What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Everyone should visit a prison (a functioning one) at least once in their life. It’s hell on earth. They always give me the creeps.
I’ve been to the Tower of London and parked outside Parramatta Gaol going to the footy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeh but people can tell whether or not they can reliably get a hospital / ICU bed when they need one. That's the magic level of 'acceptable' deaths. If we avoid that situation, people will be ok with it (obviously not 'happy' about things).
The vast majority of voters never need a hospital bed either though. Again, that's a very niche section of the constituency. It will be addressed with promises of increased hospital funding rather than putting every merkin's life on pause.

The vast majority of voters never need a hospital bed either though. Again, that's a very niche section of the constituency. It will be addressed with promises of increased hospital funding rather than putting every merkin's life on pause.
'Health system on the verge of collapse' was a recurring theme well before this latest malarkey.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it would have been, and still might. Aren't they banning over 65s with Covid from ICU somewhere or was that bullshit? Anyway, it looks like the health system in NSW is struggling right now: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...aff-protest-over-excessive-overtime/100763994

Here in WA we don't have anything like the capacity you have in NSW. We are not looking forward to the borders opening. I have a mate who is a nurse and he reckons the hospitals here won't cope.

But also, it was a recurring theme because the media loves high drama, and also because political opportunists saw it as an opportunity to stick the boot into various Federal and state governments. You'd think eventually people will stop blaming government and just realise it's bad luck. Case in point is the US, where Covid used to be Trump's fault but now is nobody's fault, according to the media.

84 Baby

Referee
Well it would have been, and still might. Aren't they banning over 65s with Covid from ICU somewhere or was that bullshit? Anyway, it looks like the health system in NSW is struggling right now: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01...aff-protest-over-excessive-overtime/100763994

Here in WA we don't have anything like the capacity you have in NSW. We are not looking forward to the borders opening. I have a mate who is a nurse and he reckons the hospitals here won't cope.

But also, it was a recurring theme because the media loves high drama, and also because political opportunists saw it as an opportunity to stick the boot into various Federal and state governments. You'd think eventually people will stop blaming government and just realise it's bad luck. Case in point is the US, where Covid used to be Trump's fault but now is nobody's fault, according to the media.
A male nurse? I don’t think I can trust anything you say anymore.

I haven't heard the over 65's thing but I'd say the situation has been made much worse by the vaccine mandate for all health care workers.

Yeh, but if they think they might, and they observe that the beds are full, they aint going to like.

emjaycee

Coach
I have done so to visit a husband of a now deceased friend of my ex.
Yes, it was creepy.
Brother of my ex was/is a career criminal (if drug user that keeps stealing other peoples shit is a career).
I was designated driver to take MIL for monthly visits. Been to Long Bay, Goulburn, Parklea, Bathurst, Lithgow and all more than once.

84 Baby

Referee
He even describes himself as a male nurse. Ironic humour or some shit. He used to be an army merkin.
I’ll admit I know a male midwife. Or male labor and delivery nurse as the correct term.
People are always concerned about how comfortable the women are to have a man grabbing into their junk. He says most women once labor kicks in do not give a f**k.
Plus he’s as gay as the ace of spades

Latest posts