What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Pre-Season Trials - Week 2 (Feb 25-28)

t-ba

Post Whore
Look at the big brains they’ve signed… TPJ, Naden, Vaughan, Hetherington last year. It’s by design.

Baz doing stupid shit again?

200.gif

blaza88z

Coach
Maclean has been a flop.

I've gotten up to page 33 of the DonkeysHQ thread. Apparently the refs rigged it for us to win. 🙄😂

Some one whined about Brisbane being pulled up for not playing the ball with their foot. Didn't Adam Gee penalise us twice in the first half for the same thing?

I think he might have picked us up on it after awarding six again.

They're whining about being penalised for holding down in the ruck. I do think Brisbane were over jealous in this area when they hadn't earnt the right. Billy Walters was the worst all night at doing this.

I think both teams showed signs of improvement on last season, but are still a long way off from where they need to be.

I was very impressed with Townsend, Dearden, Drinkwater, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Murray Tuilagi, Rueben Cotter, Gilbert, Neame, Hiku, Holmes and Hess. We've got some goof young blokes coming through. Granville was good. Time to get rid of Maclean. Jayden Hodges should be given a go at some point as I'm not sold on Robson.

I am a poster there but I don't take them seriously half the time, after we flogged Wynnum in Week 1 of the trials a few were carrying on like we had turned the corner and fully expected us to repeat the dose against the Titans. Then half the forum was near demanding Cobbo be given the fullback jersey on the back of a few big games last season for Wynnum, he's only 19 years old, give him time to develop.

I do think we'll be a lot better, Reynolds won't be able to do it all but he will be that glue to capitalise on the dominance of Payne Haas up the middle, I don't think other teams will get the ball back cheaply and that's the biggest thing for mine. Just in the Cows game, at least in the first half we were strolling down the middle but then the same old story, no control and poor execution.

Turpin's next adventure surely has to be with the Dolphins, he looked quite promising initially but he's given us nothing for a couple of seasons now.

skeepe

Immortal
The Sharks haven’t really been anything special, just solid, but the Bulldogs… yikes.

Only a trial and all that but they’ve been simply awful.

I am a poster there but I don't take them seriously half the time, after we flogged Wynnum in Week 1 of the trials a few were carrying on like we had turned the corner and fully expected us to repeat the dose against the Titans. Then half the forum was near demanding Cobbo be given the fullback jersey on the back of a few big games last season for Wynnum, he's only 19 years old, give him time to develop.

I do think we'll be a lot better, Reynolds won't be able to do it all but he will be that glue to capitalise on the dominance of Payne Haas up the middle, I don't think other teams will get the ball back cheaply and that's the biggest thing for mine. Just in the Cows game, at least in the first half we were strolling down the middle but then the same old story, no control and poor execution.

Turpin's next adventure surely has to be with the Dolphins, he looked quite promising initially but he's given us nothing for a couple of seasons now.
There were a couple of times that Brisbane had an overlap on the left edge, but couldn't get the ball out wide. Reynolds and Kelly will help the club convert those situations onto points.

Mitchell took awhile to reach his potential. The same will hold true with Cobbo. I think Mitchell and Inglis started out in the centres of successful teams, so they eased their way into it before going to full back.

Broncos should put Cobbo in the centres and maybe look at putting Tyson Gamble at fullback. He's a competitor and gives 100%. He's the gritty energetic player Brisbane need to get their sets started.