What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team selection vs. Wests Tigers

Frenzy.

Immortal
We need to win this by 50 to be considered a top4 team.

HAHAHA Rubbish.

There were only two 50 point wins by top 4 teams in 2021.

There were only two 50 point wins by top 4 teams in 2020.

There were only two 50 point wins by top 4 teams in 2019.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I would be happy with a 16 or 20 to nil win, continue to get defence in order.
Spine build, continue from game against Knights

coolumsharkie

Referee
Didn't reailse Talakai started as a centre in his transition to the big time (rep footy) This makes sense now of course.

Windy70

Juniors
Leave them as is. I think they are still meshing and any changes could throw the process off course.
And they really seem to be enjoying the process.

Sweet FA...... I want to see us to put teams to the sword when the opportunity arises for the full 80. the past few years our F & A has played a major role in our top 8 seat at the end of the season. I hate when our slot and finals program is decided by our differential.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I just wanna see a win but a better attitude than prior years when playing lower teams

The side flogged the Dragons during Cyclone Tracy last week playing dry weather footy in a waterspout

I think that attitude is already dead to be frank.

Weaponhead

Coach
Hunt got less than 12 minutes against Canberra in round 1.

In preferring Tolman and Fifita, it would seem the coaching staff want bench front rowers they can trust to churn out 30+ quality minutes.

Royce has shown that he can be a make a genuine impact in short bursts but he needs to prove that he can do it for longer. This is exactly what Pele needs to do as well. I suspect that Fitz prioritises tough yards and quality tackles under fatigue over highlight reel runs trampling defenders.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Hunt got less than 12 minutes against Canberra in round 1.

In preferring Tolman and Fifita, it would seem the coaching staff want bench front rowers they can trust to churn out 30+ quality minutes.

Royce has shown that he can be a make a genuine impact in short bursts but he needs to prove that he can do it for longer. This is exactly what Pele needs to do as well. I suspect that Fitz prioritises tough yards and quality tackles under fatigue over highlight reel runs trampling defenders.
Early on in season as well minutes normally more evenly spread, as players get there minutes up, it's more suited to have a Hunt on bench for 15 minute run

Weaponhead

Coach
Early on in season as well minutes normally more evenly spread, as players get there minutes up, it's more suited to have a Hunt on bench for 15 minute run
I like Hunt and think there is a role for impact, power runners but he going to need to show more to make the top 17. He had an interrupted 2021 so will need miles in the legs to be at his best.

On Friday night, Toby played 43 minutes BHU 39, Tolman 41 and Fifita 24. I don't think Hunt has the motor yet to churn out 20+ minutes which might be needed in case of injury. He should get there in the next couple of months as match fitness grows.

R-15-3

Juniors
Noticed hunt not pushing up with the defensive line a few times on the weekend for the Jets, besides his few big runs offers nothing else.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Noticed hunt not pushing up with the defensive line a few times on the weekend for the Jets, besides his few big runs offers nothing else.
Of the props yesterday Hazelton looked the best, he hit in tackles very physical and plenty post contact metres.
I would like to seem him get a run in 1sts this year

shadowboxer

First Grade
This way of thinking leads to complacency and setting yourself up to be disappointed even if we win 26 - 0. I hope Fitz and the rest of the squad don't think like this.
It also leads to fluffies going to slitters very quickly and it is embarrassing.
I am just enjoying the battle more than anything. The games have been entertaining and defence top class.

Bob Scott

Juniors
I hope we don't get too blase about this game , whilst they look like bunnies on attack they are only -38 after 4 games , so it's not like they are getting hammered . Plus i think with an ounce of luck and a fraction more brains on attack they could be 2 from 4 .
Follow our processes and treat it as tho we are playing a top 4 team and the result will take care of itself , almost certain this is what will be a constant theme at training this week .

Frenzy.

Immortal
Someone call the Storms and let them know they aren't a Top 4 side please. 44-0 not good enough