What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

hmmmmm!!!??? Cfmeu lads ? pouring concrete foundations after dark ? Anyone seen Scomo about this morning ?
7pm isnt dark yet. Having worked in concrete at the airport a lot, we'd be doing them all night so the planes can land on the runway by the morning.
Also when we built a whole bay there'd be 12-13 hour days doing it if the weather suited, rain and wind were the hardest things to deal with. Pending on what types of concrete you are pouring, slumps needed, temperatures etc, to fulfil the pass mark technically are all fathomed into the weather, and if you need to keep going you just do it.

7pm isnt dark yet. Having worked in concrete at the airport a lot, we'd be doing them all night so the planes can land on the runway by the morning.
Also when we built a whole bay there'd be 12-13 hour days doing it if the weather suited, rain and wind were the hardest things to deal with. Pending on what types of concrete you are pouring, slumps needed, temperatures etc, to fulfil the pass mark technically are all fathomed into the weather, and if you need to keep going you just do it.
My son in law is a concreter . more a union rep now. Hates scomo with a passion . It was just my poor attempt at a joke. Not meant as disrespect to the workers who do the job.

Quigs

Immortal
My son in law is a concreter . more a union rep now. Hates scomo with a passion . It was just my poor attempt at a joke. Not meant as disrespect to the workers who do the job.
like-4lu.jpg

shadowboxer

First Grade
Nice one - drove past yesterday heading towards nulla and a shot from the eastern entry gates across shows how much is going on. The wife did ask “Panthers 2.0”?

Special K

Coach
It will be a f**ken game changer if they can confirm some other good shops there. Woolies alone means I’ll probably never go to Miranda again with the movies in Cronulla back.

Caringbah people can stick with their woolies/coles please and thank you.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Family does the grocery shopping Saturday morning…
“Want some lunch?”
“yeah good idea, let’s go to the club, the entry is right there…”

shaggs

Coach
It’s going to have a Dan Murphy’s and Aldi plus a 110 place child care centre and a massive gym. Likely UFC brand

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Looks like it's gonna tick a lot of boxes. The old leagues club was always a bit of a white elephant on its own. This new precinct will give the punters plenty of reasons to have a full day and/or night out rather than going to the footy then kicking on elsewhere. Can't wait to check out the finished product.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It’s smart business. Think about what other footy teams have vs what we will soon have.

No longer is it enough to have big crowds (no club in Sydney does go be fair). We will have two premises (more to come) with increased patronage to increase the income.

What does saints leagues have going for it?

Special K

Coach
I believe the Dan Murphy’s got rejected by the government or whatever due to concerns about having it so close to shark park on game day. Or was that just some rumour? Would be a great spot for one.