What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ok.

The clues explained before I put it all together

Picture: bj
Sick mum: bj and Lucy
Missing: Excessive Harsh training
Changes: Madge amending his style

After his release bJ went his media rampage about players being too frightened to speak up.

His points were apparently true.

A number of players were criticising Madge behind his back.

This was apparently true.

Madge kept changing systems, players upset with this.

The reason provided to me was that the players felt Madge was working the players too hard and players felt hemmed in. Things were very bad.

The club hierarchy hadn't created an atmosphere of honesty and buying in from players. Apparently, Pascoe not approachable.

BJ realised that he’s never coming back so he just cut loose with hard truths.

When I went back and read his article, he speaks about the Canberra culture and how inclusive and open Ricky was.

Madge seems to have got the message and is reining it in.

The expectation from the player was that unless Madge changes, he will not get through 2022. No chance.

So if people think the article was a gripe by a disappointed angry player, that’s true. But he also used facts to support his case.

This is confirmed by the other player who was let go.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Ok.

The clues explained before I put it all together

Picture: bj
Sick mum: bj and Lucy
Missing: Excessive Harsh training
Changes: Madge amending his style

After his release bJ went his media rampage about players being too frightened to speak up.

His points were apparently true.

A number of players were criticising Madge behind his back.

This was apparently true.

Madge kept changing systems, players upset with this.

The reason provided to me was that the players felt Madge was working the players too hard and players felt hemmed in. Things were very bad.

The club hierarchy hadn't created an atmosphere of honesty and buying in from players. Apparently, Pascoe not approachable.

BJ realised that he’s never coming back so he just cut loose with hard truths.

When I went back and read his article, he speaks about the Canberra culture and how inclusive and open Ricky was.

Madge seems to have got the message and is reining it in.

The expectation from the player was that unless Madge changes, he will not get through 2022. No chance.

So if people think the article was a gripe by a disappointed angry player, that’s true. But he also used facts to support his case.

This is confirmed by the other player who was let go.
Blore doesn't think the training has softened? Do you think Bellamy and others train soft? I read that Bennett isn't that hard, but players play and coaches coach, if the players don't like it, then move on, these blokes are living the dream at around $5k a week, ffs.

I think your points coming from a disaffected player don't hold too much ground, agree Madge did change things at times, but I think that was because we were playing shit.

As for Ricky, wasn't BJ was scathing about him when he left there, as were the poms who played there?

An old saying, "only 17 players will like the coach each week"?

Blore doesn't think the training has softened? Do you think Bellamy and others train soft? I read that Bennett isn't that hard, but players play and coaches coach, if the players don't like it, then move on, these blokes are living the dream at around $5k a week, ffs.

I think your points coming from a disaffected player don't hold too much ground, agree Madge did change things at times, but I think that was because we were playing shit.

As for Ricky, wasn't BJ was scathing about him when he left there, as were the poms who played there?

An old saying, "only 17 players will like the coach each week"?

I’m just reporting back.

Anyone can take it anyway they like.

I appreciate your source, but it’s from the ministry of propaganda! The fake news capital of the nrl!

But don’t assume my revelations are in any way anti-club or anti Madge. On the contrary, my testimony is one of change and hope.

Tiger05

First Grade
I didn't like the silver phantom at first. I have to admit that the man has grown on me over time. Entertaining poster, whether you agree with him or not

I like him as well but I'd prefer if he just came out with whatever he is going to tell us anyway.

For instance I disagree that Madge is too tough or anything like that and if the team isn't training hard I'd be spewing. I am pretty confident they are training hard though.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I like him as well but I'd prefer if he just came out with whatever he is going to tell us anyway.

For instance I disagree that Madge is too tough or anything like that and if the team isn't training hard I'd be spewing. I am pretty confident they are training hard though.
I was happy to play the guessing game only because I was bored at the time and it amused me. Thats all I took it for something to amuse us in the off season.

