What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R8 Sat - Warriors 21-20* Canberra @ Moreton Daily

Round 8: Warriors v Canberra

• Warriors

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raiders fans have long memories. Lodge will not be given a warm welcome next time he plays in Canberra.
But every week there is a player on the opposition (or referee or fan base) who does something that Canberra fans don’t like and is blamed for Canberra losing, and isn’t welcome in Canberra any more.

The nation’s capital must be a pretty lonely place.

I know he's still young and developing but geez Schneider offers nothing. Once Fogarty is available I doubt Schneider will see much first grade again in his career, just has nothing.
can kick goals , but has an average general kicking game , average in positional D
doesn't seem to organise much so not taking any pressure off Wighton
has more then an error or 2 in him per match as well
& he's playing in a team that can't carry him & the above

our season will be over before Fogarty gets back

Stuart has very few options to go to to replace the bumbling clowns he has now but a big overhaul is required

My best team from the available squad

1 CNK based on what savage has done ( zip) , CNK is our best option at custodian
2 Rapana
3 Kris change is needed
4 Croker yep , flame away but he is respected in the squad & might spark something
5 Cotric
6 Wighton
7 Frawley just has a more rounded game
8 Papalii
9 Eliott got more punch when he was there
10 Tapine
11 Whitehead
12 CHN
13 Hudson Young
14 Starling
15 Sutton
16 Horsborough
17 Rushton

we aren't going to win any games with the current 17, might with that line up

Canard

Immortal
But every week there is a player on the opposition (or referee or fan base) who does something that Canberra fans don’t like and is blamed for Canberra losing, and isn’t welcome in Canberra any more.

The nation’s capital must be a pretty lonely place.
Imagine thinking a guy who threatens to kill women and children, would be scared of being booed by some pissed up Canberra bogan

Bazal

Post Whore
Imagine thinking a guy who threatens to kill women and children, would be scared of being booed by some pissed up Canberra bogan

To be fair he does generally seem to be afraid of anyone with a functioning penis or over the age of 5, which is why he threatens women and small children

_Johnsy

Referee
But Johnsy how many times have you seen what you describe be given a penalty?
Warriors fan hey?

Too often. While we have weak merkins playing the game who have zero integrity, who are willing to cheat to try & get a win, those penalties will be given. If it is direct contact no issue. Penalty every day of the week. But if the player is obviously feigning injury, and it’s obvious sin bin or automatic 10 min HIA. I consider feigning injury akin to cheating. Then again anything that merkin does wouldn’t shock me. That bloke should have done a stint & his jail purse should have treated like a sizzler buffet, but I digress.

Did his arm make direct contact with his head?
Was any contact made where Lodge was holding his head?

GongPanther

Referee
At the time of the Lodge penalty I was watching without the sound and from across the room. What I saw was Horsborough going in with a swinging arm and recklessly (not in a, ‘he should be suspended way’, but in a ‘we are up by two points with a few minutes to go and it would be stupid to do something I could be penalised for’). I was surprised when I then turned up the volume and heard the commentators complaining.

That is a penalty every game if it happens in the third minute of the game. Thee are plenty of reasons to hate Lodge, but I’d be yelling at my player to stay down if they were in the position Lodge is in.
Same with me. I had the volume down, and I didn't need the gobby commentary in lecturing to me how my take on that hit should have been.

Like I keep stating, listen to music when watching the footy for a better experience.

Generalzod

Immortal
Warriors fan hey?

Too often. While we have weak merkins playing the game who have zero integrity, who are willing to cheat to try & get a win, those penalties will be given. If it is direct contact no issue. Penalty every day of the week. But if the player is obviously feigning injury, and it’s obvious sin bin or automatic 10 min HIA. I consider feigning injury akin to cheating. Then again anything that merkin does wouldn’t shock me. That bloke should have done a stint & his jail purse should have treated like a sizzler buffet, but I digress.

Did his arm make direct contact with his head?
Was any contact made where Lodge was holding his head?
No I follow the Sharks..

Leber

Bench
In all seriousness, Stuart prob needs to go to give McFadden a chance.

The bloke was thrown in the deep end with us and I always thought he'd do well second time round.

Plus, he's already bald so wont need to worry about pulling his hair out coaching those muppets.

Did Lodge feign injury .... yep
did he get hit high .. yep

would 9 out of 10 players do exactly the same where it happened in an effort to get a penalty & draw the game ... yep

for me
the warriors score that set anyway & the game ends 3 minutes earlier then it did
this lodge shit is just noise & doesn't detract from another raiders fade out

TheDMC

Bench
Same with me. I had the volume down, and I didn't need the gobby commentary in lecturing to me how my take on that hit should have been.

Like I keep stating, listen to music when watching the footy for a better experience.
I'm going to try the music thing. The commentators are infuriating, especially Blocker.

Someone2

Juniors
Raiders miss the skills and experience of Hodgson they are going to be in a big hole next year with gone