What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT COVID hypocrisy / confusion

PJ

First Grade
The Palmer ads have started & The Australian is blowing the Scomo trumpet. I hope I’m not in the minority remembering the bungling incompetence of this govt. Regardless of the alternatives we can’t allow this mob to remain in power.

Small sample admittedly but I'm a swinging voter with friends both sides of the political spectrum.

I shan't be voting for Scotty and I would say probably 60-70% of the swing voters and even mild libs I know aren't. None of the Labor leaning guys are saying they are going the other way.

Even my Alan Jones listening mother who hasn't voted Labor at any level since Hawke says there's no way she will vote for Scomo.

The libs are cooked.

R-15-3

Juniors
Putting aside all parties and policies Anthony Albanese has the presence of the leader of a chess club.
How a political party thinks he is the best option to lead them and possibly the county is baffling.

PJ

First Grade
Putting aside all parties and policies Anthony Albanese has the presence of the leader of a chess club.
How a political party thinks he is the best option to lead them and possibly the county is baffling.

Sure, but who is better from either side?

Only one I can think of is Plibersek. For me the cupboard is bare from both sides.

Morrison is fast becoming my least favourite PM of all time, and that's saying something given my thoughts on Rudd.

DJDL

Bench

Only one I can think of is Plibersek. For me the cupboard is bare from both sides.

Morrison is fast becoming my least favourite PM of all time, and that's saying something given my thoughts on Rudd.

🤣🤣🤣

Aaah PJ, you sound like me (aside from the swinging voter bit).

I'm glad I'm no longer living in Australia as I'd find it hard to not vote Liberal, but by God, Scomo has pretty much spent his entire tenure handing the next election to Labor on a platter.

I can't help but hear the remarks of Turnbull, when asked why he had challenged Abbott for the leadership, saying something like "We looked like losing to someone who is utterly, utterly unelectable" (Shorten). The same can now pretty much be said of Scomo.

An absolute buffoon.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Panty sniffer Albanese is the only reason Scomo has a chance in hell at the upcoming election. The natives are restless after almost 2 years in and out of lockdown. Wouldn't have mattered who was in power...they would have struggled given the shit show we've all endured.

shadowboxer

First Grade
🤣🤣🤣

Aaah PJ, you sound like me (aside from the swinging voter bit).

I'm glad I'm no longer living in Australia as I'd find it hard to not vote Liberal, but by God, Scomo has pretty much spent his entire tenure handing the next election to Labor on a platter.

I can't help but hear the remarks of Turnbull, when asked why he had challenged Abbott for the leadership, saying something like "We looked like losing to someone who is utterly, utterly unelectable" (Shorten). The same can now pretty much be said of Scomo.

An absolute buffoon.
Turnbull was a bung hole and outta touch with everyone. Scomo though, agreed he has become next level flog…
He “always believes in miracles” hence not sanctioning or fining Hillsong for their recent concert or extended gathering. Strike 1000
Scomo admitted to the media he never lies and uses his Missus as a shield against any social dilemma with the likes of “well Jenny and I were chatting about that the other night and she agreed…..”
Worst of all is seeing him getting around in his sharks gear.
Bring back Peter Costello

Inferno

Coach

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Neither side offers anything attractive at the moment. I despise Scomo though and will be voting against him.

I wonder what % of people are voting against someone as opposed to voting for someone? I think it would be higher than ever.

You'd think the libs have done enough to lose it but they were also supposed to lose the last election...

PJ

First Grade
That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Neither side offers anything attractive at the moment. I despise Scomo though and will be voting against him.

I wonder what % of people are voting against someone as opposed to voting for someone? I think it would be higher than ever.

You'd think the libs have done enough to lose it but they were also supposed to lose the last election...

Bull Shitten is possibly the only person more unelectable than Morrison from Labor. That was enough to sway me last time and I doubt I was alone.

Albo is a huge step up, and they only need a little one.

Plus last election Morrison was a bit of an unknown as to how he'd go as PM. Now it is clear how out of touch and out of depth he is.

Inferno

Coach
There was an interesting article today about how he's the longest serving prime minister since John Howard and Scomo has no real legacy whatsoever.

Probably more of a damning indictment on the political system than him. I don't think it really rewards big ideas any more.

Plenty of options for a Party other than Lib, Labor, Greens that will give us back our freedoms, including freedom of choice from medical mandates- e.g Aust 1, Aust First, UAP, GAP etc

TooheysNew

Coach
How long has it been now? I'm just waiting for those with half a brain to admit they've been conned!
You're right - we're definitely seeing evidence of all of those mass deaths of vaccinated people you warned us about.

So 37 were vaccinated? I wonder if they may have thought 'why me' in their final moments!
Seems you struggle with basic maths almost as much as you do with critical thinking. Here, I'll help you.

Assuming a NSW population of ~8 million, and a 95% vaccination rate.

For 49 deaths, assuming the vaccine does nothing at all, the expectation would be a breakdown of
46.5 vaccinated people, and 2.5 unvaccinated. Instead, we have
37/49 vaccinated, or 75.51%
12/49 unvaccinated, or 24.49%

Or, put another way:
~95% vaccination rate, means roughly 7.6 million people are vaccinated, and 400,000 are not.
37 out of 7,600,000 = 0.00049%
12 out of 400,000 = 0.003%, which I think is roughly 6000% higher

I know which group I'm more comfortable in.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m no scomo supporter and I cringe that he is the sharks #1 supporter but I stop short of suggesting anyone else would have done better during the pandemic, he wasn’t the one in control of state decisions for starters.

A few of my mates are friends with Albo and I've asked them extensively why is he not ramming his cork down Scummos throat. They have told me that it is his total strategy is to not attack and just let the PM commit political suicide.
It may just work.

Quigs

Immortal
There is another option and it looks a goer....

This bloke has the runs on the board and Scummo endorsed and demanded his nomination for reselection before he jumped ship.

images

Some people are just so lucky to have the titan as their federal member. Didn't he recently join the Country Party?

There is another option and it looks a goer....

This bloke has the runs on the board and Scummo endorsed and demanded his nomination for reselection before he jumped ship.

images

Some people are just so lucky to have the titan as their federal member. Didn't he recently join the Country Party?
He's joined The Clive Party.