What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 3 vs Storm

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes we had a good game against Storm and Penrith. In our other finals match against Knights we where fairly average and only just scraped the win. Knights where getting slaughtered by most sides by the end of the year. It took us 78 mins to put them away and was anyone's games till then.

We lost 5 of our last 7 games. We beat Cowboys in a scrappy affair and a great win against the Storm.

We conceeded 202 points in our last 7 games and scored 92.
I’ll be shocked and stunned if we continue to play as poorly as we did last week for the rest of the year.

If we do, I’ll be the first to congratulate you. If we don’t, you’ll be the first to pretend you never said it!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We win this weekend. We have to cause if we can't beat them without those guys we are stuffed. I feel we will win tbh. Id be suprised if we are unable too
I reckon we will lose and play average for a little longer but then go on a big run later in the season once we get our heads screwed on and realise that we are big chance.

Worrying about what happens in March seems a bit pointless.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ll be shocked and stunned if we continue to play as poorly as we did last week for the rest of the year.

If we do, I’ll be the first to congratulate you. If we don’t, you’ll be the first to pretend you never said it!

I'll just blame my insomnia you peanut.

In all seriousness I hope I am wrong. We played shit and almost won ffs.But everytime we are hyped up we turn to shit.

2002, 20210, 2018.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'll just blame my insomnia you peanut.

In all seriousness I hope I am wrong. We played shit and almost won ffs.But everytime we are hyped up we turn to shit.

2002, 20210, 2018.
Yeah. We are shit favourites. Hence my comment about being a bit cautious in the Sharks game. We’ve always been a team of nervous bedwetters once people start talking us up.

lingard

Coach
On the Storm if you had to list their best 6 players and our best 6 who would they be?

B.Smith,Grant and Welch are 3 of theirs along with Munster, Papenhauzen and Hughes.

Our best 6 id say are - Gutherson,Moses,D.Brown,Mahoney, Jnr,Rcg.... I'd probably have Papali'i at 7. Matterson/Marata may sneak into 8th or 9th.

We win this weekend. We have to cause if we can't beat them without those guys we are stuffed. I feel we will win tbh. Id be suprised if we are unable too
I agree generally with what you're saying, but I think you're under-rating Matterson and Marata. I think we all are.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Niukore i agree with his versatility is missed.

Matto while solid and without niukroe leaves a double hole lose more depth in that area.

Matto couldn't make the side come finals time last year and they won 7 from 9 without him last year and one of those losses was the reserve grade side we sent out against penrith.

So it didn't affect us last year without him i would almost say our best wins last year were without him in canberra and Melbourne at Suncorp.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel like Matterson is a good defender but his run games just average. Have seen him play a few top shelf games but he isn't consistent

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Someone should tell Matterson he has a shit haircut. I reckon he'd fire up and destroy players in response.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I feel like Matterson is a good defender but his run games just average. Have seen him play a few top shelf games but he isn't consistent
None of our players are really that consistent. At our best we are premiership contenders. At our worst we sneak into the 8. Would love to see us at our best more often.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wearing them down and run in 3 tries in the last 20mins wasn't it?
If we had only defended better the grind would've been fine. It got us back in front after that awful first half. It's the right tactic for our squad. Parraball is for teams like Wests or the Titans.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Storm completed at 69% and we completed at 90%.

Yes it was a great win. But of our last 9 games that and our finals loss to Penrith are the only two good games we played.
Everyone forgot about the other games including the one against the Knights in the finals. 28-20 That took us to the wire.

As fans we cherry picked those 2 good performances and forgot about the garbage we dished out in the other 7 games
Opposition and stakes matter. We never looked like losing the Knights game, and the Storm was obviously the one that really mattered to us. No doubt we didn't matter to them because they obviously took us lightly, just like we took our opponents lightly these past two weeks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon we will lose and play average for a little longer but then go on a big run later in the season once we get our heads screwed on and realise that we are big chance.

Worrying about what happens in March seems a bit pointless.
Yep, it's nice to pick up the two points, which we did in round one and were a minute away from doing in round two. We have plenty of improvement in us.