What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

DinkyDi

Juniors
There's a place for him here. Leniu, Hopgood, JFH and Leota as the ideal rotation in a few years.

With due respect to Sorenson the guy tries his guts out but any time ruck's slow for us and at a decent speed for the other team and there's a destructive bench prop with the ball he'll get absolutely battered as a prop forward. Tries hard but George Burges got so much momentum targeting him in the game against the Dragons and it isn't for a lack of effort, desire or preparation on Sorenson's part. The game was played like a 2019 game and Sorenson weighs well under 100kgs. In any slow ruck game that's too small, he's only viable as a prop in more open games.
Lindsay Smith is a must keep.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Anyone who understands Astrology knows we must get Sam Verrills, but could cause a love triangle problem with him Nathan and Jarome hahaha 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20220331_093144.jpg
    IMG_20220331_093144.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 20

Iamback

Coach
There's a place for him here. Leniu, Hopgood, JFH and Leota as the ideal rotation in a few years.

With due respect to Sorenson the guy tries his guts out but any time ruck's slow for us and at a decent speed for the other team and there's a destructive bench prop with the ball he'll get absolutely battered as a prop forward. Tries hard but George Burges got so much momentum targeting him in the game against the Dragons and it isn't for a lack of effort, desire or preparation on Sorenson's part. The game was played like a 2019 game and Sorenson weighs well under 100kgs. In any slow ruck game that's too small, he's only viable as a prop in more open games.

That is why he should move to an edge

Original Name

Juniors
Lindsay Smith is going to be a late bloomer similar to Christian Welch.
I'm optimistic as a prospect just because of his height and agility but in that latest game against the Knights Blacker looked more effective. I think if we have 3 other great props he can do a job right now as a toiler for awhile but anything more than toiling I haven't seen in his game.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I am sure the reason Api Koraisou went to the Tigers is because of Mag. I can't see Mag lasting the season. Tigers will be wooden spooners .

chrisD

Coach
If Sorenson could pass off the ground just serviceable enough to rest the hooker for 10-15 minutes he'd make a good 14, but I don't think he could.

Anyway I'll consider it a mistake if Sorenson is still playing prop by the finals.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If Sorenson could pass off the ground just serviceable enough to rest the hooker for 10-15 minutes he'd make a good 14, but I don't think he could.

Anyway I'll consider it a mistake if Sorenson is still playing prop by the finals.
The common belief is that he's better in the middle than out wide yeah? I don't have a strong opinion either way

chrisD

Coach
The common belief is that he's better in the middle than out wide yeah? I don't have a strong opinion either way
He doesn't dent a set defensive line in the middle and his control in the ruck against bigger bodies is not ideal, we have better suited prospects coming through for that last bench prop spot. He has a lot of intangibles though so we wouldn't be dropping him.

Iamback

Coach
He doesn't dent a set defensive line in the middle and his control in the ruck against bigger bodies is not ideal, we have better suited prospects coming through for that last bench prop spot. He has a lot of intangibles though so we wouldn't be dropping him.

He doesn't though.You watch him tonight though Gets quick play the balls and as such gets the opposition on their backfoot

Iamback

Coach
I watch closely all the time, you need to watch once in a while instead of regurgitating statistics.

I didn't post his stats. Merely said his play the ball speed is better for prop.

Leinu has the size.
Martin/Sorensen should be the 2nd prop to combat the smaller faster middle other sides are playing.

quick play the balls are handy too

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Went for a retirement payment, nothing else. If he somehow has a Madge clause in his contract I'd be keeping him here

Instead of going to England Api is able to get his retirement package at W/T. I think I recall hearing (or reading) it is a huge contract the biggest of his life.

How will Api go behind a forward without (at times) too much go forward.

You can't blame the bloke for taking the money and running, at this stage of his career.

Kilkenny

Coach
Media suggesting a possible swap between Luke Brooks and Luke Thompson. I rate Thompson he has a terrific motor, I think he would be great for us, not on his current wages granted, but just the sort of player who would immediately strengthen our forward stocks particularly with Kikau leaving. Not gonna happen, but he will be a good pick up for whoever gets him given the Bulldogs have to free cap space to comply in the next season or two with Kikau and Mahoney coming on board Next season.

Munky

Coach
Former Dally M halfback of the year Luke Brooks getting traded for an undersized middle forward with discipline issues.

Deal of the century for the Tigers if it happens.

Kilkenny

Coach
Former Dally M halfback of the year Luke Brooks getting traded for an undersized middle forward with discipline issues.

Deal of the century for the Tigers if it happens.
I agree he is not the biggest middle in the game, but can play big minutes with huge work rate.