What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 3 vs Storm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
None of our players are really that consistent. At our best we are premiership contenders. At our worst we sneak into the 8. Would love to see us at our best more often.
Surely that’s the coaches job?? I mean doesn’t he drive the standards at the club??? I suppose he’s only in his 9th season and he has a spine that has only been together for four seasons.

I mean the Cronulla halves had been together for 2 games and an off season and they looked like the have been together far longer. It must be those damn players again!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Surely that’s the coaches job?? I mean doesn’t he drive the standards at the club??? I suppose he’s only in his 9th season and he has a spine that has only been together for four seasons.

I mean the Cronulla halves had been together for 2 games and an off season and they looked like the have been together far longer. It must be those damn players again!!
If thats the case, why were you saying the direct opposite last week?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Parra's form has been disappointing so far. Their attack poor (except for 1st half Tits) but most disappointing has been their defence. Until they get that right we're going nowhere! Look at the Cows v Raiders game. For a team widely picked as wooden spooner the Cows defence was top notch and we should look at their game as a benchmark for us. Same with Knights their defence has been outstanding.

Probably have a good point half way through the year

First few rounds are generally not a good guide. Otherwise we would be premiers last 3 years

Lot of upsets happen this period, as we have seen already.

Glenneel

Bench
No mate. You’re the peanut. What happens in Round 3 is largely irrelevant.
What about rounds 4-24 are they less relevant? Every round is relevant and Saturday would give us an indication if we're contenders or pretenders. If we can't fire up for a Storm game nothing will, it'll be shades of 2018.

Glenneel

Bench
I’m always wary of players doing a Wagon, but this has pissed me off for years. At times we show too much respect for opposition stars. Every now and then if they crab you need to f**ken smash em
Steddy on, we didn't want to spoil his good looks.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What about rounds 4-24 are they less relevant? Every round is relevant and Saturday would give us an indication if we're contenders or pretenders. If we can't fire up for a Storm game nothing will, it'll be shades of 2018.
The point is that one round alone or even 3 rounds is not a lot to base such a massive call on.

TheRam

Coach
No mate. You’re the peanut. What happens in Round 3 is largely irrelevant.

The idiots who say that, are just parroting the media who have no clue as well or are just making that dumb assumption all by themselves.

What happened in round 2 or 3 or any round really can have a massive effect on where you end up at the end of the season and how you perform once you're there and are you able to sustain it for the necessary amount of games in the playoffs? Will it be the top 8, top 4 or top 2 or will you miss out altogether?

Also it can have a massive baring on what your standards are like, from what your best game looks like to your worst. So far we have shown that our worst is wooden spoon worthy and our best, well can trouble the Titans for 20-30 mins. Our character as a team, who we are that BA keeps harping on about is mentally weak as piss. no one can argue that fact, but I am sure posters like @Poupou Escobar or @Gronk or even you will find a way.

If people think that playing consistently inconsistent will ultimately deliver a premiership at the end of that same season especially when defensively we are strangers that need introductions and offensively we move like zombies who cant smell fresh blood, then they are kidding themselves.

When your best and worst are light years apart, I fear that a premiership is equally as distant and out of reach. This weeks game mean plenty for a bunch of reasons. We should be able to put 13+ on them. But with the way we have played thus far, would anyone really be surprised if they put 13+ on us? Maybe only the media and the usual suspects on this forum, who also don't think that every game or performance counts. You know just like Bellamy in the coaches box this weekend will be thinking that the early rounds don't count much either.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Storm completed at 69% and we completed at 90%.

Yes it was a great win. But of our last 9 games that and our finals loss to Penrith are the only two good games we played.
Everyone forgot about the other games including the one against the Knights in the finals. 28-20 That took us to the wire.

As fans we cherry picked those 2 good performances and forgot about the garbage we dished out in the other 7 games

Great post Hindy and why every game does count and only illustrates my previous post further.

TheRam

Coach
I’ll be shocked and stunned if we continue to play as poorly as we did last week for the rest of the year.

If we do, I’ll be the first to congratulate you. If we don’t, you’ll be the first to pretend you never said it!

Mate what a ridiculous garbage statement and one you know, just playing the odds, isn't going to happen and neither Hindy or anyone else has seriously suggested that we will play this poorly for the entire season.

As you well know our roster is to good to not play well in some games, especially when the opposition don't have the forwards ours do or don't turn up. But you avoided the inconsistency you previously mentioned which is the main issue that most of us including you have been bunging on about.

We are way to inconsistent and our form swings way to much from champs to chumps even within games. When you play like this, good luck sorting it out at the end of the year for the entire 3-4 games against the better teams, which is necessary to win the title.