As for Maguire- I dont know, no doubt he is on his last chance I'd think. Something happened last season between the coach and player group with an obvious disconnect and not performing. Yes, the club supported him and kept him on after a review, but the club stepped in and made changes to his support staff etc despite him apparently not wanting it. So, if the disconnect continues, surely he is out- and soon.

Tigerm

First Grade
I was happy to play the guessing game only because I was bored at the time and it amused me. Thats all I took it for something to amuse us in the off season.

As for Maguire- I dont know, no doubt he is on his last chance I'd think. Something happened last season between the coach and player group with an obvious disconnect and not performing. Yes, the club supported him and kept him on after a review, but the club stepped in and made changes to his support staff etc despite him apparently not wanting it. So, if the disconnect continues, surely he is out- and soon.
I agree, but it depends where the disconnect was coming from? Everyone is under pressure to not repeat last seasons crap?
I just think that you can't fault Madge's effort and knowledge of the game, he doesn't miss tackles, drop balls or do stupid things on the field? It seemed to me, when the going got tough, some players just closed up shop and tanked games.
Anyway, I just hope for a big improvement from the team, and I think we have brought reasonably well, considering we are not a destination club yet? If Hastings fires, then I'm sure he will take he rest of them with him (no pressure 😂 )

Tiger05

First Grade
So, if the disconnect continues, surely he is out- and soon.

I reckon it's just results. The problem is you need a good enough squad and we haven't had that. Still we haven't looked like being well coached since Sheens was here. Cleary got them playing above themselves but it wasn't good footy. Sheens was all over the place as well.

My take is let Madge see out his contract and go from there. We have to win games though.

I am sure Tim is across everything at least.

I also heard the new assistants are not Madge people. Either of them could take charge next year in an emergency.

I’m not really willing to criticise Madge with any real venom whilst Lee came out at the end of the season and said he will remain in charge until he “considers (he) can’t contribute.”

It doesn’t get more arrogant or conceited than that. That’s my honest view.

Madge might agree with me!

Lee’s tenure at the helm to date has been close to catastrophic. F for fail.

He really should step down. An nrl club is not a law firm. He can contribute in many other ways. If he loved the club, he’d see his strengths lie in areas other than leadership. He should happy to give and help, it’s not all about him being a rugby league statesman or whatever.

I’d be happy to give the leadership of the board to a current successful working NRL CEO of some kind. Parachute someone in. Someone who knows what they are doing.

We fix the office, we will get a squad and success will follow.

Last edited:
For all the criticism Lee gets, he's a passionate WT Fan and is our major sponsor,so I can cut him some slack.
Pascoe, on the other hand has overseen 7 failed seasons and has cost us 700k in a Cap fine by mismanaging Robbies contract.

For all the criticism Lee gets, he's a passionate WT Fan and is our major sponsor,so I can cut him some slack.
Pascoe, on the other hand has overseen 7 failed seasons and has cost us 700k in a Cap fine by mismanaging Robbies contract.
Fair enough.

You forgot the Moses 60% off sale to sgi.

We are paying 1.5 times the price of a factory player to another club. A gift.

Whoever negotiated that should be shot on sight.

Do that kind of thing at my work and don’t bother coming in the next day!

Lee is passionate, he is wealthy and it’s nothing personal, but by his own lofty standards, he’s not cutting it.

Nothing personal. He’s just hopeless.

Fair enough.

You forgot the Moses 60% off sale to sgi.

We are paying 1.5 times the price of a factory player to another club. A gift.

Whoever negotiated that should be shot on sight.

Do that kind of thing at my work and don’t bother coming in the next day!

Lee is passionate, he is wealthy and it’s nothing personal, but by his own lofty standards, he’s not cutting it.

Nothing personal. He’s just hopeless.
Pascoe and Hartigan would've negotiated that deal, I doubt Lee has any input into signings. He just needs to stop talking to the media, always ends badly