What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haze is fit and will be ready to go, he's not really spent much time on the injured list, he's been pretty reliable in general.

A lot will depend on the pitches and no doubt they will be typical sub continent pitches. I'd really like to see us give the leggie a go.

Eelogical

Referee
I’d be delighted…

Warner’s one opener and I reckon Uzzie will probably fare better with a new ball in the sub-continent (however I was against his move up the order in the last test but what do you do after he gets 2 tons). Marnus and Smith are obvious 3 and 4s with Head at 5. Green’s done enough to keep his spot at 6 and I think we’ll need the extra pace bowler over there in the heat, especially if one breaks down. I don’t rate Carey at all but he’ll get the nod first up. Cummins is a lock and I don’t think you can ignore Boland’s dominance. I’d certainly consider rotating Starc and Richardson and perhaps Boland and Hazewood throughout the tour though. I think it could also be time to look at Swepson at some stage. Whether that’s instead of or as well as Gary will depend on the pitch.
I agree with most of this but I personally think that Warner is past his used by date. The only thing saving Warner is there is nobody available that the selectors would back to replace him. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I tend to agree regarding Warner but they wont drop him, he'll have to retire.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I agree with most of this but I personally think that Warner is past his used by date. The only thing saving Warner is there is nobody available that the selectors would back to replace him. I could be wrong, just my opinion.
I tend to agree but I think they’ll at least give him another Australian summer.

Eelogical

Referee
Haze is fit and will be ready to go, he's not really spent much time on the injured list, he's been pretty reliable in general.

A lot will depend on the pitches and no doubt they will be typical sub continent pitches. I'd really like to see us give the leggie a go.
Which leggie, Twizz? I'm a cricket fan but not always up to date on such matters.

Eelogical

Referee
I tend to agree regarding Warner but they wont drop him, he'll have to retire.
The Poms worked him out. The sub-continent boys will be using the same tactics. He's done in my opinion. He was shit in England, shit this Ashes series and should be punted. Take a risk on the next generation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Poms worked him out. The sub-continent boys will be using the same tactics. He's done in my opinion. He was shit in England, shit this Ashes series and should be punted. Take a risk on the next generation.

agree with all that but that's not how our selectors think

they'll say he has a great record and deserves his spot in the team, blah blah. It'll be Matthew Hayden MKII, they don't have the nads to drop him

Eelogical

Referee
agree with all that but that's not how our selectors think

they'll say he has a great record and deserves his spot in the team, blah blah. It'll be Matthew Hayden MKII, they don't have the nads to drop him
Fair enough. Too bad though that they can't see what the average punter sees. I figure internal politics and all that.

The pitches in India will not bounce like those here, so the English method per se will not be particularly effective. That said, they may well open the bowling with R Ashwin, which will give him (and any left-hander) quite a few things to think about.

If we had a next generation 'star' with dominant first class performances, I'd agree with you. But we don't' (at the moment).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looks to have been Travis Head initially but all the boys motioned for him to come and join them, including Paddy

Happy MEel

First Grade
looks to have been Travis Head initially but all the boys motioned for him to come and join them, including Paddy

Yeah looks like Head motioned first but I think it was Cummins that told them to hold the booze for a bit. Great stuff all round.

Latest posts