What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
f**k. New theory needed by the brains trust on here

Dont get me wrong I do think he does the defensive organisation very well, probably better than most but I think some go overboard with it as he has some limitations on the attacking side. There was no noticeable drop off in our points in our defence when he was out. His real strength is kick returning and ball running. He is safe under the high ball most of the time, he was exceptional in this area through the finals but he does have his games where he will drop a couple. Overall he is a very good fullback but there is no doubt he struggles with the ball playing at times blows opportunities because of it.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If it was my side I'd have Staines start at fullback in NSW cup and see how he goes.
If he looks the goods I would move Edwarfs to centre. He runs hard and defends well. I can not see him failing in that position.
If there is a reserve grade I agree.

I’d start with Taylan May on the wing, I can see him being up there with Bizza.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Why? I love Api, he’s one of the gun hookers in the comp, but he’s leaving next year and due to his anti-vax stance, who knows how many games he’ll miss this year.

Shawn Blore has the potential to fill the Kikau void, plus he’s best mates with most of our team. Why would you not want to bring him back?

roofromoz

First Grade
Top of my head.
John Cartwright and Jed.
David Cartwright and Bryce.
Bob Landers and Kurt.
Mark Levy and Chris.
Gary Pethybridge and Scott.
Could be others.

I think that's it, someone else mentioned Paul and Greg Gibson.

There was Bruce Delaney in 1970 and then Anslem and Doug in the 1980/1990s. Anslem and Bruce were brothers, but AFAIK know were not sons to Bruce (but there may be some other family relationship still). Bruce was recruited from Goulburn, stayed 1 or 2 years and left (assumed back to Goulburn), whilst Doug was a Mt Druitt junior.

There are other ex-players who had sons in the lower grades - Zak Mackay (Graham), Reed Izzard (Craig), Logan Geyer (Mark), Corey Waddell (Steve), and Cowen Epere (Sandy played 1 match in 1993)

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why? I love Api, he’s one of the gun hookers in the comp, but he’s leaving next year and due to his anti-vax stance, who knows how many games he’ll miss this year.

Shawn Blore has the potential to fill the Kikau void, plus he’s best mates with most of our team. Why would you not want to bring him back?
We are defending premiers with an excellent chance to go back to back and Api is probably our 3rd most important player. If he goes I highly doubt we can win the comp

Whino

Bench

There was Bruce Delaney in 1970 and then Anslem and Doug in the 1980/1990s. Anslem and Bruce were brothers, but AFAIK know were not sons to Bruce (but there may be some other family relationship still). Bruce was recruited from Goulburn, stayed 1 or 2 years and left (assumed back to Goulburn), whilst Doug was a Mt Druitt junior.

There are other ex-players who had sons in the lower grades - Zak Mackay (Graham), Reed Izzard (Craig), Logan Geyer (Mark), Corey Waddell (Steve), and Cowen Epere (Sandy played 1 match in 1993)

I think Jim Jones son Sam, was in the lower grades a few years back too.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We are defending premiers with an excellent chance to go back to back and Api is probably our 3rd most important player. If he goes I highly doubt we can win the comp
That’s if he can play. As it stands, he can’t play outside of NSW.

I agree he’s important. But important players sitting on the sidelines aren’t any help to us.

I’m massive Api fan, I don’t won’t him to leave, but he is and he’s also limited his game time by refusing to get vaccinated.

Goonji

Juniors

Anslem and Bruce were not brothers. Anslem and Doug are brothers. No relation to Bruce.