What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Titans GAME DAY THREAD @ CBus Stadium 9/4/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Makatoa I assume was injured as he barely played any minutes?
Not injured, just not needed. It's not like the Titans were making easy metres through the middle, which is usually a sign that some of your middle defenders are gassed. Paulo only played 44 minutes and Kaufusi 32. Nrown and RCG played long minutes but how fatigued do they need to be before a fresh Makatoa (no pun intended) is a more effective defender?

Noise

Coach
I think they stopped opposition players giving evidence a number of years ago because they always just stood up for their mate.

Soto

Bench
So NAS purposely attacks Makatoa's head and gets sweet FA? Makes sense. Jnr hits a shoulder potential 2 weeks.
There are 4 teams that are immune from punishment.
1 is interstate. 2 are the book of feuds rivals and 1 is West of Parra

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think he is eligible. From little I have seen he is a goer. High energy and 100% effort. But unsure on his actual ability under high balls, defense etc. He would be more powerfull then any other winger in our squad bar Sivo. So I assume must be other areas in his game that are not up to scratch
He's got quick feet as well. He actually looks too good for reserve grade, so he must have some serious flaws.

eels_fan

First Grade
So no Waqa and Paulo next week, thankfully a couple others may be back

Gutho
Opacic
Niukore
Penisini
Simmonsen
Brown
Moses
RCG
Mahoney
Papalii
Lane
Matto
Brown

Carty
Kaufusi
Maka
Rein

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Moses and Paulo are better public speakers than Gutherson. Gutho must be really good at speaking on the field because he tends to overuse cliches and get his words mixed up when speaking to the media. I’m surprised Junior said he failed English at school because he seems to be a natural.
I failed English in my HSC exams as well, despite always being the best at reading/writing from an early age. How well you perform in high school especially the later years just comes down to how much you give a f**k. Junior Paulo would've known he wanted to play NRL from a very young age. I don't think study would've been a high priority for him.

hindy111

Post Whore
So no Waqa and Paulo next week, thankfully a couple others may be back

Gutho
Opacic
Niukore
Penisini
Simmonsen
Brown
Moses
RCG
Mahoney
Papalii
Lane
Matto
Brown

Carty
Kaufusi
Maka
Rein

I'd rather Marata in the pack and keep our defensive centres where are.
We can blood a young guy on the wing. Laizou or Perham would be fine. If being torn apart we can make a swap.

eels_fan

First Grade
I'd rather Marata in the pack and keep our defensive centres where are.
We can blood a young guy on the wing. Laizou or Perham would be fine. If being torn apart we can make a swap.
Yeah I’d agree if we weren’t playing the tigers but I think we have enough grunt up front even without Marata and Paulo against them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dumb as dog shit.
Not a disqualifier to lead NRL players I wouldn't think. I knew a couple of great leaders in the army who weren't too bright. They just ticked every other box and were able to make everyone around them perform better. For a smart merkin like me who values intelligence it was a bit of an eye opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts