What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

And they wonder why people aren't attending events.

need to give people options

Then why are the crowds at Parramatta stadium so much bigger than the old stadium?

Trust me, they know what they’re doing. Heaps of cars in a small space cause more problems than they fix. In fact more people getting to the game via public transport is better for the local economy. Heaps of urban design information on this out there.

Iamback

Coach
Then why are the crowds at Parramatta stadium so much bigger than the old stadium?

Trust me, they know what they’re doing. Heaps of cars in a small space cause more problems than they fix. In fact more people getting to the game via public transport is better for the local economy. Heaps of urban design information on this out there.

As I said. How many Thurs or Fri night games have they had?

How are the Wanderers crowds going? They have dropped

Works perfect for weekends.

For a week night though. Often people don't work where they live. Who is going to drive home then jump back on a train just to attend an event they can watch on TV.

Or Trawl through terrible weather and so on.

Same reason P1 is always full when events are on in Homebush, Not everyone drives in but the option should be there

murraymob

Coach
From what I understand the idea before it become a reality was that the stadium would go at the paceway .the people running the paceway wanted a alternative location for them ..that has never happened.it would still have to happen before any stadium goes there.
The paceway site is a better location both in size and flexibility in what they build

As I said. How many Thurs or Fri night games have they had?

How are the Wanderers crowds going? They have dropped

Works perfect for weekends.

For a week night though. Often people don't work where they live. Who is going to drive home then jump back on a train just to attend an event they can watch on TV.

Or Trawl through terrible weather and so on.

Same reason P1 is always full when events are on in Homebush, Not everyone drives in but the option should be there

The Wanderers are utter shite.

All I’m saying is the best way to get crowds in and especially out of a stadium is public transport. Obviously you’re a fan of the car, but there’s actual design science that shows cars are bad for large events.

Getting rid of that grass parking at the SFS will make a much better game day experience for most people. That space can be used for food stalls or for kids to kick around a footy.

forby

Juniors
Where the drag strip was is now housing.
there is a lot of vacant land around there though.
Bushfire ratings might prevent a pace way being built there though.

forby

Juniors
I’m sure that you couldn’t build a major sporting venue which would require stables and the like in a bushfire area!

forby

Juniors
No, there aren't built in the bush like at Castlereagh.
Besides they are all quite old and wouldn't get built today.

Kilkenny

Coach
Did I read something about the paceway moving to the Castlereagh drag strip site?
The current Paceway site will eventually become high rise units, shops, restaurants only a matter of time. Part of the developmental will involve a new trotting facility being built out at Castlereagh. Similar to the Harold Park situation where there land is now high density units and a new facility was built out at Menangle. It’s been on the drawing board for some time now, will happen eventually.

murraymob

Coach
The current Paceway site will eventually become high rise units, shops, restaurants only a matter of time. Part of the developmental will involve a new trotting facility being built out at Castlereagh. Similar to the Harold Park situation where there land is now high density units and a new facility was built out at Menangle. It’s been on the drawing board for some time now, will happen eventually.
Fibro man will be shattered if his home the paceway and queen of the nile Pokie are gone
Given the time of year and contracts needing to be signed I can’t see any changes.Two years at parra then home to panther land current ground

forby

Juniors
Why not do it the other way around - new stadium at Castlereagh and renovate the Paceway?
Only joking, but unless they can get land in the lakes precinct they won’t build a paceway in the bush at Castlereagh.

Latest posts