What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday Rnd 7 vs Knights

eels_fan

First Grade
Wouldnt the nrl say, why the f**k did you not put the merkin 18/19? And tell us, f**k of rabbits
Knowing our lack, yes, but I’ve seen it happen with other clubs in the last 12 months who have drafted in a player outside their 19 man pre-game squad due to an injury and no suitable replacement in the 19

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Opa is a game day scratching, and both reserves being forwards, I’d imagine we could get dispensation to bring Cini in
Nope, no chance as he was cut from the squad. If he was in doubt, we should have left a back in the 19 man squad.

the phantom menace

First Grade
With Cartwright and Greig going forward in the 19, then you'd expect Arthur is comfortable if Opacic is a game day scratching that a) Jakob comes into the halves and Dylan slides over to centre or b) Cartwright comes in at centre.

I'm still keen to see the middle rotation strengthened, through either Papali'i doing big minutes in that role (with Matterson covering edge) and/or Greig being picked in the 17 so that Makatoa or Kaufusi can have a week off and refresh.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well that would be the wise thing to do. Shall we revisit this later?
Maybe I should have said, if he was in doubt and we wanted to name a back as an replacement then they should have been in the 19…

So if he doesn’t play it’s either Drown, Cartwright or Matterson (not that I agree but the only centre options in the 19)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Depends what proof the NRL require. Could be a simple as saying “we thought he’d be right” but then he isn’t
Then the NRL will ask why did BA suggest in the he press conference he was unlikely….but didn’t keep an replacement in the 19…

I think only in “extraordinary” circumstances the NRL has let new replacements be added the squad, like Covid or failed drug tests etc