What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

very solid ratings for both last nights trials on STV
they're not split up by game

but the 2 matches attracted
112K & 103K on foxtel , so probably 175K & 150K with kayo added
pregames were 76K & 45K

for trials mind you
more then double the audience for premiership matches in the A league & Super Rugby hahaha

Last edited:
very impressive ratings again last night for the NRL trials , no cricket on so that helped

again games not individually ID'ed & kayo would bump those figures up to maybe

scratch matches doubling & maybe even tripling the ratings of A League & Super Rugby premiership games
wow

Our trials are tripling the A league comp games for ratings ,
they had 62K watch their game last night on Ch 10 & thats a FTA channel with 100% of Australians having access as opposed to STV for the NRL where only 33% of people have that.
Anyway , its not surprising
who didn't know the NRL rates & the A league doesn't 😎

Stupor Wugby last night

big game for the opening round on FTA last night
attracted a huge audience of ..................................74K ( metro) probably another 30K regionals 😳

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Diesel

Coach
Does Stan release viewing numbers? I do not imagine there are many people signing up to watch rugby

t
Somehow I can’t see Stan/Nine signing on for an extension at whatever price they paid. EAD Nine
they actually forked out pretty significant coin in comparison relatively speaking IMO

33 million PA ( 6 games a week)
compared to 120 million PA for the NRL ( 3 games a week)

The difference being the NRL is free to viewers while all bar one game a week of the rah rah is behind a $10 a month subscription fee & there are other sports already on Stan Sport .
As of May 2021 there were 150K subscribers to Stan Sport.

The question is how many new subscribers did rugby attract on their own.
Lets say half are ruggers for arguments sake .
750K a month in income for Ch 9... maybe ads around pre game , half time & post game ..telecast sponsors too
IDK another 750K a month in income
I make it no more then 18 million a year from toffball fans

oh dear 😎

This is interesting , I only guessed that half of the 150K stan sport subscribers are yawnion fans but Sneesby
( Ch 9 CEO) all but confirms it there by way of saying theres been a doubling of the numb of subscribers since they bought the rights to penaltyball.
Then spins it saying they're happy with their investment , which he has to do of course or look like a fool

66K ( Knights V Dogs ) Monday

final 3 lots of trial ratings
Cricket on Sunday would have drawn a few away

Still very good figures for the 8 games

Warriors Fever

Juniors
A league in a similar position to rugby and I’d say a lot worse. At least if you like rugby you might go and get a Stan account and watch. With the a league it’s on completely different service to epl, and all other leagues and from what I’ve heard the service is rubbish too.

The_Wookie

Bench
very solid ratings for both last nights trials on STV
they're not split up by game

but the 2 matches attracted
112K & 103K on foxtel , so probably 175K & 150K with kayo added
pregames were 76K & 45K

for trials mind you
more then double the audience for premiership matches in the A league & Super Rugby hahaha

matches specified in the updated data

pregames programming
* 103k to 105k
* 37k (no change)
* 32k (no change)

18.02 consplus7.PNG

Diesel

Coach
Why do Fox not include Kayo. Can they not provide the break down or just not willing to?