What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Pre-Season Trials - Week 2 (Feb 25-28)

beave

Coach
Flogboysstampede had a few reaching for a bit of rope too, until the Cows got their complimentary set of penalties and a few non forward pass calls
I wouldn't know, I haven't been in there for over 18months.

Few non forward, the Dearden to Holmes try pass could have gone either way, not sure of the others you speak of that have itched your vagina?

blaza88z

Coach
I wouldn't know, I haven't been in there for over 18months.

Few non forward, the Dearden to Holmes try pass could have gone either way, not sure of the others you speak of that have itched your vagina?

That's interesting, you visit BHQ more than you do your own dedicated fan forum?

I thought the first two were forward and the penalty at half-time, it was probably a penalty but a sin binning? Had no effect on the game obviously but still, I hope they are consistent with that.

Capewell needs to learn quickly he's not playing for Penrith anymore and isn't allowed to lay down for the 10 count in the ruck anymore.

That's interesting, you visit BHQ more than you do your own dedicated fan forum?

I thought the first two were forward and the penalty at half-time, it was probably a penalty but a sin binning? Had no effect on the game obviously but still, I hope they are consistent with that.

Capewell needs to learn quickly he's not playing for Penrith anymore and isn't allowed to lay down for the 10 count in the ruck anymore.
Walters gave 100% but lacked polish. I think Kelly and Reynolds are Brisbane's best halves pairing. Cobbo is one to watch out for. He has the attributes to be the next Latrell Mitchell.

For my mob I'd go with Dearden and Townsend in the halves with Drinkwater on the bench. It's no longer a big man's game so no need to have three forwards on the bench. Teams who go with one half and one dummy half on the bench will have a huge advantage over teams who go with three big men and a dummy half. Cowboys look so much better with Cotter and Neame in the forwards.

beave

Coach

My dedicated fan forum is a shell of its former self, ironically I was a small part of the creation of the original board in 2003 but have ceased posting and in there due to the few village idiots that have turned it into a painful website to visit. Heading over to BHQ was purely to get the oppositions take on the game as there has been some insightful posts in the past that i've read (Big Pete is normally one of them) but like most internet forums, it too appears to suffer from a clown mentality at times.

I digress.

If you're talking about the pass from
Townsend in the lead up to the Hammer try, I get where you are coming from but there was nothing wrong with it, Hammer ran back to take it.

The binning of Hass, for mine that is a text book binning when you weigh it all up. Dearden pokes his nose through the line with a step and beats 3 men and then has good body positioning during the tackle on him, lands on his guts 1m out from the try line, he is 100% entitled to a quick play the ball and was denied it from being held down by Hass. If you don't bin him there, you may as well blow the whole rule up.

Capewell, agree he has to learn that he ain't gonna get the leniency in the hold down like he once did........ (TIC)

beave

Coach
Walters gave 100% but lacked polish. I think Kelly and Reynolds are Brisbane's best halves pairing. Cobbo is one to watch out for. He has the attributes to be the next Latrell Mitchell.

For my mob I'd go with Dearden and Townsend in the halves with Drinkwater on the bench. It's no longer a big man's game so no need to have three forwards on the bench. Teams who go with one half and one dummy half on the bench will have a huge advantage over teams who go with three big men and a dummy half. Cowboys look so much better with Cotter and Neame in the forwards.
They'd look better with Maclean sent to the Tigers for Luciano........

They'd look better with Maclean sent to the Tigers for Luciano........
Maclean has been a flop.

I've gotten up to page 33 of the DonkeysHQ thread. Apparently the refs rigged it for us to win. 🙄😂

Some one whined about Brisbane being pulled up for not playing the ball with their foot. Didn't Adam Gee penalise us twice in the first half for the same thing?

I think he might have picked us up on it after awarding six again.

They're whining about being penalised for holding down in the ruck. I do think Brisbane were over jealous in this area when they hadn't earnt the right. Billy Walters was the worst all night at doing this.

I think both teams showed signs of improvement on last season, but are still a long way off from where they need to be.

I was very impressed with Townsend, Dearden, Drinkwater, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Tuilagi, Rueben Cotter, Gilbert, Neame, Hiku, Holmes and Hess. We've got some goof young blokes coming through. Granville was good. Time to get rid of Maclean. Jayden Hodges should be given a go at some point as I'm not sold on Robson.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Maclean has been a flop.

I've gotten up to page 33 of the DonkeysHQ thread. Apparently the refs rigged it for us to win. 🙄😂

Some one whined about Brisbane being pulled up for not playing the ball with their foot. Didn't Adam Gee penalise us twice in the first half for the same thing?

I think he might have picked us up on it after awarding six again.

They're whining about being penalised for holding down in the ruck. I do think Brisbane were over jealous in this area when they hadn't earnt the right. Billy Walters was the worst all night at doing this.

I think both teams showed signs of improvement on last season, but are still a long way off from where they need to be.

I was very impressed with Townsend, Dearden, Drinkwater, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Tuilagi, Rueben Cotter, Gilbert, Neame, Hiku, Holmes and Hess. We've got some goof young blokes coming through. Granville was good. Time to get rid of Maclean. Jayden Hodges should be given a go at some point as I'm not sold on Robson.
i would happily swap maclean for paseka, guler, rudolph, hell even jaimin joliffe would be an upgrade. Just no impact, no grit, big hits package doesnt exist. Carl Webb still had some cool highlights in his time there but jordan just been a ghost

i would happily swap maclean for paseka, guler, rudolph, hell even jaimin joliffe would be an upgrade. Just no impact, no grit, big hits package doesnt exist. Carl Webb still had some cool highlights in his time there but jordan just been a ghost
I thought Jordan would add more than what he's brought. He's another one who's was strong at Melbourne under their system but is out of his depth when he goes elsewhere.

Wasn't he supposed to fill Tamou's role?

Gutted that the Warriors v Titans game is off, but absolutely understandable given the pictures I've seen from that area.

ah well I guess that means my Warriors are 100% from the trials though :)
Jacinta Ardern needs to reopen the borders so the Warriors can play from home. If she refuses to do then Morrison should put a ban on onionball being played in this country. 😏

He could use the excuse that we've got enough vegetables sitting around like trees in this country. The last thing we need is the GPS system turning big fat rich kids into cauliflowers.

skeepe

Immortal
What is this abomination the Dogs are wearing? Those dark red numbers on a dark blue jersey are impossible to read.