punting him

but it’s depressing looking at our other options

a broken grounded Jet
a slightly above average Talau who isn’t even due back until mid year
AJ? - still unknown
Gildart - seems small and also unknown, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel he might start off the year in reserves

stryker

First Grade
I hope people are right about about this To’a kid as he is being talked up fairly heavily.
I didn’t notice him much last year, if at all...I’m intrigued.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I hope people are right about about this To’a kid as he is being talked up fairly heavily.
I didn’t notice him much last year, if at all...I’m intrigued.
I’m not expecting him to be a super star .. just think he’s better than what we’ve currently got, which to be fair isn’t much lol

81% tackle efficiency, he will feel right at home amongst our glittering backline.

He’s got a season to lift it to 90% to get a shot to join us on our day in the nrl sunlight.

One of Strykers individuals to watch I guess.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
His inclusion in our starting 13 will more be a testament to our lack of outside backs than our faith in his ability.

Regardless, the kid is talented and has his whole career in front of him. If laziness is an issue then it will be whipped out of him very quickly under Madge.

I genuinely hope he finds form at centre. We desperately need it

Tiger05

First Grade
Junior Tapau looks like being our best hope of finally unearthing a centre who can hold his own in the top grade.

We have options in the centres now. Kepaoa, Gildart, To’a, Talau & Taupau are all valid options. Doueihi can play there as well but hopefully he is working on being a half. Roberts could come good as well but I doubt it.

Surely at least one of those players work out over the next couple of years. We've recruited really well in probably our worst position but none of those guys are sure bets.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I feel like Gidart will either go very well for us or be a complete flop. Playing for England isn't the same as playing for a Tier 2 nation, you have to be very good to get a spot. HOWEVER, defence has always been a huge problem for England team, and the ESL. If he can show he can defend at an NRL standard then I think he will be our best centre. If not then I doubt he will see out his contract, citing "homesickness" as an issue

Vic Mackey

Referee
I feel like Gidart will either go very well for us or be a complete flop. Playing for England isn't the same as playing for a Tier 2 nation, you have to be very good to get a spot. HOWEVER, defence has always been a huge problem for England team, and the ESL. If he can show he can defend at an NRL standard then I think he will be our best centre. If not then I doubt he will see out his contract, citing "homesickness" as an issue

He’s a bit of a Hail Mary signing. If you watch his 2018/19 highlights he was electric and I have no doubt would have been great in the NRL. Had a bad injury in 2020 which made him miss most of the year and was poor for Wigan in 2021.

He came over here at 25 which is a good age. Word is his fitness is back to 100% so hoping we can see the explosive speed and footwork that had him playing for England at 21.