What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
Wrong again. You should watch some of last seasons games again.
Watched them all a few times. He simply can't ballplay at all. 15 years ago Edwards would have been an elite fullback but the game has moved on, sides figured us out at the end of the year and were shutting down Nathan and Luai. We had nothing out the back to challenge them with

CCJohnC

Juniors
Watched them all a few times. He simply can't ballplay at all. 15 years ago Edwards would have been an elite fullback but the game has moved on, sides figured us out at the end of the year and were shutting down Nathan and Luai. We had nothing out the back to challenge them with
I think injuries at the end of last season had some impact don't you?

murraymob

Coach
At what point did they figure us out .Was it full time after the grand final or during the victory parade as the buses went to the ground

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Some of the hyperbolic reactions to the Kenny extension are insane. Couldn’t get a run at any other NRL club? You’d think we’d just re-signed Sione Katoa or something. Kenny is not as good as Koroisau, we get it. The problem is there are no elite hookers on the market.

The club hedged their bets, thankfully they aren’t as naive as some posters who want to pin all our hopes on an unproven teenager who’ll probably play cricket anyway. If Kenny develops in the next 12 months, great, if not we reassess then.

Well said. The games that Kenny played hooker he didn't let anyone down. 55 tackles against the Storm....the game Penrith won without Cleary 12-10. Those who pronounce doom and gloom, are the old stagers at it again.

Original Name

Juniors
Saying he can't pass is an exaggeration. He has displayed some quick hands a handful of times or just played an overlap a handful of times. Rather than the slick quick hands or an extravagant cut out it's more squaring up consistently that he doesn't do.

maple_69

Bench
The other thing is our movement to the right is generally pretty sloppy. Critta chimed into a couple nice movements when he was fullback with freakish passes which he is capable of but the final pass out there is always under way more pressure than Luai typically deals with on the left. We need to improve the fluency of the whole edge to add some potency and make us less predictable and fullback is one of 8 guys that play a role in that.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Some of the hyperbolic reactions to the Kenny extension are insane. Couldn’t get a run at any other NRL club? You’d think we’d just re-signed Sione Katoa or something. Kenny is not as good as Koroisau, we get it. The problem is there are no elite hookers on the market.

The club hedged their bets, thankfully they aren’t as naive as some posters who want to pin all our hopes on an unproven teenager who’ll probably play cricket anyway. If Kenny develops in the next 12 months, great, if not we reassess then.
@martielang care to weigh in here brother..?

Whino

Bench
I found the cricket boring this year. Same old every 4 years. Thrashings. I would have liked a bit competitiveness. I can't watch 4-0 or 5-0 scorelines every 4 years.
I am actually looking forward to the series in England in 18 months time. We are getting closer to winning over there and the Poms usually put up a fight in England.

Iamback

Coach
I found the cricket boring this year. Same old every 4 years. Thrashings. I would have liked a bit competitiveness. I can't watch 4-0 or 5-0 scorelines every 4 years.
I am actually looking forward to the series in England in 18 months time. We are getting closer to winning over there and the Poms usually put up a fight in England.

Which is why I found the whinging about the blowouts over the top. Cricket most years is a blowout in fact most sports are now

Munky

Coach
Which is why I found the whinging about the blowouts over the top. Cricket most years is a blowout in fact most sports are now

I've said elsewhere that analytics across all sports are going to cause blow outs.

If you know an athlete's exploitable deficiencies you run the same plays over and over.

No reason to do anything else.

It takes good coaching and hard work to eliminate them.

I'd love to see what advanced metrics are sold to NRL teams by the stat providers or even if teams have their own staff creating metrics from film analysis.

Kilkenny

Coach
If your the real deal at Cricket, we’ll that’s where the big money is. At the elite level your earning capacity far exceeds even the top earners in the NRL, particularly if you are good enough to play all three forms of the game.