What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Exactly. Sad isn't it. Still looking for relevance in 2022.

You would be one the last people on the forum I would seek relevance from lol.

I can live without your snide remarks and general bad humour.

You’re good for 3 posts a year when you’re on your game about the footy.

That smugster Panther was getting cheeky about the Tigers and deserved a come uppance.

Anyway, a young player is badly injured, let’s worry about him. Someone should start a thread of support.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Except Api, Blorey, Laurie, Tamou etc. Paps?

You’re under forum citizens arrest nuncle, no bail.

Dont try to talk to Janey or Alice in the women’s cells either.

You let Burto go without a fight.

Smug will be your undoing. Makes a change from harbouring arrogant misogynistic perverts I guess.
If you are going to comment, get your facts straight first. The Panthers made a reasonable offer to Burton, it is rumored that the money the Bulldogs offered was massive.

Kilkenny

Coach
No I don’t sorry, maybe Kilkenny will know
I didn’t go to the trials yesterday, wasn’t aware there were any and I looked beforehand.

I hope Jesse McLean is Ok.

I am pleased Dylan has resigned with us although the two year deal is a little perplexing. Sort of an in between deal really given the new Dolphins franchise. I assume we have given him a significant upgrade on what he was earning. He deserves it.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Except Api, Blorey, Laurie, Tamou etc. Paps?

You’re under forum citizens arrest nuncle, no bail.

Dont try to talk to Janey or Alice in the women’s cells either.

You let Burto go without a fight.

Smug will be your undoing. Makes a change from harbouring arrogant misogynistic perverts I guess.
In respect of Matt Burton we wanted to keep him obviously but at the time we couldn’t match what the Dogs offered which by reports in the media was only around $450k a season. Personally I think his manager did him a disservice and had he of held off, after his form in 2021 he would have commanded significantly more.

murraymob

First Grade
If you are going to comment, get your facts straight first. The Panthers made a reasonable offer to Burton, it is rumored that the money the Bulldogs offered was massive.
No
He left for the opportunity to play in the halves.the dogs got him at a bargain price

Kilkenny

Coach
No
He left for the opportunity to play in the halves.the dogs got him at a bargain price
And given there massive recruitment drive Gould has no room to manoeuvre to upgrade his deal, certainly not in the short term. He is at the Bulldogs on a deal significantly under his current market value.

In respect of Matt Burton we wanted to keep him obviously but at the time we couldn’t match what the Dogs offered which by reports in the media was only around $450k a season. Personally I think his manager did him a disservice and had he of held off, after his form in 2021 he would have commanded significantly more.

Yes, I heard it was closer to $500k, the kind of money Corey Allan is on.

He was simply sensational last year and I’m calling him a future Kangaroo, if not more.

I think he is the kind of player, you can build a team around. Plus he’s versatile.

Also, Nate was playing with that injury last year and I saw Burto as a massive relief of pressure and real option to take some of the heat off.

Burto should not be asked to get up out of bed for less than $650.00

You’re holding onto some players that I’m not totally comfy with from a Panther perspective.

Kiks is not one of these. He’s been on the decline.

If the price was right for Dylan, that’s ok.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes, I heard it was closer to $500k, the kind of money Corey Allan is on.

He was simply sensational last year and I’m calling him a future Kangaroo, if not more.

I think he is the kind of player, you can build a team around. Plus he’s versatile.

Also, Nate was playing with that injury last year and I saw Burto as a massive relief of pressure and real option to take some of the heat off.

Burto should not be asked to get up out of bed for less than $650.00

You’re holding to some players that I’m not comfy with.

Kiks is not one of these. He’s been on the decline.
We are living proof of the challenges of adherence to a salary cap.

We have complied with our obligations and in this past two seasons have been forced into a situation where we were unable to retain Hetherington, Tetevano, Burton, Laurie, Momo and Capewell there are others less well known. Kikau and Api leaving in 2023.

I think it’s rather sad, we are going thru this pain, I’m not sure other successful sides in recent times have undergone such roster upheaval.

We are living proof of the challenges of adherence to a salary cap.

We have complied with our obligations and in this past two seasons have been forced into a situation where we were unable to retain Hetherington, Tetevano, Burton, Laurie, Momo and Capewell there are others less well known. Kikau and Api leaving in 2023.

I think it’s rather sad, we are going thru this pain, I’m not sure other successful sides in recent times have undergone such roster upheaval.

I think the average turnover of players is about 23-30% in any given year and the real odds of winning the comp with so many variables at play is in theory currently 1 in 16.

Something has to give I guess, especially if you have solid juniors pushing for spots.

That nz scouting was curious of itself. A bit of intrigue.

A large number of injuries were made public after the finals, Nates shoulder sounds like it is much more serious than publicised.

Straight into surgery I heard.

DinkyDi

Juniors
It’s well known that the Dogs are paying him unders for what he is now.

Murray is correct, he left for a starting halves position. It’s unfortunate that no one really knew he was going to be a gun centre.
No one can say that he left for the starting halves position. He was offered a contract, most likely with a hefty pay rise. No doubt the Bulldogs offered more, and now, thanks to the Panthers, they will be getter a much improved player, with a grand final win under his belt.

Last edited:
He’s a gold plated player who said he wanted different opportunities.

And he accepted what most people regard is unders.

The dogs seem to be building a pretty handy side from a long way back, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I’m pretty interested to see what he can do with Dufty, especially his defence, because his attack can be electrifying.

Hook thinks it’s irredeemable. I like Hook.

I wonder what Trent and co can do with him.

Open mind always at the start of the season with players.

Last edited:
Not my opinion well documented. gould has been quoted as saying there not against upgrading him

He was far and away the standout of the younger Panthers.

21, Dally M Centre of the year.

Hes about the best youngster I’ve seen since Andrew Johns.

He will find the going a bit tougher at the dogs, but that’s a challenge he will overcome and then some.