What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelogical

Referee
People who carry on like you can be annoying. No offence but you are Australian. For whatever reasons your family left Serbia for a better life. Just as mine left Malta.
And at this point we took on the new way of life. Of course we keep our traditions but f**k we don't broadcast to the whole world where we are from. We just live our life.
No wonder you have a thing for rabbits.

strider

Post Whore
I don’t think you understand what happened today. There was no decision about vaccines, the unvaccinated, medical exemptions, natural immunity from recent infections or special exemptions which benefit the community.

Djokovic lost because the law, drafted by the current government, was designed to make the Minister’s decisions immune from judicial review.

As much as some people might like the result, this was a politically advantageous position for strong borders by a government who are already in election mode.

So I think your focus on Joker being influential or not is moot.
djokovic being influential is literally exactly was the all day snoozefest was discussing

so yeah, I must be somehow entirely missing the waste of time today

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile, the Cock won his first tournament last night and the Fed sent him a note. 🙌

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If the sentiment in this thread is any reflection of the australian population, then i think it makes a mockery of the reasoning behind it all and the decision.

Its quite obvious most aussies hate him and he has no influence over them whatsoever ... to claim he is gonna make any difference to what people are doing here is laughable.
*winnable.

It worked in the context of the case but is laughably untrue in real life.

Bandwagon

Staff member
If the sentiment in this thread is any reflection of the australian population, then i think it makes a mockery of the reasoning behind it all and the decision.

Its quite obvious most aussies hate him and he has no influence over them whatsoever ... to claim he is gonna make any difference to what people are doing here is laughable.

I think there's a difference between "hate' and thinking he got what he deserved.

That said, he f**ked up making a thing of it on the socials when he got his exemption, plenty of folks got pissed about it.

And it's worth mentioning, the behaviour of the protestors outside his quarantine hotel did him no favours at all, they pretty much made the case that his influence could cause unrest by example.

Anyways, it's all a clusterf**k regardless of the result, no merkin won anything.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Good stuff! As Aussies we can all celebrate our victory, unless y'know, we hate the federal government. In which case we can side with the wealthy, entitled foreign athlete.

......or we can be happy that they've all displayed they're clowns in a situation that has zero ramifications for anyone outside of the circus ring.

Gronk

Staff member
A victory for the Australian government yeah, but not for Aussies, despite what they think.
There are some who will look at the decision superficially, like suck shit antivaxer twit. Some will see it as a victory for merkins who are sick of privilege opening doors. Finally some will see it as a reinforcement and opportune highlighting of a shoddy teflon government who seem to have a habbit of f**king things up, but somehow get away with it.

Edit: oh I forgot the people who just don’t give a crap either way.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Didn’t Cam Smith finish like a world record 36 under to win in Hawaii?
USPGA record.

-34. 2nd was -33 and 3rd was -32. All top 3 players beat the previous record on one of the easiest tracks on tour.

The -22 component today wasn't as impressive as the 11 shot winning margin. Blew the rest of the field away. Its only his 4th tournament as a pro and he is 22 years old.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
......or we can be happy that they've all displayed they're clowns in a situation that has zero ramifications for anyone outside of the circus ring.
I'm not seeing how they're clowns. A celebrity tried to take them on (every government has people who want to see them challenged) and lost, very publicly. What was the cost to Australia? What was the cost to the government? You've admitted there's no consequences, so the only reason you think they've come out of this poorly is confirmation bias.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'm not seeing how they're clowns. A celebrity tried to take them on (every government has people who want to see them challenged) and lost, very publicly. What was the cost to Australia? What was the cost to the government? You've admitted there's no consequences, so the only reason you think they've come out of this poorly is confirmation bias.

.Not all clowns have red noses and big feet.

And I've "admitted" no such thing, if you're going to attempt to analyse my statements in order to draw conclusions as to my motivations, it's probably better to use statements I actually make.

Latest posts