What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

No he had a poor finals series and a horrendous game that we survived through sheer luck. Point being Tago just has to be anonymous for him to be an improvement on Burton in the finals.
Burton is an exceptional talent, but he gave away too many penalties , also developed a habit of Hail Marys over his head which could have cost us in PF v Storm. Bulldogs have a special talent.

chrisD

Coach
In your opinion.
Well yeah. Do you disagree? How short is your memory? I mean we can go over his whole final series if you like, you think that's going to end well for your point?

The silence about Burton in the final series around here was f**king deafening and should give you a hint. Imagine if Momo had the shithouse final series Burton had? The amount of shit piled on by the always wrong about every possible thing muppets around here would still be going on. Instead be glad you get me every now and then popping in to point out the reality they're all just hoping everyone will forget or let them gloss over.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well yeah. Do you disagree? How short is your memory? I mean we can go over his whole final series if you like, you think that's going to end well for your point?

The silence about Burton in the final series around here was f**king deafening and should give you a hint. Imagine if Momo had the shithouse final series Burton had? The amount of shit piled on by the always wrong about every possible thing muppets around here would still be going on. Instead be glad you get me every now and then popping in to point out the reality they're all just hoping everyone will forget or let them gloss over.
In case you've missed it. Burton has moved on and will not be playing for Penrith in 2022.

The past is the past. Penrith won the trophy. Re-hashing this achieves nothing,

DinkyDi

Juniors

For once, why can't you, or shall I say won't, you accept that we all having differing opinions? Oh that's right, you think that your opinion is the only one that matters. Get over yourself.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
No excuses this year for spencer leniu..has to be the season ivan trusts him more and gives him proper minutes. Atleast 30ish a game imo. He was massivley underutilised last season. He can be a game breaker and we will need him to be a confident high performer when kiks leaves as they both are damaging in similar ways.

Has to be his breakout season and he needs to stamp his authority and put his foot down and play so well in attack and DEFENCE that ivan cant stuff him around and he gets bigger minutes.

Also a big season for critta. Hope to see him get more involved in the centres this year. Want to see him go looking for action and not wait for it yo come out to him. He has a few levels left in him and this needs to be a bit of a stand up year for him. If he wants to play origin etc than he needs to benchmark himself against the best and hes just not at that level yet. He cant do what turbo and latrell did in origin and what joey does for the chooks.

I want to see him take a big step closer to that level this season as we will need it. Defensivley hes been brilliant but will need him to get the right side firing this year.
I would love to see Spencer come off the bench and play backrow...running flat out over halfs somewhat taking them out of the game all together if he does enough dmg to them and forcing them to tackle him 1 on 1 we all know not many players could handle him.

Once Spencer learns to offload he could legit be a Kikau or TPJ style player if not better as he has very fast play the balls.

Spencer will be IMO the most improved player in 2022 in the comp.

Original Name

Juniors
The Martin decoy run drew two defenders which gave Burton a saloon passage.
It was the game plan of targeting Reynolds for his injury. Because he had some kinda groin problem or something the centre didn't have faith in him coming across to make the tackle so he and came in on Martin giving Burton an easy try.

hindy111

Post Whore
If you are going to comment, get your facts straight first. The Panthers made a reasonable offer to Burton, it is rumored that the money the Bulldogs offered was massive.

Burton is apparently on about 500k next season and 600k the following. But after that his 2024 season is in his option.

Two things will happen. He will be upgraded now from 500k to 750k for the next 3 seasons or he will demand 1 mill a season in 2024 onwards.

Burton and his manager knows if he was on the open market now he would of gotten 1 million a season or very very close.
Dolphins,Brisbane,Cowboys,Titans,Raiders,Sharks,Tigers all would of sent it into a war. He made a huge financial error.

Dogs have a bargain. But if they think he will take up his 2024 player option they are dreaming. Not with a pay rise now.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you feel Capewell was that good? Or did the system help him a little?

When the Storm replace a guy and he looks the goods right away is it the player or the coaching staff and system?

Look at Papali'i. How did he go from a bench player to a premium forward in one off season? And why are the Eels constantly producing forwards?

I think its the system more then anything. I will tip Papali'i to go backwards once he goes to the Tigers and by 2023 a few more forwards will look as good at the Eels.
Watch Greig and Ogden. Two rejects from former clubs this season.

So as much as a player must have talent the system is needed to take them to another level.

Burton I think is an exemption being so talented. How will all the other Bulldog players go? Do you think JAC will still be the best winger in game? Will Cotric regain form at Raiders?

Panthers should have cash to spend for sure. The money they paid for RCG AND BLAKE will end this season also.
There is going to be a lot of suprise packets pop up from nowhere and smart clubs no this. Plenty of these 19-20ylds who barely been playing would have been working the gym and physically developing.
Smart clubs are keeping money spare to see which ones do pop up.
Dogs and Tigers have analed themself and won't be in the market. Bennet and the Dolphins will benefit largely and I reckon its why old Wayne is not panicking and signing some older experienced players. He is going to flood the side with hot young talent.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would love to see Spencer come off the bench and play backrow...running flat out over halfs somewhat taking them out of the game all together if he does enough dmg to them and forcing them to tackle him 1 on 1 we all know not many players could handle him.

Once Spencer learns to offload he could legit be a Kikau or TPJ style player if not better as he has very fast play the balls.

Spencer will be IMO the most improved player in 2022 in the comp.

He can't play outside in defence. He would get eaten alive.
I like Leota off the bench.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Burton is apparently on about 500k next season and 600k the following. But after that his 2024 season is in his option.

Two things will happen. He will be upgraded now from 500k to 750k for the next 3 seasons or he will demand 1 mill a season in 2024 onwards.

Burton and his manager knows if he was on the open market now he would of gotten 1 million a season or very very close.
Dolphins,Brisbane,Cowboys,Titans,Raiders,Sharks,Tigers all would of sent it into a war. He made a huge financial error.

Dogs have a bargain. But if they think he will take up his 2024 player option they are dreaming. Not with a pay rise now.
The Bulldogs will be getting an even better player now. Laundry's reaction, in the media, speaks volumes. Hopefully, Burton will return to the Panthers.

hindy111

Post Whore
Let's see how Burton goes. Cause face it. He has been built up as the next immortal it feels like. Most hyped young player in a very long time.
Opposition have yet had a chance to get a good look at him in the halves. A chances to find his weaknesses and too limit his strengths. I think he will rise. But young Sam Walker and Walsh to me look atleast as talented

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Let's see how Burton goes. Cause face it. He has been built up as the next immortal it feels like. Most hyped young player in a very long time.
Opposition have yet had a chance to get a good look at him in the halves. A chances to find his weaknesses and too limit his strengths. I think he will rise. But young Sam Walker and Walsh to me look atleast as talented
I see Burton as a Sutton/Yeo type player in 3 years time. He is pretty big guy. Not sure if 6 is his full time future.