What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Schuster

justadragon

Bench
there would be no way that you would see either Amone or Sullivan remain with this club if Schuster was brought to be the next 5/8. Any player manager worth his salt would immediately be shopping those guys around, and I would think much to the detriment of the Dragons, they are an untapped unproven talent source which has yet to be fulfilled, but the potential is there for everybody to see, I would absolutely hate it to see those guys be superstars at another club.

Dragon David

First Grade
there would be no way that you would see either Amone or Sullivan remain with this club if Schuster was brought to be the next 5/8. Any player manager worth his salt would immediately be shopping those guys around, and I would think much to the detriment of the Dragons, they are an untapped unproven talent source which has yet to be fulfilled, but the potential is there for everybody to see, I would absolutely hate it to see those guys be superstars at another club.
That would be the last straw for me. As Denis Preston has said, we have Bud, Amone and Mbye. Surely they are the ones that will be fighting it out for the 5/8th job - Mbye moreso the bench player though. If Wayne gets wind of this who knows what will happen to the "untried and unproven" Amone and Sullivan kids. It doesn't take much nowadays to lure players away from clubs where good money offered is concerned.

Dragon David

First Grade
See next post

justadragon

Bench
That would be the last straw for me. As Denis Preston has said, we have Bud, Amone and Mbye. Surely they are the ones that will be fighting it out for the 5/8th job - Mbye moreso the bench player though. If Wayne gets wind of this who knows what will happen to the "untried and unproven" Amone and Sullivan kids. It doesn't take much nowadays to lure players away from clubs where good money offered is concerned.
Agree completely DD, and a club like the Dolphins would have a lot of money to throw around plus the added advantage of being coached by Wayne Bennett. You wouldnt have to be a genius to see what would happen. I reckon the Dragons need to be very precise in how they handle Amone Sullivan and Sloan, we wont get too many second chances. Mind you having said all the above I would want these lads to continue to be humble and appreciate the opportunity they have without holding a gun to the Dragons head, unjustified.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree completely DD, and a club like the Dolphins would have a lot of money to throw around plus the added advantage of being coached by Wayne Bennett. You wouldnt have to be a genius to see what would happen. I reckon the Dragons need to be very precise in how they handle Amone Sullivan and Sloan, we wont get too many second chances. Mind you having said all the above I would want these lads to continue to be humble and appreciate the opportunity they have without holding a gun to the Dragons head, unjustified.
Totally agree justadragon.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
More likely Foran signs on to play hooker and Schuster gets the 5/8 role. Don't think Manly would be silly enough to allow Josh to leave when he has a decade of being a top tier player ahead of him while Foran is right near the end.
Nah but Latu Fainu as well

SaintPeter

Juniors
Well, he certainly wasn't a top tier player last night.
Lazy, missing in action, threw crazy passes and had minimal contribution. Cam Murray ran straight past him on their try line and scored untouched.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Honestly it's like some of the people on here only listen to paper talk, as opposed to actually watching the game.

Schuster is not a 5/8, not even close.

What makes one think he's up there with the elite ball players of the league?

Draginzaaar

Bench
True but Bud plays above his weight. He often puts his body on the line in both defence and setting up the attack and that's why he gets injured. So how does he taper his playing style to give him some hope of longevity in the game? I honestly can't wait to see he, Junior and Tyrell get more than one game together in the top grade. Put them behind our pack and watch them go.
Then he needs to beef up.

Latest posts