What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Plenty of desperate teams too. I like to compare to the sides we will be competing with. Roosters are a good example with Sam Walker in and out of the side needed more footy against adults.

Those guys you mentioned are likely in that same boat

Tago for example hasn't even played a full NRL game. Yet is going to play 30 full games straight at an elite level?

I can't see it

The guys you have mentioned are particularly small rookies. Cherry picking a couple of guys doesnt prove much imo. Staines got through 20 games and walker palyed 21 so they dont really back up the point you are trying to make in any case.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
That’s how I see it and I honestly think people are underestimating the might and the power of 2021.

Nate may be fine now, but every player the game knows his shoulder is dodgy and it’s only going to take one or two poundings to invite reoccurrence. It required surgery. It’s still healing.

Also, my recollection is that you had a good run with injury last season. Stars aligning.

I think it’s appropriate not to raise expectations too high and play it by ear.

That’s not to be unkind, just realistic.

You have no idea about Nathans shoulder. He would still be rehabbing if it was still healing not back at normal training. They wont play Nathan until he is fully healed which means he will have the same chance of re-injury as any other player who has ever had surgery, to suggest it is going to hamper him next season is just silly. And we didnt really have a good run with injuries last year, our finals run was hampered bu injuries. Our best half and best prop were busted along with Dylan ad a number of other player carrying lesser injuries.

You have no idea about Nathans shoulder. He would still be rehabbing if it was still healing not back at normal training. They wont play Nathan until he is fully healed which means he will have the same chance of re-injury as any other player who has ever had surgery, to suggest it is going to hamper him next season is just silly. And we didnt really have a good run with injuries last year, our finals run was hampered bu injuries. Our best half and best prop were busted along with Dylan ad a number of other player carrying lesser injuries.

I’m not talking about other players, I’m talking about Nathan. Did you read the reports about him late last year? Hanging by threads etc.

On the balance of the whole of last season, you did have luck with injuries. I stand by that.

You forget that he’s not just any other player, he’s Uber Marquee and I consider his well being and health quite essential to a robust campaign.

As for his serious injury being totally healed in an off season, because he’s back at training you're kidding.

As submitted, I say he’s going to be strapped up and a bit ginger for many months. The side will need to nurture and protect him, thus a reduction in risk. You really don’t want him flattened once to often.

Regrettably, that will be a priority for most other teams. He’s too valuable.

DrStange

Juniors
I’ve been searching, I can’t find it.

I hate bad injuries and as a game, we aren’t doing nearly enough.
It was a head/neck injury. He was tackled played the ball then sort of stumbled out to the centre’s then fell to the ground. They had the neck brace on him. Will find out some more details

betcats

Referee
I’m not talking about other players, I’m talking about Nathan. Did you read the reports about him late last year? Hanging by threads etc.

On the balance of the whole of last season, you did have luck with injuries. I stand by that.

You forget that he’s not just any other player, he’s Uber Marquee and I consider his well being and health quite essential to a robust campaign.

As for his serious injury being totally healed in an off season, because he’s back at training you're kidding.

As submitted, I say he’s going to be strapped up and a bit ginger for many months.

You are talking shit, he won't be playing injured so it wont be be hampered by it. They won't play him until its healed there is no reason to play him at the start of the year until he is right, and if he wasnt already close to healed he would just be in the rehab crew. Suggesting he will be hampered for most of the season is just talking out of your ass.

Iamback

Coach
The guys you have mentioned are particularly small rookies. Cherry picking a couple of guys doesnt prove much imo. Staines got through 20 games and walker palyed 21 so they dont really back up the point you are trying to make in any case.

When was the last time Storm or Roosters had a rookie play a whole season 1st up?

Staines didn't make the 17 in the big games
Walker was off the bench in the Finals

So while they got game time when the big decisions were made they missed out. Walker especially will have a big year this year. Just needs more games

We are likely to have 2-3 rookies in the side come finals time.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Tidbits
Hearing our reserve grade centres could be locals from here. Tom Jenkins and Matt Stimson
Angus Crichton has had a couple of games of golf with Uncle Nick after Christmas and poor old Uncle Nick's game has gone to Gowings. Was told Angus would be staying put.
Can't afford to lose Api this year. Need a hooker who can run, otherwise big traffic would be coming Cleary's way.

betcats

Referee
When was the last time Storm or Roosters had a rookie play a whole season 1st up?

Staines didn't make the 17 in the big games
Walker was off the bench in the Finals

So while they got game time when the big decisions were made they missed out. Walker especially will have a big year this year. Just needs more games

We are likely to have 2-3 rookies in the side come finals time.

Any player can injured of course there will be injuries. I dont pay enough attention to the roosters or storm rookies to answer that.

I do know that your orginal comment that players don't improve if they dont play doesnt really add up. How many games did Sam walker play in 2020? Cause he had and incredible 2021 for an 18 year old. How many games did Daine Lauire play in 2020? He was awesome in 2021 playing in a team that lost more than they won. Josh Schuster had an incredible 2021 for a rookie who would not of played much in 2020. Burton played a handful of games in 2020 and was a star in 2021. That is just off the top of my head, there would've been plenty of guys of made big imrpovements without playing much footy in 2020. If tago gets injured we have depth to cover it he doesnt have to play an entire season for us to be as good or better than we were.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If Silverdale thinks Penrith had a 'good run with injuries in 2021' Perhaps a visit to spec savers and a hearing aid place is in order.

This is Nathan's 1st major surgery.

Many players have had up to 3 shoulder reconditionings by the time they are Cleary's age.

He wouldn't be back training full time, if it wasn't healed. Fact.

Silverdale not every clubs runs their rehab crew the way Wests Tigers do.

Penrith are well known for being leaders in the NRL with injury and performance management. Getting through 2021 finals with Edwards broken foot, To'o ankle' and Cleary's shoulder proves that.

Blues Riff

Bench
In regards to Burtons contract, it might look like unders now but it wasnt when he signed it in 2020. The idea we let him go with out much of a fight is plain wrong. He knocked back the dogs first offer and was staying with us, wasnt until the dogs upped their offer that he left.
There was also the Laundryman's little visit to Dubbo (nothing suss). It wouldn't surprise me if he had a nice holiday in Fiji too.

It was a head/neck injury. He was tackled played the ball then sort of stumbled out to the centre’s then fell to the ground. They had the neck brace on him. Will find out some more details

Cheers.

Hoping it’s precautionary.

We may have to gear up re NFL In the future, limit the force used and style of tackle.

You are talking shit, he won't be playing injured so it wont be be hampered by it. They won't play him until its healed there is no reason to play him at the start of the year until he is right, and if he wasnt already close to healed he would just be in the rehab crew. Suggesting he will be hampered for most of the season is just talking out of your ass.

You put words in my mouth, phoning it in with unrealistically optimistic expectations.

Due to his injury, surgery and recovery time you are not going to get last years Nate.

The talent to nurture him is not what it was.

Shoulder injuries can take months and months to heal.

Let’s see if I’m right and then hopefully you will be man enough apologise.

If Silverdale thinks Penrith had a 'good run with injuries in 2021' Perhaps a visit to spec savers and a hearing aid place is in order.

This is Nathan's 1st major surgery.

Many players have had up to 3 shoulder reconditionings by the time they are Cleary's age.

He wouldn't be back training full time, if it wasn't healed. Fact.

Silverdale not every clubs runs their rehab crew the way Wests Tigers do.

Penrith are well known for being leaders in the NRL with injury and performance management. Getting through 2021 finals with Edwards broken foot, To'o ankle' and Cleary's shoulder proves that.

You think all injuries are the same? Ffs lol.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
He always talks shit. If everyone ignored him he would go away.

DinkyDi

Juniors
You put words in my mouth, phoning it in with unrealistically optimistic expectations.

Due to his injury, surgery and recovery time you are not going to get last years Nate.

The talent to nurture him is not what it was.

Shoulder injuries can take months and months to heal.

Let’s see if I’m right and then hopefully you will be man enough apologise.
Nathan played through the final series with a busted shoulder.